I'm calling it now. Bernie Sanders will be the Democratic nominee for President.***

Mile High Lion

Sep 3, 2001
C'mon dude. Can't leave us high and dry. Why?
Why? Because Hillary just isn't a very strong candidate.

Watching her campaign is painful. She looks so stiff, wooden and phony, although she does look a bit better than 2008. Clearly she hates getting it out there and mixing it up with the regular folks. It's as if she wishes this unnecessary running for office could be over and done with so she could go back to DC and NY.

She is the wife of a former President. That helps her with name recognition but makes her about as status quo as you can get. Voters don't want status quo whether they are Republicans or Democrats. Look how Jeb and all the other establishment Republicans are faltering.

She has an issue with trust and tends to flip-flop on issues depending on what the polls say on a particular day. Look how she she supported Bush on Iraq then backtracked later. She had been praising the TPP for months then switched once campaign season rolled around. A lot of voters doubt her to come through when the tough votes come around, especially more liberal Democrats.

I don't see it happening. She has a lot of money and name recognition and party support but she looks too flawed. Sanders wins.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Why? Because Hillary just isn't a very strong candidate.

Watching her campaign is painful. She looks so stiff, wooden and phony, although she does look a bit better than 2008. Clearly she hates getting it out there and mixing it up with the regular folks. It's as if she wishes this unnecessary running for office could be over and done with so she could go back to DC and NY.

She is the wife of a former President. That helps her with name recognition but makes her about as status quo as you can get. Voters don't want status quo whether they are Republicans or Democrats. Look how Jeb and all the other establishment Republicans are faltering.

She has an issue with trust and tends to flip-flop on issues depending on what the polls say on a particular day. Look how she she supported Bush on Iraq then backtracked later. She had been praising the TPP for months then switched once campaign season rolled around. A lot of voters doubt her to come through when the tough votes come around, especially more liberal Democrats.

I don't see it happening. She has a lot of money and name recognition and party support but she looks too flawed. Sanders wins.

Interesting, but most of that was true 3 months ago. Why are people changing their minds now? Did it take that long for things to sink in? Did Bernie start to resonate with some? BENGHAZI?

I'll tell you what, if Bernie does win it, it will be the biggest flop in politics for ages. She had something like a 30 - 40 point lead at one time.

I think Bernie is wrong on much, but I have to give him credit for being genuine and consistent. He shouldn't be president though. America shouldn't want "grandpa Bernie" telling them what is right or wrong simply based on his judgment.

Mile High Lion

Sep 3, 2001
Interesting, but most of that was true 3 months ago. Why are people changing their minds now? Did it take that long for things to sink in? Did Bernie start to resonate with some? BENGHAZI?

I'll tell you what, if Bernie does win it, it will be the biggest flop in politics for ages. She had something like a 30 - 40 point lead at one time.

I think Bernie is wrong on much, but I have to give him credit for being genuine and consistent. He shouldn't be president though. America shouldn't want "grandpa Bernie" telling them what is right or wrong simply based on his judgment.
You've got to realize Bernie started at zero. Everybody heard of Hillary. Almost no one heard of a Senator from Vermont. He's not going to be leading if no one knows who he is. He had to start at zero then go to 1% then 2%, 5% and up from there. From the perspective of most voters we are in the first inning. Many, many voters still don't know who he is or anything about him.

T J

May 29, 2001
You've got to realize Bernie started at zero. Everybody heard of Hillary. Almost no one heard of a Senator from Vermont. He's not going to be leading if no one knows who he is. He had to start at zero then go to 1% then 2%, 5% and up from there. From the perspective of most voters we are in the first inning. Many, many voters still don't know who he is or anything about him.

Appreciate your opinions.

A Strategist said today that the key factor for the Hillary is not Bernie, but the FBI Director. Seems many on both sides of the aisle are hearing that the case against Hill is already made by the FBI and now the problems with the Clinton Foundation are being firmed up.

We will see.

The strategist said that Bernie may win IA and NH, but when he gets to the South, he's toast. No chance.

The Dem's may then draft a Biden/Fauxcohantis ticket to rally the hard core Dems.

Not saying any of this will happen. Just throwing it out for consideration.

Last edited:

We_Are

May 29, 2001
If Cankles goes down...the Democrats will anoint Biden...they're idiots not stupid...

Reactions: bdgan

katchthis

Sep 3, 2004
Supposedly they have Gov Brown from Cali in the wings if Hillary goes down. That's why Pelosi, et. al. are sitting back on their endorsements.

thecoolestfish

Nov 1, 2005
Independent "party" candidate Jim Webb is still getting my vote. To hell with the far left that's taken over my Dem party. They want to lose this election - well I'm going to help them.

Reactions: T J and m.knox

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Independent "party" candidate Jim Webb is still getting my vote. To hell with the far left that's taken over my Dem party. They want to lose this election - well I'm going to help them.

I may have to do the same though I am disinclined to throw my vote away again as I did in 2008. I feel like I was part of the reason the far left has taken over your party. Had McCain won, I'm pretty sure the country wouldn't be as polarized as it is now.

indynittany

Feb 21, 2005
Supposedly they have Gov Brown from Cali in the wings if Hillary goes down. That's why Pelosi, et. al. are sitting back on their endorsements.

6862_10205247035595186_8526177718677351075_n.jpg

Reactions: m.knox

T J

May 29, 2001
I may have to do the same though I am disinclined to throw my vote away again as I did in 2008. I feel like I was part of the reason the far left has taken over your party. Had McCain won, I'm pretty sure the country wouldn't be as polarized as it is now.

Good case can be made that the "Far Left" bought the Democrat Party as far back as the Great Society vote buying schemes.

The extreme Radical Leftists have just been further entrenching themselves for decades into the Leftist Media Super Pacs, neo-Marxist Unions, Education and Government.

Those were all parts of the plans and goals laid out by the two Columbia professors, for the internal overthrow of America, back in the 60s.

Run up astronomical debt via entitlements. Pit groups against each other, instead of all being Americans. Make people dependent on government and buy votes via kickbacks and bribes. Destroy the energy and economic sectors. Infiltrate every major sector of society. Etc...

Obama was part of that training at Columbia, per one of his classmates, who was also a self-named Marxist. Pelosi and Hillary were both Saul Alinsky Rules for Radicals disciples.

Hillary's thesis at Wellesley was on Saul Alinsky.

The Democrat Party was bought by the Radical Left a long time ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: m.knox