ADVERTISEMENT

Illustrating the issue with today's media: cnn article on Volkswagen.

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
See the link below.

The headline of an article is that Volkswagen will use 3D printers to mass-produce certain car parts. Of course, right under the headline is an old video titled, "How VW cheated on emissions tests". So I want to read about the technology, but first, I must be OUTRAGED. :eek: AGAIN. :eek: by OLD. NEWS. :eek: .

This is not to excuse what Volkswagen did, but let it go.

What was cnn's thought process in compiling this article? Did they want to report on the technology or did they want to use it to FURTHER. THE. READER'S. OUTRAGE. :eek: ?

https://money.cnn.com/2018/09/11/technology/volkswagen-3d-printing-parts/index.html

:eek:

See the link below.

The headline of an article is that Volkswagen will use 3D printers to mass-produce certain car parts. Of course, right under the headline is an old video titled, "How VW cheated on emissions tests". So I want to read about the technology, but first, I must be OUTRAGED. :eek: AGAIN. :eek: by OLD. NEWS. :eek: .

What was cnn's thought process in compiling this article? Did they want to report on the technology or did they want to use it to FURTHER. THE. READER'S. OUTRAGE. :eek: ?

https://money.cnn.com/2018/09/11/technology/volkswagen-3d-printing-parts/index.html

Pretty sure you know the drill and the angle.

Not that I want to defend CNN, but that video was probably automatically embedded by some algorithm.

Not that I want to defend CNN, but that video was probably automatically embedded by some algorithm.
yep, no human was involved. That just represents headlines that got a lot of clicks before so they are hoping to get some new clicks. They should at least be clearly marked "old news" but they're not. Just about all news sites do this.

Reactions: KnightSlayer
See the link below.

Every news site does this - you click to read a story about some topic, and embedded in the article will be links to other stories about the same, or related, topic. What is worse is the absolute trash articles/ads at the very bottom of legitimate news stories that are noted as 'sponsored content' if you bother to look for it. Stuff like, 'Judge Judy Confirms What We Knew All Along,' or 'Man Hears Noise In Attic, Installs Camera and You Will Not Believe What He Saw.' My guess is more people than normal click those links and believe whatever crap is on the other side.

Reactions: nits74
Every news site does this - you click to read a story about some topic, and embedded in the article will be links to other stories about the same, or related, topic. What is worse is the absolute trash articles/ads at the very bottom of legitimate news stories that are noted as 'sponsored content' if you bother to look for it. Stuff like, 'Judge Judy Confirms What We Knew All Along,' or 'Man Hears Noise In Attic, Installs Camera and You Will Not Believe What He Saw.' My guess is more people than normal click those links and believe whatever crap is on the other side.

Yup. It's everywhere. Well, fortunately there's no trash here.

Reactions: mcgunns
Yup. It's everywhere. Well, fortunately there's no trash here.

This site is web "1.0" and perfect

Who in the entire planet appreciates auto-playing videos? WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THESE BEING EVERYWHERE?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT