ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois power run game

Gitzit

Dec 20, 2014
Did they do something different than they have been doing? Franklin didn't seem ready for all the offensive linemen and didn't adjust, or, just didn't have the personnel to stop it, then the defense got tired. I think the backup QB's took most of practice time, and they decided Clifford could play, so he started the game thinking he could win it without much practice time, plus he is still injured. That's my take on the game. I also think this team was overrated.

Did they do something different than they have been doing? Franklin didn't seem ready for all the offensive linemen and didn't adjust, or, just didn't have the personnel to stop it, then the defense got tired. I think the backup QB's took most of practice time, and they decided Clifford could play, so he started the game thinking he could win it without much practice time, plus he is still injured. That's my take on the game. I also think this team was overrated.
Well for one...they prepared better in their bye week than we did. Let this sink in....against Wisky on Oct 9 they had 94 yards of TOTAL offense! Illinois was ranked 102nd, I believe, in the nation in total defense giving up 450 yards a game, over 200 on the ground. PSU...29 carries for 62 yards.

Reactions: Gitzit
I'm not sure how tired the defense was. They actually played better in OT.

That said, ILL had no passing game. They just loaded up with blockers and ran the ball. PSU knew what was coming and they couldn't stop it.

Reactions: Gitzit
You didn’t see heavy ol by Illinois and think this was different than other ol play against PSU this season? Don’t believe me, go listen to what Bielema said. You didn’t notice them use some zone blocking directed at one area on PSU’s dl?

Reactions: CriticalObserver
All those rushing yards and only 10 points in regulation. Our D stepped up when needed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT