Illegal immigrants are in demand in Texas

PaoliLion

Nov 2, 2003
“We’ve never seen any Americans carrying cement, picking up stone, working from sunup to sundown,” Israel said. “Never.”

Their compensation often falls below minimum wage. They might receive just $90 for a 14-hour workday, or about $6.42 an hour — and that’s when they do get paid. On more than a few occasions, the brothers have gone days, weeks and even months without receiving payment for their grueling labor.

Many undocumented immigrants also find informal work paid in cash under the table, often at rates far below minimum wage, and the employer can pretend they were never hired. Jobs are plentiful, but only in exchange for working long hours for low pay and little recourse against unscrupulous employers who cheat or exploit them.

In Texas, 1.1 million unauthorized immigrant workers made up 8.5 percent of the state’s total labor force, concentrated in industries like agriculture, hospitality and especially construction, where an estimated 25 percent of workers were unauthorized.

• Haha
Reactions: Hotshoe and NJPSU

tIUguy2

May 25, 2016
“We’ve never seen any Americans carrying cement, picking up stone, working from sunup to sundown,” Israel said. “Never.”

Their compensation often falls below minimum wage. They might receive just $90 for a 14-hour workday, or about $6.42 an hour — and that’s when they do get paid. On more than a few occasions, the brothers have gone days, weeks and even months without receiving payment for their grueling labor.

Many undocumented immigrants also find informal work paid in cash under the table, often at rates far below minimum wage, and the employer can pretend they were never hired. Jobs are plentiful, but only in exchange for working long hours for low pay and little recourse against unscrupulous employers who cheat or exploit them.

In Texas, 1.1 million unauthorized immigrant workers made up 8.5 percent of the state’s total labor force, concentrated in industries like agriculture, hospitality and especially construction, where an estimated 25 percent of workers were unauthorized.

Soon DC will have a plethora.

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019

Doesn't justify breaking the law....that's why they are called Illegal aliens. However you spin it it's stoll breaking the law.

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012

You belittle common working folk here on a daily basis. Now you use illegals to as an example of low status hard working people. The very same you mock. So these folks are your heroes now. We know why, so they can serve you. They're beneath you. This is why you're a pathetic fraud.

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
Doesn't justify breaking the law....that's why they are called Illegal aliens. However you spin it it's stoll breaking the law.
He hates these people. He mocks folks based on income and where they live all the time. He's a fraud.

Reactions: psuted and bison13

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001

So slave labor, black markets and cutting entry level jobs is now good? Ok, I’ll remember this post the next time you ask for increasing minimum wage

PaoliLion

Nov 2, 2003
You belittle common working folk here on a daily basis. Now you use illegals to as an example of low status hard working people. The very same you mock. So these folks are your heroes now. We know why, so they can serve you. They're beneath you. This is why you're a pathetic fraud.

I like hard working blue collar types, just not traitors

PaoliLion

Nov 2, 2003
Who is a traitor? Could it be the man in the White House who has ignored his Oath of Office to defend and protect?

What is the purpose of a border? Do we have a border? Yes or no?

You really do have an extreme fear of brown people. However, you need to go bring it up with your party bosses if you don’t like what’s going on. They could make all of the illegal immigrants legal overnight. They need to also stop hiring illegals in if they don’t want them streaming across the border.

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
You really do have an extreme fear of brown people. However, you need to go bring it up with your party bosses if you don’t like what’s going on. They could make all of the illegal immigrants legal overnight. They need to also stop hiring illegals in if they don’t want them streaming across the border.

What does this have to do with skin color? That is just a disgusting jab when you can come up with no basis to support your argument.

And why would we want to make illegals legal overnight? Why should we reward breaking our laws?

And no, this is not about Republican business owners hiring illegals, though that should be prosecuted as well. This is about the Biden Administration telling the world to come here through our southern border because we are not going to turn you back. This is about Biden reversing all things Trump and, for this issue, creating a nightmare for the people that have to deal with all of these migrants. This is about the people who will have to deal with workers who do not speak the language, pay for bilingual schools, and subsidize healthcare costs.

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
When you have nothing, this is the nonsense you say. And no, they could not make all illegals, legal, overnight, without legislation. Most likely, you're nowhere near a brown or a black person. Most of you beta males aren't anywhere near a person of color.

Vic Vaselino

Nov 14, 2009
I'm sitting on the deck of an ocean front condo in Florida right now, watching a half dozen Mexicans tear down the old wooden beach access ramp and haul it away. They are busting their asses. Good luck finding any Americans to do that work.

Reactions: NJPSU

HartfordLlion

Sep 28, 2001

LOL. it would help if ICE started prosecuting business that hire illegals but that is the last thing the Biden Admin is going to do.

PaoliLion

Nov 2, 2003

HartfordLlion

Sep 28, 2001

Funny, even brown Hispanics who are legal residents in the USA hate illegal immigration, are they racists too???

Reactions: dailybuck777

crazyivan77

Dec 7, 2007
Yes, they want the immigration system reformed to given hispanics a path for legal immigration. Dumb shit

Well, it seems theyre starting to trust Republicans to find those solutions, considering the historic swing of Hispanics to Trump in south Texas in 2020.

In Starr County, just upriver from McAllen, Republicans increased their turnout by almost 300 percent between 2016 and 2020. While Hillary Clinton won there by sixty points, Joe Biden barely scraped out a five-point victory. In Webb County, home of Laredo, Trump cut his 2016 margin of defeat by more than half. And in Zapata County, which didn’t even have a local Republican party, Trump became the first GOP presidential candidate to win since Warren G. Harding was on the ballot a century ago.

PaoliLion

Nov 2, 2003
Well, it seems theyre starting to trust Republicans to find those solutions, considering the historic swing of Hispanics to Trump in south Texas in 2020.

In Starr County, just upriver from McAllen, Republicans increased their turnout by almost 300 percent between 2016 and 2020. While Hillary Clinton won there by sixty points, Joe Biden barely scraped out a five-point victory. In Webb County, home of Laredo, Trump cut his 2016 margin of defeat by more than half. And in Zapata County, which didn’t even have a local Republican party, Trump became the first GOP presidential candidate to win since Warren G. Harding was on the ballot a century ago.

If you haven’t heard, there wasn’t actually any shift of hispanics towards the right in 2020, but keep on pumping the misinformation because I really don’t give a shit.

PaoliLion

Nov 2, 2003
We already have a path for legal immigration for Hispanics. Not sure why you can't grasp that.

dude - first off - fvck you. Please tell me that you’re not that ignorant.

Less than 0.3% of hispanics that apply get approved for a green card. THAT’S OF THE PEOPLE THAT APPLY.

Any Republican that pretends like there’s a legal path for immigration for hispanics is brain dead stupid. I mean literally…stupid.

and, If you haven’t figured it out, businesses in Texas love illegal immigrants and no one in the state is going to do a god damn thing to stop them because the realize that i’s a hugely important/valuable supply of labor.

The only people worried about illegal immigrants are snowflake Republicans who play shuffleboard on the weekend.

crazyivan77

Dec 7, 2007
If you haven’t heard, there wasn’t actually any shift of hispanics towards the right in 2020, but keep on pumping the misinformation because I really don’t give a shit.

FBL5eg4XIBUngKf

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018
Less than 0.3% of hispanics that apply get approved for a green card. THAT’S OF THE PEOPLE THAT APPLY.
Cite your source for that ridiculous appearing statistic. If people aren't eligible they won't receive a green card. If people know they aren't eligible they won't apply. Personally, I have seen one Vietnamese person get about 15 members of his family in the United States and get most of them if not all green cards.

I have obtained green cards for both of my Chinese wives. (First, deceased. Second, divorced). In fact, I divorced my second wife while green card hearings were pending and the government didn't even notice it. (A divorce is not legally relevant if the original marriage was valid. On the other hand, one would think the government would ask a few questions but it never did.)

PaoliLion

Nov 2, 2003
Cite your source for that ridiculous appearing statistic. If people aren't eligible they won't receive a green card. If people know they aren't eligible they won't apply. Personally, I have seen one Vietnamese person get about 15 members of his family in the United States and get most of them if not all green cards.

I have obtained green cards for both of my Chinese wives. (First, deceased. Second, divorced). In fact, I divorced my second wife while green card hearings were pending and the government didn't even notice it. (A divorce is not legally relevant if the original marriage was valid. On the other hand, one would think the government would ask a few questions but it never did.)

Here’s one article you can read:

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019

Any Republican that pretends like there’s a legal path for immigration for hispanics is brain dead stupid. I mean literally…stupid.

and, If you haven’t figured it out, businesses in Texas love illegal immigrants and no one in the state is going to do a god damn thing to stop them because the realize that i’s a hugely important/valuable supply of labor.

The only people worried about illegal immigrants are snowflake Republicans who play shuffleboard on the weekend.
And?? You just said there was a legal path for Hispanics......do I need to explain the concept of 0.3 not being 0? If there was not a legal path 0.3 would not be able to immigrate legally. So before you start calling people stupid make sure you can count. We have this place called DC and in this place our elected representatives make these things called laws through a process found within this thing called a constitution. Immigration falls under this umbrella. If you don't agree with the law a process is also given to change it. You don't get to ignore the law. Perhaps I should draw your stupid ass a picture with bright shiny colors to keep your attention.

crazyivan77

Dec 7, 2007
Reactions: Sullivan

HartfordLlion

Sep 28, 2001

The path to citizenship is the same for all races and people. Just because you came across our border illegally or over stayed your VISA doesn't give you any right to citizenship or legal status. Period. The fact that 95% of the illegals who show up at their immigration hearing get deported is how our immigration system should work. If you want to come to our county get in line with all the other people who want to apply.

Yep that is why Texas is build their own wall to fill in the gaps Biden has left when he shut down construction and the people of the State of Texas support building the wall.

Latest posts