ADVERTISEMENT

'If you see something, do something': Mental health resources at Penn State

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
See the link below. From the article:

"UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — Tyler Aiken, social chair for the University Park Undergraduate Association (UPUA), knows how hard it can be to deal with anxiety and adjust to college life.

“Coming into freshman year, I’d dealt with anxiety for a long time, and by sophomore year, I was having a really hard time trying to deal with a lot of things going on in my life,” Aiken said. “I was lucky to have a support network of friends to help me get through that — which makes me want to make sure there’s a support network at the University for everyone.”

That’s why Aiken leads the planning for the UPUA’s annual Mental Health and Wellness Week, which seeks to fight the stigma surrounding mental health and raise awareness of the mental health resources available to the Penn State community. Cultural discourse around mental health is “a fairly new conversation,” Aiken said, but one that’s vital to have — everyone deals with mental health issues, and there’s nothing wrong with talking about it, or seeking help if you’re struggling."

https://news.psu.edu/story/541158/2...ing-do-something-mental-health-resources-penn

If you see something, do something. How many students are walking into the campus health center this morning screaming, "Help me! Our football team sucks!"? :eek:

Last edited:
If you see something, do something. How many students are walking into the campus health center this morning screaming, "Help me! Our football team sucks!"? :eek:[/QUOTE]

Should be quite a few that post on this board for sure! :eek::eek::eek:

ADVERTISEMENT