ADVERTISEMENT

If you have $6.5 million you can buy Matthew Stafford's house in Detroit. Link to pics.

@Ranger Dan

The good news is that we found a new house for you. The bad news is....it's expensive, but the price might be negotiable.

Est. Purchase Price: $6,500.000
Down Payment: 20%
Mortgage Amount:$5,200,000
Loan Term: 30 years
Interest Rate: 3.5%
Insurance Payment: $25,000 annual
Taxes: $45,000 annual
Est. Monthly Payment Breakdown
Principal and Interest
$23,350
Taxes
$3,750
Insurance
$2,083
Total Payment
$29,183/month

The closet is bigger than my living room. It takes two pictures to capture it all, or presumably that's all of it but maybe there's more. I would have thought that a house like this would cost more than $6.5 million but maybe the fact that it's in Detroit is keeping the price down.

https://www.maxbroock.com/home-for-...-Dr-Bloomfield-Hills-MI-48302/2200032890-MIRC
I can get you 1200 acres with 8 homes, one a 10,000 square ft mansion plus a six mil horse barn plus an 18 hole golf course and 6.5 miles of river frontage.......all for a mere $12 million !

@Ranger Dan

The good news is that we found a new house for you. The bad news is....it's expensive, but the price might be negotiable.

Principal and Interest
$23,350
Taxes
$3,750
Insurance
$2,083
Total Payment
$29,183/month
That would be too long of a commute...

Imma thinkin of joining Michigan Militia? What's their salary?
Enough for Stafford's crib?

@Ranger Dan

Principal and Interest
$23,350
Taxes
$3,750
Insurance
$2,083
Total Payment
$29,183/month
Wow, MI property taxes are only 0.7% of the home's value? Mine are 2.4% which if applied to this property would be $156k per year. :(

Wow, MI property taxes are only 0.7% of the home's value? Mine are 2.4% which if applied to this property would be $156k per year. :(
Michigan property taxes were cut maybe 25-30 years ago when a decision was made to have the lottery fund public schools. They are really cheap.
2nd homes however are taxed much higher

Not a bad place. Oakland county is one of the nicest places in the country, from May through September. Winter, not so much, little snow but a lot of wind and bloody cold. When I retire I'll probably rotate between somewhere like that in Michigan or Wisconsin from May to September and Jerome, Arizona from October through April. If not, I would downgrade to somewhere a little cheaper on both ends.

but they have a 4.25% flat State Income Tax.
Honestly I'd rather have an income tax and lower property taxes, but Texas will never approve that. In fact in our last election voters approved to adding verbiage to the state constitution that makes it even harder than it already is to implement a state income tax here.

Reactions: BW Lion
Honestly I'd rather have an income tax and lower property taxes, but Texas will never approve that. In fact in our last election voters approved to adding verbiage to the state constitution that makes it even harder than it already is to implement a state income tax here.
Texas is messed up on how and where they derive their tax revenue base. It appears to be a tax-friendly state on the surface, until you dig deeper.

After meticulous research and some day dreaming I figured out that I could swing it for just under 50 K a month. And with the Michigan winter-bonus!!

Texas is messed up on how and where they derive their tax revenue base. It appears to be a tax-friendly state on the surface, until you dig deeper.
It's not bad if you live in a modestly valued home. The problem in Austin is home values are skyrocketing so the taxes are as well, and if you don't have plans to sell you never profit from the increase in home value but your tax expenses go through the roof anyway. I'd much rather see it tied to income levels.

I have no problem recognizing beauty in other people's houses or appreciating features that other people have in their houses that I don't have. But there isn't one thing about Stafford's house that I find appealing. I would take it if he gave it to me...then I'd sell it.

My wife’s aunt has lived in Grosse Point for 40 years. The buzz is that the Stanfords are selling because they have a few kids under 4 years old and want to get away from the lake.

That’s a heluva negotiation corner to back yourself into.

My wife’s aunt has lived in Grosse Point for 40 years. The buzz is that the Stanfords are selling because they have a few kids under 4 years old and want to get away from the lake.

i thought his wife had cancer - bad. not a Detroit Lions fan but Bloomfield is a nice area. visited Cranbrook up there - very nice.

Do they still celebrate Devils Night? If not I'm not interested.

The buzz is that the Stanfords are selling because they have a few kids under 4 years old and want to get away from the lake.

Stafford himself gave that reason to the press to quell rumors he wanted to leave the Lions. How is that backing oneself into a negotiating corner? Everybody who's selling has a reason why. It matters that potential buyers know the true reason only if it reveals some urgent need to sell quickly. His rookie contract had something like $47 million guaranteed and he makes around $27 million annually under the contract extension he signed in 2017. He's got enough money to buy another very nice property and sit on that one as long as it takes to get the price he wants.

Last edited:
Stafford himself gave that reason to the press to quell rumors he wanted to leave the Lions. How is that backing oneself into a negotiating corner? Everybody who's selling has a reason why. It matters that potential buyers know the true reason only if it reveals some urgent need to sell quickly. His rookie contract had something like $47 million guaranteed and he makes around $27 million annually under the contract extension he signed in 2017. He's got enough money to buy another very nice property and sit on that one as long as it takes to get the price he wants.
Because the whole world knows your wife wants to sell fast and will low ball you. You’re right. He’s filthy rich so it likely doesn’t matter. He can afford that mortgage times six. A $6.5 million mansion in Detroit. What could possibly be difficult?

That would not be anywhere near the place I'd want for $6.5m, but I do like Bloomfield Hills. Joe Muer seafood is particularly fantastic if you're in the area.

Because the whole world knows your wife wants to sell fast and will low ball you. You’re right. He’s filthy rich so it likely doesn’t matter. He can afford that mortgage times six. A $6.5 million mansion in Detroit. What could possibly be difficult?

According to zillow he paid $3.5 million for the house in 2013, so he's got a lot of negotiating room to work with.

Reactions: WestSideLion
When he retires, Stafford will likely have earned more than any other NFL player ever. As a career ~.500 QB.

She wants to move. And sell the property.

Where did you get that she wants to sell fast?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT