ADVERTISEMENT

If you are feeling a bit down or annoyed at the latest nonsense...

bobroars

Jul 24, 2012
Despite the ridiculous jury decision, the continued media hatchet job, Freeh's drunken rant, the legendary tales of MM, etc.etc.

My youngest daughter will submit her acceptance to University Park today, joining her older sister there in the fall semester. My wife and I are alums (I know there is a different thread about that).

We are thrilled, she is absolutely ecstatic when she announced her decision yesterday, tears of joy flowed.

Nobody can take away our PSU pride, no matter how hard they try.

We are!!!

My HS junior son elects not to consider Penn State (solely on out-of-state/$ value reasons) and I'm surprised how I am not really disappointed.

When he was born I dreamed about what lie in front of us, even about the prospect of someday driving him 220mi south to State College and unloading the gleaming flying minivan (three-lanes-wide)... my how things change.

Despite the ridiculous jury decision, the continued media hatchet job, Freeh's drunken rant, the legendary tales of MM, etc.etc.

My youngest daughter will submit her acceptance to University Park today, joining her older sister there in the fall semester. My wife and I are alums (I know there is a different thread about that).

We are thrilled, she is absolutely ecstatic when she announced her decision yesterday, tears of joy flowed.

We are!!!

Congratulations to you and your daughter. Penn State is still a great school and a great place. Stay proud.

When some loud braggart tries to put me down
And says his school is great
I tell him right away
"Now what's the matter buddy
Ain't you heard of my school
It's number one in the state"

So be true to your school now
Just like you would to your girl or guy
Be true to your school now
And let your colors fly
Be true to your school

I got a letterman's sweater
With a letter in front
I got for football and track
I'm proud to wear it now
When I cruise around
The other parts of the town
I got a decal in back

And let your colors fly
Be true to your school

On Friday we'll be jacked up on the football game
And I'll be ready to fight
We're gonna smash 'em now
My girl will be working on her pom-poms now
And she'll be yelling tonight

And let your colors fly
Be true to your school

Rah rah rah Be true to your school

Eventually the pissing in the wind by the OAG will land on the OAG..... In the end they will have accomplished nothing. PSU is a great University and despite the few screaming ranting jackasses out there, and a few jealous fans, the rest of the world has stepped back, look at it as what it is and doesn't even read the crap written by the few remaining hyenas.

Reactions: dshumbero
Exactly. I'm jealous my University's entire administration didn't enable a serial pedophile to continue to prey on little boys for decades. Wow. You boys are sick.

Let the healing begin for the football program.. That's all that matters.
I guess having you actually read something to get a little bit educated before you go spewing at the mouth would be too much. Oh well, keep up the fine work of being totally clueless...it fits you.

Reactions: WeR0206
Exactly. I'm jealous my University's entire administration didn't enable a serial pedophile to continue to prey on little boys for decades. Wow. You boys are sick.

Jealousy is not a foundation for reason. Your sham of a Crusade ..... is not being bought into here..... why waste your time?

Last edited:

We are!!!

Congrats to her and to your family!

... PENN STATE

My HS junior son elects not to consider Penn State (solely on out-of-state/$ value reasons) and I'm surprised how I am not really disappointed.

When he was born I dreamed about what lie in front of us, even about the prospect of someday driving him 220mi south to State College and unloading the gleaming flying minivan (three-lanes-wide)... my how things change.
Geez MM, I don't know how you, or anyone out of state, could consider PSU without financial aid assistance.
https://www.google.com/search?q=pen...ance&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

This is, actually, becoming a big problem. Its why a lot of schools take international kids over local kids...revenue.
It's why PSU's international student population has exploded over the past 10 years. I believe we are in the top 10 in the country for total international population.

This is, actually, becoming a big problem. Its why a lot of schools take international kids over local kids...revenue.
A lot of folks I know send their kids to Columbus State for the first two years. Recent changes by the governor/state require all state-supported schools to accept and regard each other's credits equally (it's one reason tOSU switched back to semesters, as the quarter system did not give equivalent credits). You also don't have to pay for two years in the dorms as is now tOSU's new requirement.

I'm in the same boat! My son says he wants to stay within an hour of home ... well that pretty limits it right there. But based on our experience with his two older sisters, their minds can change on dimes notice. He thinks he'll do engineering so I expect UB, RIT/MCC, SU and Binghamton will be on his short list.

We are!!!

Congratulations!!!! That's awesome. She even has an older sister to help get her through that first semester away from home.

I wish one of my kids would have gone to dear old state. My biggest failure as a parent. Started taking them to football games when they were toddlers all the way through high school, but no dice. Both were accepted, including one to the honors college, and they both chose to go to other schools.

Enjoy the next 4 years. As you know they go by fast.

ADVERTISEMENT