ADVERTISEMENT

If we did an All De-commitment team of PSU, who would be on it? Justin Fields,...............

Michigan kicker. he was a cant miss prospect

122ac1adc25abcef93833ad968b2e53c

trying to think of others. Silas Redd, but he didn't do much when he left.
PSU might have won the BiG if Redd Ferra, Brown, Fort, etc hadn't left. Maybe even the

Redd was much better than Belton & Day at RB.
Put Fortt with Mauti & Hodges at LB. Carson also in the mix.
Ficken was clearly not ready as a true freshmen. Ferra = 2 more wins.
Pair Justin Brown with Alen Robinson at WR.

We definitely beat Ohio & Virginia with those guys. PSU was beating Nebraska 20-6 at halftime and 23-20 after 3 quarters. Good chance those guys would have made the difference. So it comes down to the OSU game. I think PSU would have had a grat chance to win that game and go undefeated.

PSU might have won the BiG if Redd Ferra, Brown, Fort, etc hadn't left. Maybe even the

We definitely beat Ohio & Virginia with those guys. PSU was beating Nebraska 20-6 at halftime and 23-20 after 3 quarters. Good chance those guys would have made the difference. So it comes down to the OSU game. I think PSU would have had a grat chance to win that game and go undefeated.
Fortt wasn’t really any good, was he?

Anthony Fera is from Texas. He transferred to University of Texas because his mom was seriously ill and couldn’t travel to see him play for Penn State. He does not deserve to be in the same category as the others.
Did she ever get better ?

Anthony Fera is from Texas. He transferred to University of Texas because his mom was seriously ill and couldn’t travel to see him play for Penn State. He does not deserve to be in the same category as the others.

That was the public reason at least.

Yes he does. That was an excuse.

Can you imagine the outrage if we had gone undefeated? Or even with one loss? The world would have gone crazy.

It would have been incredibly wonderful!

You mean Golden? Leon Williams? He was never committed and went to Miami.

Kai Parnham and Ahmad Brooks

I feel like there was a good chance one or both were PSU commits and then Groh hired away Golden and they went to UVA.

But probably also never committed.

Reactions: BBrown
Kai Parnham and Ahmad Brooks

I feel like there was a good chance one or both were PSU commits and then Groh hired away Golden and they went to UVA.

But probably also never committed.

No. Golden was hired by Groh in 2001. Parham and Brooks were 2002 recruits. Brooks didn't qualify academically and entered UVA with it's 2003 class.

Reactions: LionDeNittany
Maybe that safety that wound up going to Stanford.

you never really remember the recommits but how bout the ones we should have got but didn’t...the Chad Hemne, Brian Cushing, Vidal Hazelton types

trying to think of others. Silas Redd, but he didn't do much when he left.
Can you imagine the outrage if we had gone undefeated? Or even with one loss? The world would have gone crazy.

It would have been incredibly wonderful!

I'm not sure the B1G and the refs would have ever allowed it. They sure didn't at Nebraska.

WR Will Fuller flipped to ND after the sanctions hit.

Wasn't there a kid that went to NC because of the sanctions as well played for the Steelers for a while. Ryan Switzer maybe? He would have made a big difference at WR and punt returner.

Maybe that safety that wound up going to Stanford.

you never really remember the recommits but how bout the ones we should have got but didn’t...the Chad Hemne, Brian Cushing, Vidal Hazelton types

Pryts? Meh.

Henne was a miss. Hazelton had one decent season at USC, then fell off the face of the earth. Cushing wouldn't have found the chemistry regime at PSU to his liking.

Reactions: N&B4PSU and BBrown
Wasn't there a kid that went to NC because of the sanctions as well played for the Steelers for a while. Ryan Switzer maybe? He would have made a big difference at WR and punt returner.
Switzer never announced for us but he was close with Hack and Breneman. He was a big loss. DaeSean was injured and out all of '13; we had Richy Anderson starting in the slot as a true frosh. We really could have used Fuller or Switzer that season(and beyond).

Reactions: N&B4PSU and BBrown
I'm not criticizing him. I'm just saying that team had a lot of talent and if those guys had stayed PSU would have likely finished with 0 or 1 loss.

Obrien lost at least two of those games.

Zwinak was better than Day too. In the virginia game orien gave Day the ball 20 times for 40 yards while zwinak was on the bench. Zwinak finished the season as the leading rusher.

There was also the Hodges punt return.

Obrien lost at least two of those games.

Zwinak was better than Day too. In the virginia game orien gave Day the ball 20 times for 40 yards while zwinak was on the bench. Zwinak finished the season as the leading rusher.

There was also the Hodges punt return.

The Hodges punt return still gives me nightmares.

Reactions: BBrown and mnuccio2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT