ADVERTISEMENT

If there was a tie vote for the Heisman Trophy as well as for the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place votes...

john4psu

Sep 7, 2003
If there was a tie vote for the Heisman Trophy, I would imagine the number of 1st place votes would be the first tie-breaker, the 2nd place votes the second tie-breaker, the 3rd place votes the third tie-breaker. I realize the chances of all three of those being exact for two candidates is extremely small, but what if it was a tie in all three place votes? What then?

If there was a tie vote for the Heisman Trophy, I would imagine the number of 1st place votes would be the first tie-breaker, the 2nd place votes the second tie-breaker, the 3rd place votes the third tie-breaker. I realize the chances of all three of those being exact for two candidates is extremely small, but what if it was a tie in all three place votes? What then?

Extremely small? Not sure even IBM’s Watson could measure the minuscule chances of two players tying with the exact same number of first, second and third place votes.

You do know there were 878 voters?

Holy crap, the chances of such a scenario ever even getting in the ballpark of happening are even less than those of McAndrew appointing me a Moderator!

That's not how I'd imagine it. If two players are so close that they tie in the number of votes, then make them co-winners. There's no reason why there has to be only one winner.

In the remote event of such a tie, Rule 2756, Paragraph 348, Subparagraph D, comes into play, as illustrated below.

tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT