ADVERTISEMENT

If There Was a Cheaters Hall of Fame (Or Shame) for Sports?

Parkland Fan

Jul 25, 2001
You would have to have individual and team members.
So far I have these teams:
Michigan football - this year's nominee
Houston Astros
Boston Red Sox
New England Patriots
1951 New York Giants

Individuals:
Harbough
Lance Armstrong
Altuve
Big Ten officials - O'Neill. Witvoet and a few others.

I am sure I missed many.

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
Houston Astros
Boston Red Sox
New England Patriots
1951 New York Giants

Individuals:
Harbough
Lance Armstrong
Altuve

I am sure I missed many.

1972 USSR basketball
Russian Olympic Delegation (doping scandal)
Chinese Women’s Gymnastics (underage)

And the worst of all time:
2021 Penn State Football Injury Faking Scheme

Houston Astros
Boston Red Sox
New England Patriots
1951 New York Giants

Individuals:
Harbough
Lance Armstrong
Altuve

I am sure I missed many.
Barry Bonds has to be on this list.

Any team/conference that has beaten PSU. We do things the right way. Our shite doesn't stink. We are the only program in the country without sin. If someone beats us they have to be cheating.

Barry Bonds has to be on this list.

No. It was NOT against the rules at the time. Second thing is everyone knew and did nothing until records were being broken and then they got upset. You dont rewrite the rules AFTER the games are played.

PS. There is actually documentation that the Cardinals in the 50s were taking PEDs. A book by Cardinal Pitcher Jim Brosnan written in 1959 listed some of the meds being taken by various players on the team. Some of those meds are now on the banned substance list.

No. It was NOT against the rules at the time. Second thing is everyone knew and did nothing until records were being broken and then they got upset. You dont rewrite the rules AFTER the games are played.

PS. There is actually documentation that the Cardinals in the 50s were taking PEDs. A book by Cardinal Pitcher Jim Brosnan written in 1959 listed some of the meds being taken by various players on the team. Some of those meds are now on the banned substance list.
Try again and next check before you openly challenge someone. This Sports Illustrated Archives article should do the trick. Just because they didn't ban until 2003, they expressly prohibited steroids in 1991, and because in 1971 MLB required all baseball to follow State and Federal laws regarding illicit drugs.

Here's the quote: "Though major league players were not tested for anabolic steroids until 2003, the use of steroids for performance enhancement has been implicitly banned by baseball since 1971 and expressly banned since '91."

Try again and next check before you openly challenge someone. This Sports Illustrated Archives article should do the trick. Just because they didn't ban until 2003, they expressly prohibited steroids in 1991, and because in 1971 MLB required all baseball to follow State and Federal laws regarding illicit drugs.

Here's the quote: "Though major league players were not tested for anabolic steroids until 2003, the use of steroids for performance enhancement has been implicitly banned by baseball since 1971 and expressly banned since '91."

Plenty of PEDs that are legal drugs. Expressly prohibited goes out the window when the league does not enforce it for years. Did the league suspend anyone from 90 to 2004? Sosa, McGuire, Clemens or bonds? The league did not care. It was like the sec paying players. Nobody cares.

Plenty of PEDs that are legal drugs. Expressly prohibited goes out the window when the league does not enforce it for years. Did the league suspend anyone from 90 to 2004? Sosa, McGuire, Clemens or bonds? The league did not care. It was like the sec paying players. Nobody cares.
Just stop, and read the article and the other 10,000 articles with a simple google "did barry bonds cheat".

Houston Astros
Boston Red Sox
New England Patriots
1951 New York Giants

Individuals:
Harbough
Lance Armstrong
Altuve

I am sure I missed many.
Armstrong is really a curious one. In the court of public opinion, “everyone else is doing it” doesn’t fly. But the reality was, the field was level with rampant doping. They couldn’t even award the yellow jersey to the next placers for their own implications. So while he was cheating per rule; he didn’t cheat the other competitors. He was just better and oddly didn’t produce much lactic acid in his quads.
That he was a DB and shit on some others ……that made it absolutely less tolerable.

George Brett Pine Tar (???)

My Old Man was a 6 '5 235 Lb ex Marine who was tough as nails.

During the 1980 World Series when our Phillies were playing KC Brett was suffering from some sort of hemorrhoid illness that my dad had experienced. He wrote Brett a note following the Series telling him how impressed he was that George could even play given his condition.

During the offseason Brett replied and included a KC sticker and autographed picture which hangs in my classroom today.

This whole thing was bizarre. at the time I liked the Yankees, but today I can see both sides.

How do you think those old boosters from SMU in the 80's feel now? They started NIL way back then and got the death penalty but do it today and they would be in the top 10
Rules and Laws get changed all the time but until they do change there are consequences for breaking them.

Houston Astros
Boston Red Sox
New England Patriots
1951 New York Giants

Individuals:
Harbough
Lance Armstrong
Altuve

I am sure I missed many.
We have a new nominee.

An ultramarathon runner has been banned for 12 months after using a car during part of a 50-mile race, UK Athletics (UKA) announced.

Joasia Zakrzewski was competing in the GB Ultras Manchester to Liverpool race in northwest England on April 7 when she accepted a ride in a friend’s car and ended up placing third.

In a letter submitted to UKA’s independent disciplinary panel, the Scottish athlete said: “I accept my actions on the day that I did travel in a car and then later completed the run, crossing the finish line and inappropriately receiving a medal and trophy, which I did not return immediately as I should have done.”

When it comes to the cheater hall of fame, this guy should have his own wing. Luis Resto.

Using illegal wraps (soaked in plaster) and altered gloves with the padding removed he beat a fighter into permanent vision loss, and arguably an early grave.

Reactions: Parkland Fan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT