ADVERTISEMENT

If OSU and UM join the SEC I believe the Big10 and PAC10 should merge.

dcf4psu

Nov 7, 2003
State College
Ideally both conferences would need to get to 10 teams each to make a 20 team conference. For the Big10 I would ask ND one more time if they want to join. If they do then the Big10 could drop: Nebraska, Maryland and Rutgers. Not sure who the Pac10 would lose to get to 10.

Ideally both conferences would need to get to 10 teams each to make a 20 team conference. For the Big10 I would ask ND one more time if they want to join. If they do then the Big10 could drop: Nebraska, Maryland and Rutgers. Not sure who the Pac10 would lose to get to 10.

Is that how it works? You just drop some schools and append half the country? Sounds easy

Lyrically speaking, if the wolverines were to join the SEC, would they change the verbiage in their theme song to. " champions of the southeast?"

Is that how it works? You just drop some schools and append half the country? Sounds easy

Kind of. The Pac-12 invites whichever teams from the Big Ten it wants and the remainder are left to fend for themselves.

F' it. Let's just bail on the BIG and join the SEC. All the high end talent in our recruiting area, with eyes on the SEC, can just mosey on over to Penn State.

Reactions: psu00
Can't see dOSU and UM leaving for the SEC.

UT and OU makes sense as they fit geographically and culture-wise.

dOSU and UM would be outliers geographic-wise with no natural rivalries but each other.

UT playing TAMU, Bama, LSU, Auburn, Ole Miss, etc. is a natural fit.

What can see is the B1G biding its time and making a big play for the cream of the ACC (maybe adding as many as 8 teams).

But Fox will have to be on board with paying $$ for the new super conference.

Kind of. The Pac-12 invites whichever teams from the Big Ten it wants and the remainder are left to fend for themselves.

Yeah that makes sense and will be a total breeze. I'm sure the B1G powers-that-be will just cede all power to L.A. and everyone will be totally fine with it.

Why would the SEC even want Michigan, who haven’t won anything since they filmed Ben Hurr?

oh-high-ya must have said they wouldn’t come unless they could continue to beat up on them every year......
😳

Reactions: bison13
Yeah that makes sense and will be a total breeze. I'm sure the B1G powers-that-be will just cede all power to L.A. and everyone will be totally fine with it.

I wouldn't expect them to. And since, under the scenario, there are no remaining Big Ten powers, who cares?

I wouldn't expect them to. And since, under the scenario, there are no remaining Big Ten powers, who cares?

There's a bit of a hole in your logic. The fact that there would be no remaining B1G powers is why the idea is a total non-starter in the first place. The conversations would never go anywhere

I get dropping Rutgers and but the next few to be dropped should be Indiana, Illinois, Purdue, Northwestern, etc before we get to Nebraska. ;)

I get dropping Rutgers and but the next few to be dropped should be Indiana, Illinois, Purdue, Northwestern, etc before we get to Nebraska. ;)

None should be dropped, including Rutgers. If we are heading towards 32-team conferences, there are none that the B1G should even consider dropping.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT