ADVERTISEMENT

If not PSU, who would you most like to see succeed?

slushhead

Mar 10, 2014
Whether a historic great, a perennial 2nd tier team that just hasn't pushed through, a new kid on the block (no boy band gifs, please), or a program that has never sniffed the top 10 . . . who would you like to see win a team title in a year PSU can't do it?

Reactions: Dogwelder
Boro, and yeah I know, they are in shambles

Then Iowa, just cuz I always wanna root for PA guys

Last edited:
Say your account was hacked Dog, I like you as a poster, please...
You know in a movie, when the aliens invade, and Bo and Matt Brown and Mark Hall and gang have to save the world, the Iowa meatheads are the exact allies that everyone will want our boys to have! Sic DeSanto on the alien bug creatures! :) #wolverines #apollocreed

Iowa. I’m a fan of seeing the best team win. So if it’s not us it’s clearly them.

Team I would not want to see win..NC State. Don’t like them thinking because they were 13-0 they could truly compete with the B1G teams. I understand it from their perspective and I like their program. But unless you’re wrestling at least 2 of these 3..PSU, IOwa and tOSU please don’t think you’re at the top of the food chain

Lock Haven in the “dream on” category for sure. But otherwise I’m gonna have to say Iowa too. Not because I am a fan, per se. But I think it is good for our sport to have several strong contenders, and rivalries. I’ll never say Ohio State though, because gross.

Last edited:
Iowa. I’m a fan of seeing the best team win. So if it’s not us it’s clearly them.

Its funny seeing Iowa come up multiple times. Can you imagine on HR if anyone said they wanted to see PSU win? ;)

I’m a sports fan and fan of the athlete first. I not only don’t hate Iowa, I generally root for them in other sports.

Having been a PSU fan since I learned to talk (no, not last year), they are just not a big rival for me. Strangely enough, I always kind of liked Iowa when they were winning wrestling championships. It is foreign to me how HR hates us so much they stop thinking straight. For me, I can’t help not liking tOSU, Michigan, Miami, etc, etc. (that is a lifetime of football showing), but I don’t hate, not even close.

One of the things that has really drawn me to wrestling is the quality of people who participate, from coaches to the wrestlers themselves. While there are always exceptions, it seems like most schools you look at have the same story…..hard working, intelligent, mature, solid citizens, people you can be proud of. Wrestling seems to build and even almost require it to be at this level.

For me, though I know they aren’t close, I would love to see any of the service academies win. They take the “wrestling mindset” to the next level in every area of their life.

(also the Haven, where my Dad is from)

Lock Haven in the “dream on” category for sure. but otherwise I’m gonna have to say Iowa too. not because I am a fan, per se. But I think it is good for our sport to have several strong contenders, and rivalries. i’ll never say Ohio State though, because gross.
Well he did say "or a program that has never sniffed the top 10" and LHU certainly beats that minimum qualification. They even beat perennial top ten Rutgers :rolleyes:

My other option was anyone but Iowa so I took the high road.

I'll take a ACC team because I would like to see wrestling prosper at the HS level in most of the ACC states. So, good for NC St. Go UVa and VaTech!

Have to pick Brown, Then Columbia (for a favorite photographer) then Stanford ( son has two in laws who teach there).

As to Boro, I predict top 25 in two/three years. Matt Hill is building the program.

Reactions: jtothemfp

Team I would not want to see win..NC State. Don’t like them thinking because they were 13-0 they could truly compete with the B1G teams. I understand it from their perspective and I like their program. But unless you’re wrestling at least 2 of these 3..PSU, IOwa and tOSU please don’t think you’re at the top of the food chain
Didn't NC State win at Iowa a couple years ago?

PS, by this criterion, can any non-B10 team be at the top of the food chain? Offhand, OKST and Cornell don't meet this.

ADVERTISEMENT