ADVERTISEMENT

If Cortez moves up to 141 who will replace him at 33?

You contradicted yourself on the same page. Really, this is why I keep encouraging you to stop with the "inside information" posts. It's a bad look for you.
LionLaw as was proven to you i do get some info Bro....lol...Hey we will have to hook up and i can let you read a lot....

LionLaw as was proven to you i do get some info Bro....lol...Hey we will have to hook up and i can let you read a lot....
Spyker: as I have said before, I am trying to be nice. Nothing was proven to me; I don't need you to try and prove anything - I just don't think it is a good look for you always posting what you push as inside info - especially when you contradict yourself.

Just trying to help.

Not worried about him at all: If he is our man at 141 we are just fine. If someone else is, we're also just fine.

Agreed. I think Cortez can be very good at either weight. I'm not worried about him. Either way the staff is going to have to figure out 133 or 141.

Reactions: Maddog
Agreed. I think Cortez can be very good at either weight. I'm not worried about him. Either way the staff is going to have to figure out 133 or 141.

33. 33 is the issue.

As great as this staff is, if we go with Tristan or George, they WILL be better, but it's a mountain to climb to get to .500 with a possible outside shot at just making the NCAA tournament.

if nick is healthy, 33 is really a non issue. would it be nice if it were better? sure, but not really a worry in the grand scheme.

For me I hope Nails stays down at 125. The weight is wide open for him to reach his goals, even if Nato comes down. Actually I dont fear Nato coming down at all. I think Nick can and would beat him in the 3rd or OT and because Nick is so-so tough on defense Nato offense is neutralized.

Im not saying he cant win it at 133 but 133 will be a meat grinder again. Gross, (maybe Nato on full feed) Brock, Micic. Those are guys coming down from the 140+ range to 133. Nick isnt 140+ with rocks in his pockets.

Cortez I hope stays down as the team is much stronger. Meredith, Heil, Jack fit his style of scrambling at 141 and he will keep close, but will he win. Ash I think would just push him around.

Meaning I think N Lee does just as good or within a few points of Jared, but Jared at 133 is 10+ points better than any option other than Nails at 133. Which then leaves an opening (not a whole, relax) at 125.

Interesting stuff to head into the FS season.

My thought for next season prior to hearing about Rei Higuch joining the team was this.

125--Nick
133 Cortez
141 Moss
Lee RS
My thought is Moss has been a starter/Back-up for 4 years and Cael will reward him in his SR year..In reality if everyone stays healthy and does not grow out of their weight class..PSU does not need a hammer at 141..and another year in that room for Lee will no doubt turn him into a hammer.

Reactions: jschrantz
There is no verification, actually, that anyone is moving up, right now. Just an instagram account, correct?

I think 133 will be filled with an improved 141lber who will drop down and Lee will RS, cause if Cortez has to wrestle-off against Lee, it won't be pretty.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but who are you assuming would win the wrestle-off?

For me I hope Nails stays down at 125. The weight is wide open for him to reach his goals, even if Nato comes down. Actually I dont fear Nato coming down at all. I think Nick can and would beat him in the 3rd or OT and because Nick is so-so tough on defense Nato offense is neutralized.

Im not saying he cant win it at 133 but 133 will be a meat grinder again. Gross, (maybe Nato on full feed) Brock, Micic. Those are guys coming down from the 140+ range to 133. Nick isnt 140+ with rocks in his pockets.

Cortez I hope stays down as the team is much stronger. Meredith, Heil, Jack fit his style of scrambling at 141 and he will keep close, but will he win. Ash I think would just push him around.

Meaning I think N Lee does just as good or within a few points of Jared, but Jared at 133 is 10+ points better than any option other than Nails at 133. Which then leaves an opening (not a whole, relax) at 125.

Interesting stuff to head into the FS season.
Nick is not going anywhere...He will be at 125 !!!! He said it a couple times in interviews and his parents are very very small...He will be 125 the next 2 years and probably his Sr. year....

I think 133 will be filled with an improved 141lber who will drop down and Lee will RS, cause if Cortez has to wrestle-off against Lee, it won't be pretty.
Cortez needs a lot of work on his feet....

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but who are you assuming would win the wrestle-off?

I'd assume he believes Nick Lee, but won't be pretty? Pump the brakes, Cortez when healthy is s pretty good wrestler and Lee is young yet.

ADVERTISEMENT