ADVERTISEMENT

If Cortez moves up to 141 who will replace him at 33?

Honestly, is Cortez a 141 lber? Saw him at the Keystone Classic and he looked small compared to the guy he lost to (I think it was Forys). I know we say that about a lot of our guys. If it's a move because of Suriano I get that. Whatever is best for the team I suppose.

posters are now deliberately putting misinformation out there to see if spyker will pick it up and claim the info as his own.
I was wanting to do that last night but didn't want to destroy any credibility I do have. 2 or 3 insiders should collude about a crazy rumor and see what lengths Spyker will take it.

I still love how quickly his massively incorrect info about Nick's foot is forgotten.

Reactions: CentexLion
I didn't see his post but that was definitely very far from the truth as you obviously know now
I think it was in the "Penn State is not done" thread. I thought he was talking about adding a Russian to the NLWC and started a thread here. The thread instantly went off on tangents, but then I saw GB put in the Arujau info. I asked about that in the thread here (honestly having no clue) and then Spyker took the rumor over as only he can.

Edit - then GB doubled and tripled down in the long Teasdale thread:

b1095d86dcb6e39e8dab716670d618f6
GuillermoBilletasYesterday, 12:14 PM

wrestlingnerd, on 22 Mar 2017 - 8:11 PM, said:

Highly, highly doubtful either welches like Teasdale. Arujau's brother started off at American and transferred for the education, and his little brother is following suit. It's not just about wrestling for the family.

As for Yianni, Wilile said on Flo Radio yesterday that he spoke to the family very recently and was told Yianni will be starting at Cornell right away without a greyshirt year. Sounds to me like a done decision.

i don't have yianni on the move, but my sources tell me talks are heating up with vougar and cael
------------

And then it turns out the NLWC DID add a stud - just not Russian. Busy night

Last edited:
Reactions: NYWRESTLER94
Nick Lee wrestled at 132 in high school, why can't he do 133 now? He competes in freestyle at 61 kg, i.e. 134 pounds, too.

Are we just ignoring the easiest solution that he can wrestle 133 next year?

Reactions: JoeBatters1
I am hearing good things about Vitali Arujau to PSU...Projected at 133...He is wrestling 132 in the dapper Dan...WOW this young man is AWESOME too...Take him in a heart beat over RBY....Explains Cortez to 141....WOW this would be outstanding !!!! I would take him in a second before RBY....

Well, which is it -- a heart beat or a second? Or does your heart beat exactly 60 times per minute? And are you taking him "over" RBY or "before" RBY? Listen, take a couple of hours to do the calculations, and then provide us the results.

Well, which is it -- a heart beat or a second? Or does your heart beat exactly 60 times per minute? And are you taking him "over" RBY or "before" RBY? Listen, take a couple of hours to do the calculations, and then provide us the results.
Lol...Awesome lobo....Lmao

Nice of Nick to stay at 125, so that Rei can take over the spot at 133, and national meltdowns can occur.

I was wanting to do that last night but didn't want to destroy any credibility I do have. 2 or 3 insiders should collude about a crazy rumor and see what lengths Spyker will take it.

I still love how quickly his massively incorrect info about Nick's foot is forgotten.

Well, when one spews as much crap and silliness as Spyker does, it kind of all blurs together. :eek:
However, he's not a mean-spirited guy. More like the board jester. :)

What's Cortez got...2 years left? I think he's gonna have his hands full beating out Lee if he's not a 133.

Kinda what I thought also. The timing of the move was also interesting: Days after the Championship award presentation?

Could it be that everyone had a little talk and decided Jered could be our 141 pounder by moving up?

Kinda what I thought also. The timing of the move was also interesting: Days after the Championship award presentation?

Could it be that everyone had a little talk and decided Jered could be our 141 pounder by moving up?

Made the decision right before he had surgery

He still knew that Nick Lee would be eligible in two years, even with the redshirt. Not sure that he would make that decision based on wrestling at the weight for just one year, with two remaining.

At some point he decided 133 was no longer realistic for him.

I'm sure he was aware of his teammates eligibility

Cortez was recruited by Illinois as a 125 and I believe he actually made it once or twice during his redshirt and now he's going 141. Talk about growth

this board has seriously come of age. I remember the days when 3 handles posted and they were the same guy.

PS- Spyker I like my martini shaken not stirred

Mixed bag IMO - I miss those days but there are a lot of good new fans and some regulars who seem to be posting more. Some of the posting however has been despicable, especially in the last year. Probably even worse than the tone is that they're just wrong lol

I'm glad guys like you, Jefe, Roar, et al stuck around and keep contributing, you make this board so much better

Reactions: GOLDBANGER
Mixed bag IMO - I miss those days but there are a lot of good new fans and some regulars who seem to be posting more. Some of the posting however has been despicable, especially in the last year. Probably even worse than the tone is that they're just wrong lol

I'm glad guys like you, Jefe, Roar, et al stuck around and keep contributing, you make this board so much better

Keep on kissin that a$$ and maybe they let you do their laundry and make you a prospect! LMAO.

Flattery will get you everywhere!

If Nick Lee can make 133 for a year it could look something like this?
2017................................ 2018
125- Nick S......................Nick S
133- Nick L......................Law/Carpenter
141 - Cortez....................Cortez (Nick L is RS)
149- Zain (Berge RS)......Berge

141 is going to be pretty loaded next year. Whoever goes 141 is going to have their work cut out for them

I love the idea of Cortez moving up. Adds a bit of excitement and speculation as to how he will adjust. Anyone who attended the home dual meets this year knows that for several of them 133 was the most anticipated match up.

Need to improve at 133. Now, that might mean Nick Lee, or that might mean Dom G., or that might mean an IMPROVED Carpenter or an IMPROVED Law.

But, we need to get better at 133.

If you think 141 is loaded in 2017, just wait until 2018-19, when everyone and their brother moves up to 149, or DOWN to 149, lol.

ADVERTISEMENT