ADVERTISEMENT

If Cortez moves up to 141 who will replace him at 33?

I asked @Tim Owen/BWI staff about lee, cortez, Teasdale and Suriano and he said Siriano is a natural 125. TIFWIW

I believe that. Suriano at 125 makes sense. I could see Cortez moving up to 141 next year, Nick Lee redshirting, and the team having to figure out 133 as the season progresses. Then next year, some combination of Teasdale/Suriano mans 125/133.

So, how about this?

125 Suriano
133 Carpenter
141 Cortez
149 Retherford
157 Nolf
165 Joseph
174 Hall
184 Nickal
197 Cassar
Hwt Nevills

Suriano isn't moving up next year. I'd be aghast. Also Gavin is never seeing 125 in college.

I think it is pretty great that 2017/2018 Penn State looks to be in a position where 125 can be manned by Suriano, Cortez/Lee can battle it out at 141 and 133 can simply be what it is going to be. After that Teasdale mans 133 and we figure out 141 and 149 with a bunch of viable candidates.

Reactions: 22mike306
Suriano will be 125. Cortez will be 133. Nick may start at 141 if he can maintain weight. He has more trouble weighing enough to wrestle 141 than worrying about cutting to get to it. Trust me. I think Moss and others start the year at 141 in duals until they see if Lee can hold the mass/weight to stay at 141 and they decide on pulling the shirt or not. From a good source on this one.

Arujau ain't coming. Don't have the link but he confirmed it, link is over on the mat. And it's a LINK, not one of the haters yapping. So...

133 is....well......it's early, but, right now.......questionable.

Been sort of running this over in my head, and I gotta say, the better decision MIGHT be to move Suriano up. Yes, Nick's first title becomes harder to achieve, but for team purposes...it might be better to be great at 133 and ? at 125, than vice versa.

And I believe by the second or third time Nick sees Nato, he will solve him, like Clark did.

Over on "On The Mats" they mention a rumor about Vitali Arujau, who was thought to be going to Cornell, might be in play.
I am hearing good things about Vitali Arujau to PSU...Projected at 133...He is wrestling 132 in the dapper Dan...WOW this young man is AWESOME too...Take him in a heart beat over RBY....Explains Cortez to 141....WOW this would be outstanding !!!! I would take him in a second before RBY....

I am hearing good things about Vitali Arujau to PSU...Projected at 133...He is wrestling 132 in the dapper Dan...WOW this young man is AWESOME too...Take him in a heart beat over RBY....Explains Cortez to 141....WOW this would be outstanding !!!! I would take him in a second before RBY....
http://www.newyorkwrestlingnews.com/news_article/show/773403?referrer_id=1024271

NYWN: I have to ask, there are some rumors that you're considering Penn State. Is that true?

VA: No. The rumors are all lies actually. I’m totally dedicated to the Cornell team. I could see where people get the idea that recruits want to go to Penn State … it’s a huge accomplishment to have five titles. But with the guys we have coming in, I think we can do the same thing in a few years at Cornell.

Been sort of running this over in my head, and I gotta say, the better decision MIGHT be to move Suriano up. Yes, Nick's first title becomes harder to achieve, but for team purposes...it might be better to be great at 133 and ? at 125, than vice versa.

And I believe by the second or third time Nick sees Nato, he will solve him, like Clark did.
21 Nick is not moving anywhere...We just gotta figure out 133 and 141 !!!!

Looking at it, was sorta counting on Cortez manning the 33 spot, but Cael has the six freaking championships in 7 years, so I've learned not to doubt, lmao.

Still, this means questions. Of course, the greatest staff in the nation has a way of answering questions.

http://www.newyorkwrestlingnews.com/news_article/show/773403?referrer_id=1024271

NYWN: I have to ask, there are some rumors that you're considering Penn State. Is that true?

VA: No. The rumors are all lies actually. I’m totally dedicated to the Cornell team. I could see where people get the idea that recruits want to go to Penn State … it’s a huge accomplishment to have five titles. But with the guys we have coming in, I think we can do the same thing in a few years at Cornell.
Yea it made no sense to me since we got Gavin now.....I will take Gavin Teasdale over him anyway....

Reactions: chalkstream1
Spyker= Cyler
I can't imagine any Sanderson boy being 1/10th as goofy as Spykereeno.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Either way, we got an issue. If Nick stays at 25, we got an issue at 33, if Nick goes up to 33, we got an issue at 25. Again, this is how it APPEARS, at the moment. This staff is 5 steps ahead so nobody knows right now.

Maybe we need a thread pinned to give direction to new comers? Read this and the board will make sense.

kinda like "Walker inside got my shoe"......something like that

Another option would be for Spencer Lee to have a change of heart and enroll in the fall. He could sit next year while rehabbing the leg. In a couple of years, our lower 3 three weight classes could be manned with:

125 S. Lee
133 Suriano
141 Teasdale

Assuming he never enrolled at Iowa, would he burn a year of actual participation or just his redshirt year?

Last edited:

Yea it made no sense to me since we got Gavin now.....I will take Gavin Teasdale over him anyway....

So I just read through this thread and read these 2 posts????? Something is not jiving here...

ADVERTISEMENT