ADVERTISEMENT

If Brian Johnson is done with AC/DC who should be the vocalist?

The thing is it's not AC/DC anymore- it's Angus and whoever he hires to fill the other positions. Their appeal was always that they loved it and stuck to what they were, they aren't that anymore.

While I believe all bands reach a pinnacle where anything after that is not going to be quite as good - I will say I saw the Rolling Stones at the end of last summer in Buffalo and they put on a heck of a show. Hard to believe they have been senior citizens for quite some time now. Lots of energy and Mick sounded great.

Here is King Bon at the top of his game:

Get it Hot and If You Want Blood off Highway to Hell are about the best 1-2 punch in Rock history.
Thanks for that, Chickenman. Bon Scott was a unique talent. WAY better than his Brian Johnson. Love the songs you mentioned, but I still like "It's a Long Way to the Top if You Want to Rock n Roll."

Axl will be pretty good with AC/DC, I have to think. That is, if his broken foot heals up soon.
He was using Dave Grohl's motorized throne, I'm not sure if he still is. As someone who saw Foo Fighters while Grohl was laid up... if the energy is still good they won't miss a beat. That Foo Fighters show was one of the best (the best, the best) I've seen. :)

In all honestly.... I would have respected AC/DC if they would have replaced Johnson with a tribute band lead singer and used him like Judas Priest did when they replaced Halford with Tim Owens.

Axel Rose... give me a break. No one want to hear Rose sing AC/DC songs. They want to hear AC/DC or something that sounds as close (and Rose isn't that).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT