ADVERTISEMENT

If Bell is indeed out Saturday, who should start in his place?

cyrizzle

Jan 10, 2010
looks like it would be between Walker or Bowen. Walker has more experience, knows the system better, and is a team captain, while Bowen is bigger, faster, and has more raw talent. Who should we go with in this game? I say Walker.

looks like it would be between Walker or Bowen. Walker has more experience, knows the system better, and is a team captain, while Bowen is bigger, faster, and has more raw talent. Who should we go with in this game? I say Walker.
I doubt if Bowen is bigger.

In any event....if Bell is out (which would hurt) I would expect they would both get plenty of snaps, especially given that IU typically runs about 80 plays per game with their up-tempo.

Both play until one establishes the position is theirs. Walker gets first shot on experience. Great kid great story, but I would bet on Bowens talent eventually winning out if I had to pick. Bell no matter how much praise he gets is really underrated. Will be very good on Sunday's eventually.

Reactions: kgilbert78
Both play until one establishes the position is theirs. Walker gets first shot on experience. Great kid great story, but I would bet on Bowens talent eventually winning out if I had to pick. Bell no matter how much praise he gets is really underrated. Will be very good on Sunday's eventually.

is Cooper also in the mix?

Walker has experience. Both are smallish players. Walker has already shown to be a liability v sweeps and passes. Bowen has no experience, but appears much faster.

not the best choice to have to make.

I think Bell plays on Saturday. He practiced and on his radio show Franklin said it looks like we'll get some guys (plural) back for Saturday. My guess is Bell, Allen, and Barkley will be back.

They will split time. Indiana is not a smash mouth team, they are going to spread you out and play fast. Speed on D will be the key.

Obviously, the player the coaches feel, based on the players available and their strengths and weaknesses, will give the team the best chance to win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT