ADVERTISEMENT

I was selected to "test drive" Brave's search engine

Delco Lion

Feb 16, 2017
Chadds Ford, PA
Got a link and beta program credentials to help test Brave's new search engine today. Its funny, I posted about Brave this AM, and got an email by coincidence after lunch. I did get on an email list with Brave and filled out some info in March. Brave was founded by the old Morzilla CEO and has zero tracking. This thing is super quick, has the same high quality format functionality, look as Google, and is based on a Chromium engine,. But whats most amazing, is the information that is at your fingertips for viewing versus Google. Its like drinking from a firehose. Guys keep your eyes out for this search engine.

I swear by the Brave browser and I do everything in private mode.

That said, I cannot post pictures to these threads because Brave won't allow that function, so please stop throwing flags!

(Yes, I can switch to Chrome and post pics, but what's the point?)

No coincidence. The Brave folks "saw" your post and immediately determined that you are a McAndrew Board influencer and would be perfect to beta test their search engine. ;)
That was a weird coincidence. I don’t want to be specific on a public forum, but there are several major things I see that Google doesn’t offer. These are pretty significant search capabilities. Of course I plugged in Penn State Football, and everything you would expect to pop up did.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
I just told my wife yesterday that we need to switch to Duck Duck Go (but I’m intrigued by Brave). The time between a search on Chrome and a relevant add being displayed in FB or IG is within minutes on many occasions. The guise of presenting you with relevant content to improve your user experience has gone too far.

The old adage remains. If you don’t pay for the product, you are the product.

Wouldn't you rather test drive a VW ID.4?

This brave browser is fantastic. I didn't know what to make of it before trying it, but it was noticeably faster.

s-l400.jpg

Posting pictures works easy enough.

Reactions: Fac
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT