ADVERTISEMENT

I was about to post this to the deleted thread

82bordeaux

Nov 19, 2019
eriespecialty.com
What I love most about this forum is that regardless of various values, we share a common bond that pulls us all together in such a fun and passionate way. It really has become a bit of a respite from all the other crap that goes on in the world. I look forward to my interaction with all of you pretty much every day.
I think facing the possibility of Cael leaving PSU has brought out the worst in all of us. Well guess what? That day is coming. Maybe tomorrow, maybe in 20 years. My bet is somewhere in between. Whenever that happens, I'll still be passionate about wrestling, and especially Penn State wrestling. We have something special here and it should be recognized and cherished.
If this is how we act towards one another when the day comes that Cael Sanderson is not the coach at PSU, then maybe wrestling was invented in 2010 and we are all a bunch of pretenders. I'd rather not prove all the goons at HR correct. Let's put this shit aside and focus on why we are here. Our love for Penn State wrestling and each other. F#@k that rest of this shit.

I'm glad the thread was deleted.

What I love most about this forum is that regardless of various values, we share a common bond that pulls us all together in such a fun and passionate way. It really has become a bit of a respite from all the other crap that goes on in the world. I look forward to my interaction with all of you pretty much every day.
I think facing the possibility of Cael leaving PSU has brought out the worst in all of us. Well guess what? That day is coming. Maybe tomorrow, maybe in 20 years. My bet is somewhere in between. Whenever that happens, I'll still be passionate about wrestling, and especially Penn State wrestling. We have something special here and it should be recognized and cherished.
If this is how we act towards one another when the day comes that Cael Sanderson is not the coach at PSU, then maybe wrestling was invented in 2010 and we are all a bunch of pretenders. I'd rather not prove all the goons at HR correct. Let's put this shit aside and focus on why we are here. Our love for Penn State wrestling and each other. F#@k that rest of this shit.

Sounds like Page 6 must have been nasty. I only got to Page 5 before the hammer dropped.

And yeah, Cael or no Cael, I’ve been saying for years that we’ll be at one another’s throats as soon as the winning stops. It will take some time for that to settle itself. But I think there are plenty of comrades here who will wait out the riff raff and resume business as usual.

Losing Cael - whenever that happens (hopefully decades from now) - will be a blow. That said, my passion is based on Penn State giving a shit. If they hire the equivalent of a Jerry Dunn/Ed DeChellis, they won’t deserve my time.

Losing Cael - whenever that happens (hopefully decades from now) - will be a blow. That said, my passion is based on Penn State giving a shit. If they hire the equivalent of a Jerry Dunn/Ed DeChellis, they won’t deserve my time.
That's OK for you but not me. I'm a Penn Stater. I went to Penn State. My wife went to Penn State. My sisters went to Penn State. Four of my daughters went to Penn State. My parents went to Penn State. My love of Penn State goes beyond decisions that administrators make. Administrators that are not Penn Staters. So Penn State and their athletic teams, philanthropies, fans, student body, and alumni will always have my support.

That's OK for you but not me. I'm a Penn Stater. I went to Penn State. My wife went to Penn State. My sisters went to Penn State. Four of my daughters went to Penn State. My parents went to Penn State. My love of Penn State goes beyond decisions that administrators make. Administrators that are not Penn Staters. So Penn State and their athletic teams, philanthropies, fans, student body, and alumni will always have my support.

Wow , that’s an amazing family legacy 82!

Wow , that’s an amazing family legacy 82!
giphy.gif

I went to Penn State. My wife went to Penn State. My sisters went to Penn State. Four of my daughters went to Penn State.
Nice. No children, but self, wife, two brothers, a sister, two nephews, one godson, one goddaughter, and two sister-in-laws are all Penn Staters.

I gladly welcomed Cael after he arrived, and I will wish him only the best whenever he leaves, no matter the circumstances.

We are a Penn State family too. My grandfather went to PSU, my father went to PSU, my uncle went to PSU, my sister went to PSU, my cousin went to PSU, I went to PSU. Since I've been living in VA since 1987, my kids did not go to Penn State. They didn't have the same attachment to PSU that we did even though we went up occasionally for football games while they were growing up #WeAre

Sounds like Page 6 must have been nasty. I only got to Page 5 before the hammer dropped.

And yeah, Cael or no Cael, I’ve been saying for years that we’ll be at one another’s throats as soon as the winning stops. It will take some time for that to settle itself. But I think there are plenty of comrades here who will wait out the riff raff and resume business as usual.

It was all @Dogwelder 's fault.

tenor.gif

That's why you have such an epic sense of humor! Four of your daughters? You have 5?... God bless you.

Reactions: 82bordeaux
Growing up in my house I despised anything PSU. I was the only one in house that was a Pitt fan (Dan Marino was my hero back then) so I took a beating from pops and my brothers when PSU would beat Pitt in annual football game. Hell, even my own mother showed no mercy ...they were brutal. Only started getting into PSU during their championship run... because I couldn't stand the Miami Hurricanes. Slowly more and more it was all PSU for me...Pitt made it easier because of the way it seemed like they started running their sports programs like they were competing in a summer softball league. Totally turned PSU fan when I went to a family reunion in State College and a relative there took us kids over to run on the field at Beaver Stadium. He was involved in concessions at the stadium somehow.

Myself and my two younger brothers are alumni and my fandom and love for the school and it's athletic programs transcend who runs the teams. I do however want the best of the best, so I hope the administration makes our hearts rest by supporting the student athletes continuously.

well said.

… I went to Penn State. My wife went to Penn State. My sisters went to Penn State. Four of my daughters went to Penn State. My parents went to Penn State …
… My shrimp-kabobs went to Penn State. My shrimp creole went to Penn State. My shrimp gumbo went to Penn State. My pan-fried, deep-fried, stir-fried went to Penn State …
Nostalgia file: Bordeaux and Stand through the years:
images

If Cael leaves, the program wouldnt be the same, but still, PSU will probably always be a top 5 program here on out. Few have the developed culture, Iowa and maybe Okie St.? Plus, they are in the most talent rich part of the country.

If Cael leaves, the program wouldnt be the same, but still, PSU will probably always be a top 5 program here on out. Few have the developed culture, Iowa and maybe Okie St.? Plus, they are in the most talent rich part of the country.
You could argue that before coach Cael PSU wrestling was one of the most underperforming team in sports. Prior coaches just didn’t get the job done.

You could argue that before coach Cael PSU wrestling was one of the most underperforming team in sports. Prior coaches just didn’t get the job done.
Its actually pretty mind boggling how inconsistent PSU was. Most people that followed the sport realized that both PSU/Pitt were programs that were just one hire away from being a power.... I would really like to see Pitt continue to get better too. A legitimate Pitt - PSU rivalry would be great to see.

Reactions: Lovethissport
I know the PSU bleed blue syndrome. But until they make an effort to be good at basketball, baseball, softball or other sports there are PSU
programs I just can't pay attention to.
It also irritates me that Penn State has 2 golf courses that are at best very mediocre and aesthetically very plain and too often brown.

Reactions: kevin310
I know the PSU bleed blue syndrome. But until they make an effort to be good at basketball, baseball, softball or other sports there are PSU
programs I just can't pay attention to.
It also irritates me that Penn State has 2 golf courses that are at best very mediocre and aesthetically very plain and too often brown.
Especially when you consider the Turf Management program is so highly respected.

ADVERTISEMENT