ADVERTISEMENT

I think the BIG should have a

sammyk

Oct 26, 2001
Thanksgiving rivalry weened, and it should be an out of conference set up. I know I know the conference set up blah blah blah . Who would you like to see the BIG teams play

Sure....set it up when all the students are home for Thanksgiving Weekend. Like turkeys.....that idea is not going to fly.

Reactions: FHSPSU67
Thanksgiving rivalry weened, and it should be an out of conference set up. I know I know the conference set up blah blah blah . Who would you like to see the BIG teams play
How many B10 teams have out of conference rivals?

Nebraska has Oklahoma or Colorado
Penn State has Pitt, WVU, Notre Dame, Syracuse
Michigan has Notre Dame, I bet Oregon would be pretty good as would App State, Syracuse is not that far from Michigan
Maryland has Virginia, WVU, UNC, NC State, Navy
Ohio State has Clemson call it the Woody Hayes bowl
Michigan State has Notre Dame
Rutgers guess has Temple, Syracuse

I am sure you could get Iowa and Iowa State to play then, Illinois to play Mizzou, N'western to play N. Illinois natural rivalry.

Indiana vs Kentucky works
Purdue vs Western Kentucky works

Last edited:
Michigan has Notre Dame, I bet Oregon would be pretty good as would App State, Syracuse is not that far from Michigan

I am sure you could get Iowa and Iowa State to play then, Illinois to play Mizzou, N'western to play N. Illinois natural rivalry.

You do realize other conferences and teams would have to cooperate with their scheduling to make that happen.

Reactions: psu2016

Yup, Clemson is going to travel to Columbus at the end of November every other year.

Reactions: Victor E. Bell
Wait, turkeys can’t fly?
Wait, what?
Craziest_Turkey_Hunt_Ever_Mossy_Oak_blooper.gif

I like the idea. Get some rivalry games going to compete with the shell that's left of the NFL. Not so sure about the BIG TEN thing though.

I recall the B1G and Pac 12 were talking about a series of crossover games a few years back. Surely the 9-game conference schedule killed any chance of that.

I recall the B1G and Pac 12 were talking about a series of crossover games a few years back. Surely the 9-game conference schedule killed any chance of that.

What killed the proposed series were objections from Pac 12 teams that were already (since 2006) playing a nine game conference schedule. Strongest opposition came from the schools that have OOC fixtures, notably US (Notre Dame), Stanford (Notre Dame), and Utah (BYU).

Reactions: NittanyLionFan
Maryanne v. Ginger (Gilligan's Island)
Bailey vs. Jennifer (WKRP)
Velma vs. Daphne (Scooby Doo)
Claire vs. Gloria (Modern Family)

It's a battle of the "really cute" vs. the "hot vixen". Been going on for ages.

What, no Betty vs. Wilma?

Maryland would be my first choice but I’m kool with just keeping Michigan State as last game like we’ve done.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT