ADVERTISEMENT

I think the apocalypse is upon us with this poll

There is always before...that location will most likely be dictated by my daughter.
We are a bit tight before due to my wife's work schedule, but I am planning to get there as fast as possible and grab something to eat. My wife needs to pick up a pair of earrings she saw and ordered from the gallery across from the Tavern Restaurant and they close at 6.
Let us know where you are planning and if you will be the guy in blue and white! LOL

I suddenly have an urge to meet both of you;)

tenor.gif

Michigan- fans I would most want to pour a beer on. I was in Saint John last week, walking the beach with my PSU hat on and got a “We Are!” from a gentleman. He and his wife were visiting from Nebraska and are huge husker fans. However his son is at Penn State working on his PHd in biogenetics (or something like that!) we had a nice time talking PSU, State College and the Big in general. He was adamant that Iowa fans are the worse. I said Rutgers and Maryland may give them a run for worse fans label, but after the game they boo’d our injured guys, I do believe Iowa has earned King of the Dung Pile!
Please tell me about St John. Haven't been there in a while and I am freezing my ass off in Erie.

Reactions: 82bordeaux
Your poor, poor father-in-law. Slaving away in the fields all day, doing an actual service for his country, while his philandering son-in-law combs the internets for young daughters of PSU wrestling fans because roaming the lots proved fruitless.

And we had such high hopes for you.
We have a wide cast of characters on this intranet....but I don't know if there is a poster that steps on a rake like @wildwolf.....

Your poor, poor father-in-law. Slaving away in the fields all day, doing an actual service for his country, while his philandering son-in-law combs the internets for young daughters of PSU wrestling fans because roaming the lots proved fruitless.

And we had such high hopes for you.
Philandering? Lmao. Calm your titties spermhead.

He is not in the fields btw. It's January so he is in Arizona counting his cash and polishing his golf game. He just sent me a picture to rub it in a little. What a guy!

I'm game for anyone on this forum that I haven't already met. Of course, I'm game to continue meeting the folks I already know (bunches). Basically - as long as Mrs. Roar's ok with it - any time, any place, with anyone that wants to talk wrestling.

Btw, anyone going to Lincoln for B1G's? ItalianLion and I will be there, and would be happy to meet fellow forum folk.

P.S. nerf's near the top for me, of those I haven't met. We've been in the same (small) room together several times, and didn't connect.
Got a decent group going.
Really hoping Lincoln is better than Omaha was. We always have a good time, but none of my group was impressed with Omaha.

I'm game for anyone on this forum that I haven't already met. Of course, I'm game to continue meeting the folks I already know (bunches). Basically - as long as Mrs. Roar's ok with it - any time, any place, with anyone that wants to talk wrestling.

Btw, anyone going to Lincoln for B1G's? ItalianLion and I will be there, and would be happy to meet fellow forum folk.

P.S. nerf's near the top for me, of those I haven't met. We've been in the same (small) room together several times, and didn't connect.
It’ll happen Roar! I may seek out some of you all out after the Buckeyes. Local Whiskey sounds good.

Please tell me about St John. Haven't been there in a while and I am freezing my ass off in Erie.
We are in St Croix right now and couple staying next to us is from Hershey. Went to St John twice last year; it is beautiful. St John Brewers has a Juicy Booty 2x IPA that is great.
St croix much more laid back. Leatherback Brewing‘s Reef IPA is a really smooth drinking one.
It’s 84 high and 74 low every day, and with good WiFi and subscriptions, you can still watch a lot of wrestling. ;-).

I hate to rub it in but I loved it! We stayed out toward the east end, away from the main town. We woke up to roosters and donkeys, hiked, snorkeled, and grilled out most evenings. Back home in icy Maryland now though ☹️

Reactions: d-1980 and SRATH
We are a bit tight before due to my wife's work schedule, but I am planning to get there as fast as possible and grab something to eat. My wife needs to pick up a pair of earrings she saw and ordered from the gallery across from the Tavern Restaurant and they close at 6.
Let us know where you are planning and if you will be the guy in blue and white! LOL
Is desanto running from the police

It works better if you assume the Ohio State position. Best second place team ever. If you guys have a really good tournament maybe you can debate whether you prefer "first loser" or claim "best second place team".
I thought that was you guys last year.

Is this one of those deals like when Spyker was supposed to meet me in Stillwater, but couldn't because he had to teleport home to be at the hockey game?

y'all know that any time I see you, I will buy a beer, right? Assuming we are at a place that sells beer-or are sitting on my deck where beer is cheap.

While not a B1G school in Football and they have no wrestling team,
Notre Dame.
Most insufferable fan base.
They can be a pain in the ass, too many never went to Notre Dame or anywhere else for that matter and find it necessary to compensate by raising their need to tell you they are Notre Dame proud.

Reactions: dbldoofus
While not a B1G school in Football and they have no wrestling team,
Notre Dame.
Most insufferable fan base.
I work with a few ND alums and they're pretty well grounded. But they might be exceptions. My cousins attending ND say their classmates are a lot more Brian Kelly than James Franklin.

That said, ND fans have nothing on SEC fans. I have some friends who attended LSU, and I don't talk to any of them in the fall (spring baseball season isn't much better).

Reactions: nitlion6
Because 50% of their fan base dropped out of school in 11th grade. Got a job. Then spent their first paycheck on a Notre Dame leather jacket and a leprechaun tattoo.
I've probably told this before but here goes anyway ...

5 of us went to the 1994 Rose Bowl. We couldn't get into the Alumni Association bar to watch Nebraska vs Miami, so we found a hole in the wall a block away in Old Pasadena. Definitely a local hangout, was like the Skeller except crummy.

Some local started chatting with us before halftime. We told him we're Penn Staters in town for the game and he said "I respect Penn State but I LOOOOOOVE Notre Dame." From that point on, he would not shut up about ND.

When Nebraska finally took the lead and Miami was gassing hard, my brother told us "we have to go now, before I shove a barstool up that guy's ass."

Reactions: Ski and nerfstate
And speaking of that Rose Bowl ... end of the game, the Oregon section chanted: You're #2.

F- Oregon and the horse they ride in on.

Reactions: KCLion
I've probably told this before but here goes anyway ...

5 of us went to the 1994 Rose Bowl. We couldn't get into the Alumni Association bar to watch Nebraska vs Miami, so we found a hole in the wall a block away in Old Pasadena. Definitely a local hangout, was like the Skeller except crummy.

Some local started chatting with us before halftime. We told him we're Penn Staters in town for the game and he said "I respect Penn State but I LOOOOOOVE Notre Dame." From that point on, he would not shut up about ND.
eofre
When Nebraska finally took the lead and Miami was gassing hard, my brother told us "we have to go now, before I shove a barstool up that guy's ass."
I don't know how long ago it was when ND was in the CFB championship game... 2012?
ND was over-rated weak-schedule #1 in the nation... anyway, I was in AZ with my son on a birdwatching trip. We went to Karsen's in Scottsdale for dinner. I had a great baloney and cheese sandwich and enjoyed watching ND get beat down by 'Bama.

There were a few over-confident/cocky "Irish" in the bar.... my schadenfreude was on full display! My son and I didn't root for 'Bama, we rooted against ND.

Anyway, I am sure title games like this were a big reason football moved to playoffs. ND was undefeated with a weak schedule and they were overrated. Another team deserved to play 'Bama and were screwed by biased human ranking.

We are in St Croix right now and couple staying next to us is from Hershey. Went to St John twice last year; it is beautiful. St John Brewers has a Juicy Booty 2x IPA that is great.
St croix much more laid back. Leatherback Brewing‘s Reef IPA is a really smooth drinking one.
It’s 84 high and 74 low every day, and with good WiFi and subscriptions, you can still watch a lot of wrestling. ;-).
Never been to St Croix, sounds wonderful, not sure why we never made it there, but we will

Reactions: d-1980
I found the rankings for "Fans you would most want to have a glass of wine with":

Harvard
Cornell
Columbia
Princeton
U Penn
Brown
Stanford
*No other schools received a vote

I'm still looking for the lists that pertain to Ganja, Ecstasy, and Tide Pods

I am shocked that Pitt didn't make that list. They are at the top of the "Fans you would want to visit a museum with on a Saturday during football season" though.

ADVERTISEMENT