ADVERTISEMENT

I think the apocalypse is upon us with this poll

Michigan- fans I would most want to pour a beer on. I was in Saint John last week, walking the beach with my PSU hat on and got a “We Are!” from a gentleman. He and his wife were visiting from Nebraska and are huge husker fans. However his son is at Penn State working on his PHd in biogenetics (or something like that!) we had a nice time talking PSU, State College and the Big in general. He was adamant that Iowa fans are the worse. I said Rutgers and Maryland may give them a run for worse fans label, but after the game they boo’d our injured guys, I do believe Iowa has earned King of the Dung Pile!

Last edited:
I've been to;
- scUM
- PU
- tO$U
- RU
- maryland
- MSU
- Wisky

RU had the worst fans. scUM the most underwhelming fans. tO$U the hardest hitters. PU the most fun coeds. Wisky nicest fan interaction at the bars. MSU good trip just a blah town. UoM crazy times when I was an undergrad, boring as an adult.

We should start our own “posters you would most want to get a beer with“ ranking.
First round is on me. Let the voting begin!
giphy.gif

And Rutgers just misses the top 10.

Go figure…
I had a long enjoyable talk with a bunch of Iowa fans in Iowa City when the BIGs were there. That had been up all night drinking beer to ease their depression because their team did not wrestle like Penn State did. They were quite pleasant and very complimentary about our team so I rank Iowa first. :eek:

Who wouldn't want to go to a bar with someone wearing a cheese hat? Wisconsin way too low on that list.

Reactions: Hotshoe
I found the rankings for "Fans you would most want to have a glass of wine with":

Harvard
Cornell
Columbia
Princeton
U Penn
Brown
Stanford
*No other schools received a vote

I'm still looking for the lists that pertain to Ganja, Ecstasy, and Tide Pods

I found the rankings for "Fans you would most want to have a glass of wine with":

Harvard
Cornell
Columbia
Princeton
U Penn
Brown
Stanford

Someone do a list on won't have a drink with even if they're buying.

Reactions: danoftw
Michigan- fans I would most want to pour a beer on. I was in Saint John last week, walking the beach with my PSU hat on and got a “We Are!” from a gentleman. He and his wife were visiting from Nebraska and are huge husker fans. However his son is at Penn State working on his PHd in biogenetics (or something like that!) we had a nice time talking PSU, State College and the Big in general. He was adamant that Iowa fans are the worse. I said Rutgers and Maryland may give them a run for worse fans label, but after the game they boo’d our injured guys, I do believe Iowa has earned King of the Dung Pile!
I have never lived in Iowa but my extended family is from a small town (Morning Sun, 500 people). I have to say the people I met there are some of the nicest people you can find. I have heard good stories from others in other parts of the state. I can’t reconcile this with the Iowa fan reputation. maybe it is big city Iowa vs small town or something.

I guess an Iowa recruit’s dad (from Iowa) once told me “Tom Brands is just mean.” Maybe the fans pick up on that energy.

• Love
Reactions: Ski
I have never lived in Iowa but my extended family is from a small town (Morning Sun, 500 people). I have to say the people I met there are some of the nicest people you can find. I have heard good stories from others in other parts of the state. I can’t reconcile this with the Iowa fan reputation. maybe it is big city Iowa vs small town or something.

I guess an Iowa recruit’s dad (from Iowa) once told me “Tom Brands is just mean.” Maybe the fans pick up on that energy.

Harvard
Cornell
Columbia
Princeton
U Penn
Brown
Stanford

Have fun, as long as you keep them off of this board after 1 AM.

I'm game for anyone on this forum that I haven't already met. Of course, I'm game to continue meeting the folks I already know (bunches). Basically - as long as Mrs. Roar's ok with it - any time, any place, with anyone that wants to talk wrestling.

Btw, anyone going to Lincoln for B1G's? ItalianLion and I will be there, and would be happy to meet fellow forum folk.

P.S. nerf's near the top for me, of those I haven't met. We've been in the same (small) room together several times, and didn't connect.

Last edited:
I have already had the pleasure of Roar (if the table beside us counts) as well as PAWrestlerintn and Mrs PAW. Also HLStone is a great guy to hang out with.
It would be cool to meet anyone else and talk wrestling.
I would like to meet 82 after tOSU, it just depends how quickly my crew wants to get back on the road.

I have already had the pleasure of Roar (if the table beside us counts) as well as PAWrestlerintn and Mrs PAW. Also HLStone is a great guy to hang out with.
It would be cool to meet anyone else and talk wrestling.
I would like to meet 82 after tOSU, it just depends how quickly my crew wants to get back on the road.
There is always before...that location will most likely be dictated by my daughter.

Reactions: hlstone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT