ADVERTISEMENT

I tested positive, has anyone else and what were your symptoms?

bcs4-phone.gif

Pretty much everyone I know who got the Moderna has felt like shit after the 2nd shot for a day. Haven’t heard much bad about Pfizer
I received the second Pfizer shot on Tuesday, as have several others I know. Every one of us experienced nothing besides soreness around the shot location for 24 hours. Then for the next 24 hours got occasional, very low grade flu-like symptoms. Nothing really bad. Just a general fatigue. Then it went away.

I would point out to the OP that if he received the Pfizer vaccine, then he needs to get his second shot within 16-21 days of the first to be effective and not 28 days. You need to check on that. Full immunity only comes 7-10 days after the second shot so don't let your guard down too soon.

See page 24 for prophylaxis treatment and early intervention treatment:

Review of the Emerging Evidence Supporting the Use of Ivermectin in the Prophylaxis and Treatment of COVID-19 - updated Jan 12, 2021 (covid19criticalcare.com)

My 77 year old father used both, his bout with covid did not require medical intervention at all. He did not feel good for several weeks. My mother did not get Covid and she has been using the prophylaxis protocol.

Too many people who test positive and not given any medical guidance with the exception of if you have difficulty breathing to go to the hospital.

I received the second Pfizer shot on Tuesday, as have several others I know. Every one of us experienced nothing besides soreness around the shot location for 24 hours. Then for the next 24 hours got occasional, very low grade flu-like symptoms. Nothing really bad. Just a general fatigue. Then it went away.

I would point out to the OP that if he received the Pfizer vaccine, then he needs to get his second shot within 16-21 days of the first to be effective and not 28 days. You need to check on that. Full immunity only comes 7-10 days after the second shot so don't let your guard down too soon.
My wife got her second round of Pfizer on Thursday and had pretty much this exact reaction as well.

Reactions: therod
I suspect I was positive a week prior to me being tested. I had a dull headache for a few days. I never get headaches. One being the weakest and ten the harshest, I was a one. I was extremely tired and noticed everything I ate tasted the same, bland. I put this to a test by sampling three kinds of cheese. White american , swiss, and a very sharp. All tasted the same. I never had a temperature but felt like I had a mild cold. When the doctor called the day after the test with a definite positive result, he put me on a high regiment of vitamin C500mg, D500mg, and Zink220mg. He said to quarantine myself for 10 days. He also mentioned that if my symptoms changed even a little bit to the worse, not to full around get to an ER room asap. He said this disease could change on a dime. I might add that I'm a few months shy of the big 7 0. I still work part time and suspect that is how I contacted the covid. Essential employee.

Having survived the 10 days, I called my doctor again to see if I needed another test to see if I was clear. I was surprised to learn that I didn't. I guess if you survive the ten days your cured. He warned me to not believe what I heard in regard to the antibodies stored in my body. He said they begin to weaken almost immediately. He thought they could be negligible within thirty to sixty days. He recommended getting vaccinated as soon as I could. He also said that if I got hit a second time it would not be good, that I could count on it being more severe the next time around. I received my first shot a couple weeks ago and the next one scheduled twenty-eight days after. I feel fine now and resumed my part time job. I had some very minor side effects after the shot and was wondering if anyone who had the second shot what their side effects were. By the way, my wife was also positive and does not work (I'm guilty). She was put on the same dosage of vitamins as I was. The doctor said to maintain the vitamins until a week or so after the second shot. I thought I would pass this info. on for anyone who was interested and see if others wanted to share their story.
It’s great you feel better

Reactions: therod and PASLP2
Just to touch base on this subject. On April 2nd Good Friday, I got first Moderna shot. My 25 year daughter who is Penn State law student , is doing virtual classroom, lives in Parents Dorm😉. She gets feeling crappy on Easter Sunday , gets tested Monday and is confirmed positive that Wednesday. I get feeling sluggish and start with low grade fever that Wednesday and test positive that Friday. I felt bad for about 6 days and by the following Saturday did rapid test showing I was now negative. My daughter was not as fortunate, she ended up in hospital for 5 days with blood clots starting to form in lungs. They had give her blood thinners and put her on oxygen. She is finally now starting to feel better.
A confusing side note that is still being looked at. My daughter had a wedding last week to be part of and twice did the rapid antibodies test and was negative. Just to see if heredity could play into those results I tested last week for antibodies and was negative. The pharmacist could not believe it ,being I had shot and Covid. My doctor told me to get 2nd shot which I did Thursday. He is going to do different antibody test in a couple of weeks.
My wife tested positive for antibodies and had no symptoms.
I truly think there are some variables on Covid and the vaccine program that is still a work in process.

Just to touch base on this subject. On April 2nd Good Friday, I got first Moderna shot. My 25 year daughter who is Penn State law student , is doing virtual classroom, lives in Parents Dorm😉. She gets feeling crappy on Easter Sunday , gets tested Monday and is confirmed positive that Wednesday. I get feeling sluggish and start with low grade fever that Wednesday and test positive that Friday. I felt bad for about 6 days and by the following Saturday did rapid test showing I was now negative. My daughter was not as fortunate, she ended up in hospital for 5 days with blood clots starting to form in lungs. They had give her blood thinners and put her on oxygen. She is finally now starting to feel better.
A confusing side note that is still being looked at. My daughter had a wedding last week to be part of and twice did the rapid antibodies test and was negative. Just to see if heredity could play into those results I tested last week for antibodies and was negative. The pharmacist could not believe it ,being I had shot and Covid. My doctor told me to get 2nd shot which I did Thursday. He is going to do different antibody test in a couple of weeks.
I truly think there are some variables on Covid and the vaccine program that is still a work in process.
Wow! So glad your daughter is better now. Thank you for sharing.

I had second on 3/13 (Moderna). I am a Cystic Fibrosis patient, 6.5 years post double lung transplant, diabetic and kidney transplant wait list. Part of a Johns Hopkins study on the vaccines in solid organ transplant patients and have yet to produce antibodies either.

Wow, that's surreal! I'm glad to hear your daughter is recovering. Blood clots are no joke.

I had second on 3/13 (Moderna). I am a Cystic Fibrosis patient, 6.5 years post double lung transplant, diabetic and kidney transplant wait list. Part of a Johns Hopkins study on the vaccines in solid organ transplant patients and have yet to produce antibodies either.
All the best to you KC Lion. My girlfriend’s 14 year old son has CF. Just got his first shot of Pfizer since they are now allowing 12 to 15 year olds. He did really well on Orkambi and now is on trikafta. How hope and pray you get that kidney transplant. Take care!!!

You may be among those who the vaccine does not work as intended.Is it possible to try a different one?

All the best to you KC Lion. My girlfriend’s 14 year old son has CF. Just got his first shot of Pfizer since they are now allowing 12 to 15 year olds. He did really well on Orkambi and now is on trikafta. How hope and pray you get that kidney transplant. Take care!!!
Yes all the best

Reactions: therod and KCLion
Thank you for the kind words and best wishes to the young lad. My kidney function has stabilized in the last couple of years and so far I have avoided dialysis.

My recommendation to the families of children with CF is to encourage them to be active every day. I am so indebted to my folks for allowing me to be involved in any activity that I chose to do. I was diagnosed in the mid 60s at 6 or 7 years of age when the expected lifespan of CF kids was about 10 years old and in fact my folks were told that it was unlikely that I would see my teens.

I am currently 60+ and have been able to live a full life, wrestling from the time I was diagnosed thru HS and (as you may have read from Bordeaux), IMs at PSU. Played LL, Jr Legion, Legion Baseball all summer and Varsity football in the fall then the Tennis team in spring. Went to PSU on Naval ROTC scholarship and was part of PSU cheerleading team also with Bordeaux82.

This is not to pat myself on the back, but rather to suggest that continuous activity keeps that mucous moving and the lungs as clear as possible.

I was never able to experience some of the new meds including Orkambi and Trikafta, but I hear they are amazing. Again - best wishes to you and your GF and her son.

Thank you for the kind words and best wishes to the young lad. My kidney function has stabilized in the last couple of years and so far I have avoided dialysis.

My recommendation to the families of children with CF is to encourage them to be active every day. I am so indebted to my folks for allowing me to be involved in any activity that I chose to do. I was diagnosed in the mid 60s at 6 or 7 years of age when the expected lifespan of CF kids was about 10 years old and in fact my folks were told that it was unlikely that I would see my teens.

I am currently 60+ and have been able to live a full life, wrestling from the time I was diagnosed thru HS and (as you may have read from Bordeaux), IMs at PSU. Played LL, Jr Legion, Legion Baseball all summer and Varsity football in the fall then the Tennis team in spring. Went to PSU on Naval ROTC scholarship and was part of PSU cheerleading team also with Bordeaux82.

This is not to pat myself on the back, but rather to suggest that continuous activity keeps that mucous moving and the lungs as clear as possible.

I was never able to experience some of the new meds including Orkambi and Trikafta, but I hear they are amazing. Again - best wishes to you and your GF and her son.
My 10 year old daughter was diagnosed with cf at 4 weeks. She has not experienced or needed any of the new meds (yet), but me being an ex wrestler I have had her on a workout regime since she could walk. My mind set was /is working lungs are clean lungs(and a lot of surface cleaning and some isolation and extra cpt) All of her Doctors can't believe how physically fit and well she has been doing. I just tell them that's what we do!! Seriously, it's such a small community I'm grateful for you sharing it gives hope and I wish you the best going forward.

Thank you for sharing your story. You are a true inspiration. Don’t know if you attend PSU football games, but we’d love to meet you if you do sometime. Totally up to you. Be well my friend.

Reactions: KCLion
Thank you for sharing your story. You are a true inspiration. Don’t know if you attend PSU football games, but we’d love to meet you if you do sometime. Totally up to you. Be well my friend.
I usually make at least one home game per year. I’m fortunate to have some relatively easy away games as well.

The rapid antigen, which is the 15 min nasal swab test for active infection, is different than the antibody test, which tests for lasting immunity through antibodies from either the shot or previous infection. It is possible that your daughter had the rapid antigen test and tested negative after having the infection.

Obviously, I hope you are all well going forward.

Some credence to the RNA based vaccines not working on people taking immunosuppressives.
I have a friend on the same/similar JH study. Kidney transplant. He is hoping the J&J vaccine will work him. And hopefully for you too @KCLion
Just watched a Hopkins presentation and their initial results from J&J vaccinated patients thus far are looking to be even less successful than the Pfizer/Moderna results. Give him my best wishes and tell him to stay safe.

Reactions: dbldoofus
Some credence to the RNA based vaccines not working on people taking immunosuppressives.
I have a friend on the same/similar JH study. Kidney transplant. He is hoping the J&J vaccine will work him. And hopefully for you too @KCLion
My cousin's husband is in the same boat. He is on immunosuppressants after getting a kidney transplant. He took both doses of the Moderna vax but is still seronegative. I don't think he's too optimistic that the JnJ vax will work, either, but it's certainly worth a shot (no pun intended...).

My cousin's husband is in the same boat. He is on immunosuppressants after getting a kidney transplant. He took both doses of the Moderna vax but is still seronegative. I don't think he's too optimistic that the JnJ vax will work, either, but it's certainly worth a shot (no pun intended...).
Antimetabolites seem to be the big issue. If one is taking Cellcept (Mycophenolate) or Belacept, your odds of producing any antibodies are not good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT