ADVERTISEMENT

I tested positive, has anyone else and what were your symptoms?

therod

Jul 9, 2002
I suspect I was positive a week prior to me being tested. I had a dull headache for a few days. I never get headaches. One being the weakest and ten the harshest, I was a one. I was extremely tired and noticed everything I ate tasted the same, bland. I put this to a test by sampling three kinds of cheese. White american , swiss, and a very sharp. All tasted the same. I never had a temperature but felt like I had a mild cold. When the doctor called the day after the test with a definite positive result, he put me on a high regiment of vitamin C500mg, D500mg, and Zink220mg. He said to quarantine myself for 10 days. He also mentioned that if my symptoms changed even a little bit to the worse, not to full around get to an ER room asap. He said this disease could change on a dime. I might add that I'm a few months shy of the big 7 0. I still work part time and suspect that is how I contacted the covid. Essential employee.

Having survived the 10 days, I called my doctor again to see if I needed another test to see if I was clear. I was surprised to learn that I didn't. I guess if you survive the ten days your cured. He warned me to not believe what I heard in regard to the antibodies stored in my body. He said they begin to weaken almost immediately. He thought they could be negligible within thirty to sixty days. He recommended getting vaccinated as soon as I could. He also said that if I got hit a second time it would not be good, that I could count on it being more severe the next time around. I received my first shot a couple weeks ago and the next one scheduled twenty-eight days after. I feel fine now and resumed my part time job. I had some very minor side effects after the shot and was wondering if anyone who had the second shot what their side effects were. By the way, my wife was also positive and does not work (I'm guilty). She was put on the same dosage of vitamins as I was. The doctor said to maintain the vitamins until a week or so after the second shot. I thought I would pass this info. on for anyone who was interested and see if others wanted to share their story.

I'm glad to hear you survived the infection. I know a number of people who received the shot, including my sister who received both shot (Moderna) and my parents who are 69 and 70 who received their first (Moderna) last week, a day after my sister got her second. My parents have not reported any side effects of the first shot.

My sister is 36 and said her arm was sore after the first shot and that she felt like death the night of her second for maybe 4-5 hours but after that is fine. She said two of her co-workers felt terrible after the second shot for a few hours as well but are also fine. The others who I know received the vaccine, as far as I know, have not reported having any ill side effects of it.

I suspect I was positive a week prior to me being tested. I had a dull headache for a few days. I never get headaches. One being the weakest and ten the harshest, I was a one. I was extremely tired and noticed everything I ate tasted the same, bland. I put this to a test by sampling three kinds of cheese. White american , swiss, and a very sharp. All tasted the same. I never had a temperature but felt like I had a mild cold. When the doctor called the day after the test with a definite positive result, he put me on a high regiment of vitamin C500mg, D500mg, and Zink220mg. He said to quarantine myself for 10 days. He also mentioned that if my symptoms changed even a little bit to the worse, not to full around get to an ER room asap. He said this disease could change on a dime. I might add that I'm a few months shy of the big 7 0. I still work part time and suspect that is how I contacted the covid. Essential employee.

Having survived the 10 days, I called my doctor again to see if I needed another test to see if I was clear. I was surprised to learn that I didn't. I guess if you survive the ten days your cured. He warned me to not believe what I heard in regard to the antibodies stored in my body. He said they begin to weaken almost immediately. He thought they could be negligible within thirty to sixty days. He recommended getting vaccinated as soon as I could. He also said that if I got hit a second time it would not be good, that I could count on it being more severe the next time around. I received my first shot a couple weeks ago and the next one scheduled twenty-eight days after. I feel fine now and resumed my part time job. I had some very minor side effects after the shot and was wondering if anyone who had the second shot what their side effects were. By the way, my wife was also positive and does not work (I'm guilty). She was put on the same dosage of vitamins as I was. The doctor said to maintain the vitamins until a week or so after the second shot. I thought I would pass this info. on for anyone who was interested and see if others wanted to share their story.
Sorry to hear about your brush with gonorrhea. Thoughts and prayers! :)

I am actually currently quarantining. I tested positive over the weekend. I had body aches for about 4 days and a mild fever for 2 days. The morning my results came back I didnt have any symptoms anymore. I am 41 and believe I got it from the youth Powerade Tourney or subsequent hotel stay. It seems to be slowly hitting everyone around me is some way. Luckily no one I know had it bad.

My wife has had both vaccines and just complained of a sore arm. Others she works with got down right worked over by the second shot. She had the Pfizer.

I hope your side effects don't last too long.

My Dad is recovering (70 and a diabetic). It's been about 6 weeks. He couldn't shake it for the longest time. Would feel good one day and then feel like crap for the next 4-5 days. Luckily it never went into his lungs. Had no taste or smell and had to force himself to eat which isn't good for a diabetic. Talked to him yesterday and he sounds really good minus a cough. I think it just wore him out due to how long he was battling it. My brother and SIL both had it, but both recovered fairly quickly (about a week). Both lost taste and smell and she had a cough, but my brother didn't. I was shocked about his treatment options. Which was basically nothing. They told my Mom there was nothing they could do and just wait it out. She finally took him to the doctor after 4 weeks of battling it. That's when we found out it wasn't in his lungs.

I get my 2nd shot of Pfizer on Saturday. No issues round one. I’m 41. Both my parents, 68, get their 2nd shot soon as well. They tolerated round one with no issues. Hopefully we all have a mild reaction round 2.

Reactions: tewlepz
Pretty much everyone I know who got the Moderna has felt like shit after the 2nd shot for a day. Haven’t heard much bad about Pfizer

Reactions: Mcnulty7310
Got off quarantine last week. Chills, head, neck back ache and vision issues. Lasted 2-3 days. The reason you don't go back and get tested is that you'll still test positive and can for a long time.

Reactions: therod
I tested positive back in December. Symptoms weren’t too bad! I start by a slight cough, then lost my sense of smell. Then fever, body aches and a bad head ache. A couple days the body aches and head aches were bad. The biggest thing was I had symptoms over a week. Just wore me down. During and after the quarantined I was tired and lost my appetite for an entire month. This was probably the sickest I ever been but I usually don’t get sick.

My wife just got her 2nd round of the Pfizer. (She is a nurse). She had no issues.

our neighbor also just got the 2nd Pfizer shot and it hit her bad for 24 hours. She thinks she had Covid back in February. It seems that the nurses my wife knows who had Covid got knocked out for a day or so after the 2nd shot

One son that lives with us tested positive for a pre-work physical. No symptoms, whatsoever, at any time. If he didn't get tested, we would have never known.

A total of about ten tests for the other three of us, all negative. Some due to symptoms, some because falling out of a tree is apparently a surefire sign of covid.

I had my second shot yesterday of the moderna vaccine. Had a fever of 101 and the chills, which broke overnight. I felt much better today.

My teen daughter is in her final day of isolation after testing positive 10 days ago. Her only exposure is club volleyball, so we know exactly where/when she got it. She had a couple days of fever, headache, cough, and loss of taste/smell. Other than still no taste/smell, she fully recovered after 2 days. I have her on a daily vitamin regimen of Vit-C 1000mg, Vit-D 5000iu, one-a-day with Iron, and Zinc 25mg x 4 daily, continued for 2 weeks after her 10 day isolation. The other family members have escaped Covid’s wrath so far. We take our final Covid test later (today) before getting out of quarantine. My son and I are both group 1A, so have received our first shots. My wife was with me when I got mine and the clinic had a leftover dose (I was the last appointment, by design) so they offered it to her. So, three of the four will be fully vaccinated next week (2 moderna, 1 Pfizer). I couldn’t lift my arm for a day, and it was swelled, red, and itchy at the injection site for about a week. Hardly anything for the other two. My wife and I also got an MMR booster just over a month ago.
I realize some on here think they’re too old for tiktok, but there’s a creator on there that has some great info on Covid. @beachgem10

I tested positive back in December. Symptoms weren’t too bad! I start by a slight cough, then lost my sense of smell. Then fever, body aches and a bad head ache. A couple days the body aches and head aches were bad. The biggest thing was I had symptoms over a week. Just wore me down. During and after the quarantined I was tired and lost my appetite for an entire month. This was probably the sickest I ever been but I usually don’t get sick.

Very similar timing and experience but add in shortness of breath; no doubt the sickest I've ever been. O2 count hung aroung 90 for the worst couple days.

63 years old and in very good health but I came out of it with a heart arrhythmia that my doc said may eventually subside. This thing can be serious business and it doesn't discriminate.

As I posted earlier I had Covid in November. It felt like a bad hangover for 2 days. Lost my sense of smell after I felt better. That lasted about 10 days. Nobody in the family (4) that have O+ blood type got it. Three that don't, got Covid at 3 different unrelated times. I still think there is something to blood type and the Covid effects.
And if you think that deaths are not up due to the virus, listen to this. It is the transcript from a conference call on Q4 earnings this week from RGA (Reinsurance Group of America). I'm a stockholder, so I listened as an interested party. But the facts are laid out pretty clearly by an entity that is only interested in $$, not politics. They re-insure lives, and they are paying claims on additional deaths. And their worst markets? USA, UK, and South Africa.

Reactions: tgar and Dogwelder
I know numerous people who have had Covid-19. Seems to me the lost of taste is one warning sign that seems to be the trigger for concern. I spoke to a woman in her early 60s and she had the virus about 3 months ago and is just starting to get her taste back.
I just read article that medical field is discovery that gum disease is connected to severity of the virus. Also blood type
A,B,and AB are typical to have more likely chance of getting it and more serious symptoms. Blood type O seems to be a more stable against the virus.

Reactions: Dogwelder
As I posted earlier I had Covid in November. It felt like a bad hangover for 2 days. Lost my sense of smell after I felt better. That lasted about 10 days. Nobody in the family (4) that have O+ blood type got it. Three that don't, got Covid at 3 different unrelated times. I still think there is something to blood type and the Covid effects.
And if you think that deaths are not up due to the virus, listen to this. It is the transcript from a conference call on Q4 earnings this week from RGA (Reinsurance Group of America). I'm a stockholder, so I listened as an interested party. But the facts are laid out pretty clearly by an entity that is only interested in $$, not politics. They re-insure lives, and they are paying claims on additional deaths. And their worst markets? USA, UK, and South Africa.
You don't have to listen to reinsurers to know the deaths are really up. The CDC publishes weekly all-cause deaths compared to an expected value based on the average for that week in past years. There is a clear statistically significant excess amount of deaths in 2020 that is about 20% higher than the official recorded Covid mortality. The pandemic is real. There is no doubt about that. The only legitimate argument is over whether the government's response is/was correct or appropriate. Between my wife and I, we know 5 people who have died from it in our extended circle.

You don't have to listen to reinsurers to know the deaths are really up. The CDC publishes weekly all-cause deaths compared to an expected value based on the average for that week in past years. There is a clear statistically significant excess amount of deaths in 2020 that is about 20% higher than the official recorded Covid mortality. The pandemic is real. There is no doubt about that. The only legitimate argument is over whether the government's response is/was correct or appropriate. Between my wife and I, we know 5 people who have died from it in our extended circle.
Oh, I'm with you. I was only framing the statistics in another way. There are some out there that believe the CDC is a secret cabal fighting against truth and justice. ;) There is no way publicly traded companies are going to distort facts in their financial reports. Wait, is MyPillow a public company???
And sorry for the loss of those you know.

I'm 44 and got my second Pfizer shot on the 2nd. First shot was no problem...2nd shot worked me over and I missed two days of work over it.

So Bordeaux, based on the earnings report, I should A) move to Canada, B) to Asia Pacific or C) change my blood type to O.

Everyday, I try to schedule a shot everyday I fail.

So Bordeaux, based on the earnings report, I should A) move to Canada, B) to Asia Pacific or C) change my blood type to O.

Everyday, I try to schedule a shot everyday I fail.
Try registering in Erie. If you get an appointment I'll buy you dinner.

P.S. and based on the earnings report, buy the stock and move to Naples.

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
My daughter works in healthcare and yesterday, over my frustration not getting anywhere on the State's website, I offered her $1,000 if she can find a location and schedule me for an vaccine by March 10th.

She is in her 30's. I never thought when she was eight years old and I would give her a $1.00 for each A, some 25 years later I'd still be offering her financial incentives, let alone for a shot.

I get my second Pfizer shot at the end of February. Got my first shot this past Saturday. Felt it for a couple of days, but we also drank on Saturday after my shot and I didn’t take care of my body well until Sunday.

They really dropped the ball in MN regarding rollout. There’s Mayo employees getting all sorts of offered and vaccinated, despite not really being high risk. Our dipshit governor basically said “Take it from here, big health providers!” And the health providers looked out for their own.

Because no matter what side of the aisle you’re on, if they aren’t holding you accountable, humans will make choices best for them and theirs above what’s best for humanity.

I know it is a little off topic, but if I ever have the occasion to meet @CropDuster507 and it's not Kanye, I'm going to be a little taken aback.
Being an Internet sleuth, I have tracked down an actual photo of Crop : :)
funny-sport-nerd-picture-id599996328

I'd say Florida. If you find yourself in Naples Italy, hop on the Circumvesuviana and get off at the last stop.
I took the Circumvesuviana from Pompeii to Naples back in 2016, very crowded
Then a bus from Naples to Positano, that was a thrill ride!!! Watching two busses go through hairpin turns from opposite directions at the same time with scooters zipping between and around them was certainly entertaining!

Last edited:
Reactions: 82bordeaux
I took the Circumvesuviana from Pompeii to Naples back in 2016, very crowded
Then a bus from Naples to Positano, that was a thrill ride!!! Watching two busses go through hairpin turns from opposite directions at the same time with scooters zipping between and around then was certainly entertaining!
We took a more direct route...

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
Being an Internet sleuth, I have tracked down an actual photo of Crop : :)
funny-sport-nerd-picture-id599996328
If I looked like this, I’d probably have higher self-esteem, but I’d have to kick my own ass. Catch22.

Ever find yourselves in my neck of the country, I got the first round. Bring a couple 20’s because this gal I’m seeing has THE GIFT when it comes to pull tabs, and we always believe in celebrating a victory.

Pro tip: delete your number from here. Some guy named spyker and/or his receptionist may call you soliciting donations to the Tan Tom boat tour.
Pro tip, now you immortalized his number.

I was wondering if that number only gets texts, no real calls?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT