ADVERTISEMENT

I stupidly turn on ESPN to watch SPORTS Center, and I get POLITICS!!!!

BUFFALO LION

Oct 4, 2001
I want to watch College Football talk. Not what a piece of sh!+ I am for loving my Flag and Country!!!!

ESPN has turned into total garbage. They can go f-(k themselves. Thank goodness for BTN and FOX Sports. They are smart enough to know their audience cares more about Saquon Barkley than Donald Trump.

I want to watch College Football talk. Not what a piece of sh!+ I am for loving my Flag and Country!!!!

ESPN has turned into total garbage. They can go f-(k themselves. Thank goodness for BTN and FOX Sports. They are smart enough to know their audience cares more about Saquon Barkley than Donald Trump.

An island of americans is without power (probably for months) and your hero is picking on football players. Why wouldn't they cover it? It's pretty big sports news.

I suppose since its sports they have to report it, but they did seem to drone on endlessly. Reading tweets on TV is the most boring thing social media and "news" has to offer as far as I'm concerned.

An island of americans is without power (probably for months) and your hero is picking on football players. Why wouldn't they cover it? It's pretty big sports news.

What's "big sports news"? That he said what we all know?

The NFL is a shadow of its former self and losing attendance. And it's for the two reasons he stated:

1.) It's turning more and more into a Flag Football League.

2.) The pampered, overpaid crybabies we USED to pay big money to see now want to publicly disrespect the Flag of the people that let them live their cushy lives.

If you want to be a sucker and pay their overpaid salary, go for it. Someone will have to support them and their whining after the rest of us leave.

If ESPN wants to keep harping on this crap instead of what's happening on the field, they're just slicing their own throats. People like me don't want to be told what lousy people we are for loving our Flag and Country.

Last edited:

My view has always been that the NFL controls the media. They have the most valued contracts in any television context and can push their opinions down the chain.

So, the question is why is the NFL constantly pushing this national anthem story? It goes against 40 years of them associating themselves with the flag and being american and the military.

I don't know the answer, but my guess is they realize their fanbase is old and dying. This story is hurting them short term, but there is probably some long term goal.

People have sat and kneeled during the anthem before. Especially bench warmers like Kaep.

LdN

You're suggesting that an island of Americans aren't being helped. I think that's incorrect.

Reactions: psu skp

They gave us lots of attention. As for the encroachment of politics, at least for yesterday, that came from a fat, orange guy w/ a ridiculous toupee.

The syracuse mascot wears a toupee?
tenor.gif

You Trumpers need to take it to the test board.
Just "Trumpers" huh? What about posters on the opposite side of the spectrum. Are they, in your infinite wisdom, free to express their point of view on this subject?

Reactions: psu skp
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT