ADVERTISEMENT

I still believe Eagles get Mariota ....

dawgduice

Jun 2, 2006
trade Bradford (plus picks) to the Jets. The Jets did not want Foles and realize Geno is a project. They will not want to draft Mariota (another possible project). So, Bradford gives them a seasoned starter and give Geno some time to learn.
We shall see :)

Explain how it happens....

Do you believe one of the teams in front of Philadelphia is willing to trade down?

Originally posted by dawgduice:
trade Bradford (plus picks) to the Jets. The Jets did not want Foles and realize Geno is a project. They will not want to draft Mariota (another possible project). So, Bradford gives them a seasoned starter and give Geno some time to learn.
Why not orchestrate a 3-way trade then. I don't see this happening, and if it does, the Eagles will have so drained themselves of draft picks that it'll kill them going forward.

Pretty sure Kelly just wanted Bradford. Which is fine, but they waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overpaid. A 2nd round pick + Foles and taking on his $13M salary? Just awful, regardless of whether they upgraded.

Yea, I'm not sure at this point

Originally posted by dawgduice:
I don't know who is going to take Mariota though. Bucs aren't, I really don't think Titans will, then he really starts to fall if the Jets don't want him which many reports indicate. The next place I see is the Browns at 12 or 19. IDK, I hope Bradford ends up on the Jets I just don't know why we gave up a 2nd round pick next year.

Eagles OC Shurmur was Rams OC when Bradford was a rookie..........

.......... so I think maybe Shurmur wanted him.

Re: Yea, I'm not sure at this point

or conversely Mariotta is going to blow everyone away at his pro day (think it may be this week?) and he will cement his status as the number 2 pick either to Tenn or anyone willing to trade up. If the Eagles are going to bank on him falling to six and making a deal with the Jets, that won't happen until the number 5 pick is made on draft day. No way they would make a major deal in which they mortgage the future and then end up with Mariotta off the board.

Well, you could be correct. but, WR??? RB?? Even Gore said, wait a minute now. He did not want to end his career with a "re-build" project. So, is Kelly adding to the team or rebuilding? Just makes no sense to me, unless he trades Bradford for Mariota, then re-builds.
Maybe he will sign a top free agent WR and RB :) any left out there?

OK, so the Eagles have Bradford AND if Mariota falls to the Jets they make the trade. If Mariota does not fall the Eagles keep Bradford and draft a WR in the first round and a RB in the second (assuming no trades or free agent signings? Does any of this make sense?
If that is A plan then the Eagles will sign D guys in free agency.

Anyone watch the movie Draft Day?

Is that the parallel to the Eagles and Mariota?

Why wouldnt the Jets just trade with the Rams?

Jets just traded for Ryan Fitzpatrick who played for Chan Gailey in buffalo
Who says Mariota gets to #6?

Kelly just laughed when asked this at his PC.

Said that the media has created that narrative. Like it or not, Bradford is his QB right now.

Bradford injured

apparently on his flight to Philly he got hurt opening a bag of peanuts

Without 4th rounder this year and 2nd rounder in 2016 it's about impossible

They would have to almost completely empty the draft cookie jar for TWO years. With their glaring needs, I just can't see that happening,

Hurrah --- they did get a 5th rounder from St. Louis this year. I think they gave up way too much in the Foles/Bradford trade, plus there are also some very negative salary concerns on top of it all.

What about Fitzpatrick?***

confused0024.r191677.gif

What you express sir, in psychological terms, is a delusion. The Eagles will get Mariota when pigs fly out of Andy Reid's butt! That ship has sailed . Kelly supposedly observed Bradford very closely and this is what he wanted. Good luck to all Eagle fans on the Good Ship Nutsicle!

This post was edited on 3/11 7:01 PM by rudedude

Eagles fans response to Kelly

I think the simple fact is that the Eagles weren't sold on Foles being the long-term solution at QB, and had been shopping him for quite a while. There doesn't seem to have been much interest or value placed on Foles from the other teams in the league, and I think Kelly likes what Bradford can bring to the table. Bradford is - unpredictable ACL injuries aside - a much better quarterback with a much higher ceiling and skillset than Foles. I don't think it has much of anything to do with Foles "speaking out" against some of Kelly's moves - I think it has everything to do with the Eagles believing that Bradford gives them better quarterback play than Foles, while still allowing them flexibility through the draft. I think they're right on the money.

ADVERTISEMENT