ADVERTISEMENT

I see Trace is second in the big ten

10 touchdowns, throwing for over 1000 yards. Is he still throwing 50-50 jump balls? I haven't been paying attention.

I sense your post is TIC but will respond anyway.

We aren't going deep very much. We ran a hail mary against pitt and one deep ball. We threw one deep ball vs Iowa and missed an open Blacknall. I don't recall many against Akron or GaSt but suspect there weren't many as we were up big and early.

With Iowa's defense, good rush and corners not letting anyone behind them, probably not a great strategy to throw deep.

One does have to wonder how much we miss Godwin and the dog house status of Blacknall.

Yeah...it was. Just haven't heard much of the " chuck up a 50-50" ball anymore. I guess with Trace second in the big ten the 50-50 ball was a myth. The kid knows what he's doing.

Yeah...it was. Just haven't heard much of the " chuck up a 50-50" ball anymore. I guess with Trace second in the big ten the 50-50 ball was a myth. The kid knows what he's doing.

The 50/50 ball was 90/10 with Godwin. It was a good throw to make.

Without Godwin, he has to be more selective.

LdN

Reactions: Ranger Dan and Ski
Moorehead calls them "100-0" balls. When the ball is in the air, their mentality is it's ours.

Reactions: Ski and ChiTownLion
The 50/50 ball was 90/10 with Godwin. It was a good throw to make.

Without Godwin, he has to be more selective.

LdN

Yep, Godwin was fantastic at winning the battle for the ball in the air. Blacknall has shown this propensity as well -- I think we'll start to see him get more of those opportunities going forward.

10 touchdowns, throwing for over 1000 yards. Is he still throwing 50-50 jump balls? I haven't been paying attention.
50-50 is so last year. Now they will attribute it all to SB's receiving touchdowns and his YAC.

Reactions: Gnat91
I sense your post is TIC but will respond anyway.

We aren't going deep very much. We ran a hail mary against pitt and one deep ball. We threw one deep ball vs Iowa and missed an open Blacknall. I don't recall many against Akron or GaSt but suspect there weren't many as we were up big and early.

With Iowa's defense, good rush and corners not letting anyone behind them, probably not a great strategy to throw deep.

One does have to wonder how much we miss Godwin and the dog house status of Blacknall.

Why is Blacknall in the doghouse? He had 13 catches last year in the regular season. He is on pace for that again.

Reactions: mn78psu83
Guys, Blacknall is not in the doghouse. Yeah, he was for one game, but not at any point this year. He is a great size and talent, but he's inconsistent. He tends to take himself out of a lot of plays and run less-than-crisp routes which makes it hard for McSorley to find...but when he's on, he's ON. I am rooting for him to take the field opposite of Juwan Johnson, but he needs to earn it.

Reactions: mn78psu83
ADVERTISEMENT