ADVERTISEMENT

I really enjoyed the Jacob Warner era.

James P. Whitters III

Jun 1, 2007
He lost a tough one. Kid is a beast, but this is the first time I have noticed he doesn't have very quick feet. Powerful hips once a guy gets in on a leg, but really vulnerable to outside shots. Hmmm? Maybe not quite ready to take out Moore just yet- still a very bright future.

Murin goes down as well. 2nd Iowa hype train that Cole Martin has derailed. Last time it was Brody Grothus.

Reactions: diggerpup
Murin seems like a tough kid. Probably more or less a walk on...no wait... nobody walks on if they could have received a bigger scholly elsewhere...unless they are getting paid through a secret slush fund....which isn't happening because Iowa does everything "by the book"..so....Brands mismanaged his 9.9 by giving full rides to 3 different 141 lb. wrestlers none of which will sniff the podium. Honest but stupid!

does this mean woodley is a NC contender? thats what this means right?
And Woodley is also a true freshman, who had lost to Warner 2 or 3 times previously. Looks like Rosselli is doing a better job of coaching up than TB.

He lost a tough one. Kid is a beast, but this is the first time I have noticed he doesn't have very quick feet. Powerful hips once a guy gets in on a leg, but really vulnerable to outside shots. Hmmm? Maybe not quite ready to take out Moore just yet- still a very bright future.
Christian Brucki beat Hall and Hall still won the damn thing.Warner match yesterday doesn't mean much come March if they decide to pull him

Murin seems like a tough kid. Probably more or less a walk on...no wait... nobody walks on if they could have received a bigger scholly elsewhere...unless they are getting paid through a secret slush fund....which isn't happening because Iowa does everything "by the book"..so....Brands mismanaged his 9.9 by giving full rides to 3 different 141 lb. wrestlers none of which will sniff the podium. Honest but stupid!

Yes, I love the "our compliance office does not allow Iowa to do it the way the other schools do" excuse that some of those "connected" (and for being so connected, it is incredible how often they are just plain uninformed about relatively - we're talking NCAA - simple regulations and facts) on the HR love to throw out there with the caveat that they are not accusing any "specific" team of wrongdoing. Very entertaining mental gymnastics.

It's really not that difficult to talk very specifically about what you mean, what you theorize is happening, what your experience has been, in these regards. I've had many posts on the various related subjects and attempt to do this whether it be by relating the actual rules and regulations, relaying relevant personal experience, or even just stating a logical theory using some of the above. You can do this very easily without getting too specific in terms of names and things that may not be appropriate for a public message board.

Yet the "vagaries" are much more popular and appealing for some and some supposedly with some connections. Which leaves me with two possible conclusions if these people are indeed connected. 1) Their connections are really not all that sharp - which, honestly, is a possibility given my experiences with a wide range of coaches, or 2) their connections are indeed pretty sharp and know exactly what and who they are feeding.

Last edited:
Yes, I love the "our compliance office does not allow Iowa to do it the way the other schools do" excuse that some of those "connected" (and for being so connected, it is incredible how often they are just plain uninformed about relatively - we're talking NCAA - simple regulations and facts) on the HR love to throw out there with the caveat that they are not accusing any "specific" team of wrongdoing. Very entertaining mental gymnastics.

It's really not that difficult to talk very specifically about what you mean, what you theorize is happening, what your experience has been, in these regards. I've had many posts on the various related subjects and attempt to do this whether it be by relating the actual rules and regulations, relaying relevant personal experience, or even just stating a logical theory using some of the above. You can do this very easily without getting too specific in terms of names and things that may not be appropriate for a public message board.

Yet the "vagaries" are much more popular and appealing for some and some supposedly with some connections. Which leaves me with two possible conclusions if these people are indeed connected. 1) Their connections are really not all that sharp - which, honestly, is a possibility given my experiences with a wide range of coaches, or 2) their connections are indeed pretty sharp and know exactly what and who they are feeding.

Dice -- you should check out Chapter 7, Section II.A of the 3" Binder. Covers all of this in amazing detail. I think you'll find it correlates well with your #2 postulated above.

ADVERTISEMENT