ADVERTISEMENT

I live in Buckeye Country and most of my Buckeye friends seem

walleye38

Jul 29, 2003
to think that the Committee got it right. If you check the Buckeye board, most of them feel the same way. Don't forget to watch The Girls Volleyball. Go Lions. The only team that scares me in Volleyball is Nebraska.

to think that the Committee got it right. If you check the Buckeye board, most of them feel the same way. Don't forget to watch The Girls Volleyball. Go Lions. The only team that scares me in Volleyball is Nebraska.
Seemed so simple from the beginning. Best four teams. Given the playoff rankings and the teams that won and lost, the result should have been obvious. Only thing shocking in all this should have been how highly Auburn was ranked going into the SECG with its two losses. And even that made more sense than thinking OSU was better than a team with half their losses after seeing the buckeyes get their doors blown off by a good but not great team.

Your buckeye friends seem sane and reasonable. Enjoy volleyball. Makes more sense than considering this nuttiness (see what I just did there... he he).

I participate on another board with a lot of Buckeye fans and most are okay with what happened. The were all afraid they were going to be embarrassed again, especially with the Iowa drubbing still fresh in their minds.

I participate on another board with a lot of Buckeye fans and most are okay with what happened. The were all afraid they were going to be embarrassed again, especially with the Iowa drubbing still fresh in their minds.
Perhaps, in addition to the fear of another undressing like last year, even they were tired of making the exact opposite argument they made last year. Such an intolerance for the fruits of blatant hypocrisy is mildly admirable.

I take it Robert Smith wasn’t one of them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT