ADVERTISEMENT

I like Franklin but....

Everyone wrestles in elementary and tikes. Did he wrestle varsity or did he roll his ankles two years in a row on the basketball court.

Not everyone wrestles in their youth ... not even close

And a minuscule amount become PJW state champions

He’d have been a star had he continued in high school. He actually said he was going to wrestle his senior year , but obviously couldn’t happen as he enrolled early

Last edited:
Not everyone wrestles in their youth ... not even close

And a minuscule amount become PJW state champions

It's an over exageration. He didn't wrestle varsity. Wrestlers stay true and go through all the way and finish. Wrestlers don't switch to some dumb sport with a ball in the winter. He gave up the sport. Edmond Ruth Cole Nye, Pippa, Zack Funk are wrestlers.

I disagree....as was mentioned earlier the coaches had the players in position to win Saturday and they missed on several key plays...dropped INT'S, Trace playing the worst game of his career are things we could not overcome.

....but to say Jim, Urban and Mark own CJF is just BS, IMO. Have we come up short on the scoreboard, yes...but that will change!

PSU beat tOSU in 2016 and outplayed them the last 2 years and just came up a bit short when everyone knows tOSU has the better players at this point in time...at least PSU is closing the gap quickly with athletes and will be even with tOSU in talent in a year or 2.

Michigan and PSU have traded blowouts the last 2 years and we'll see how it goes going forward, but I don't see Michigan winning a majority of the games as they are taking some hits in recruiting and their fan base is getting nervous that Jimbo isn't getting it done. The next few weeks will be big for them as they try and get out of 3rd place in their own division. Remember Michigan hasn't won a BIG title in forever. PSU has a couple in the same span even though we've had to deal with the most unfair sanctions in NCAA history.

MSU has been known to pull upsets every year...unfortunately last year we had to deal with the most unusual circumstances with the 3-4 hour rain delay and obviously wasn't something anyone had seen before and being on the road was a HUGE disadvantage here.

Bottom line PSU is a few plays away from being undefeated over a 3 yr stretch and I am happy with at least being in the conversation and competitive. PSU has not lost by more than a score since Michigan in 2016....how many programs in the country can say that.....I think 0...maybe Alabama but no one else.

This is probably the most speculated, hopeful, conjectural plea I've ever read and it's just really sad.

Here's my two cents on the coaching. Penn State was blessed with one of the best if not the best X's & O's head coach in Joe Paterno for three decades. The man stressed the fundamentals of football like no other. During the early 90's I went to a RU vs. PSU game and I remember saying to my wife (at the time) this team plays near perfect football and executes on every play. I fully realize that there was a talent gap, but still every route, every tackle and even the dam huddles looked scripted. You are NOT going to get that from Coach Franklin, it's not one of his strengths. I do believe that Coach Franklin will eventually out recruit every team in the B10. I do believe that loading a team with elite ball players will get you into a NC game. Yesterday I counted 5 dropped balls from your CB's, next year 4 of those will be interceptions. The fanbase just needs to be a little patient. Trust me with every season Coach Franklin is getting a little closer.
lol "out recruit every team in the big10".

This is probably the most speculated, hopeful, conjectural plea I've ever read and it's just really sad.
What...EVERYTHING I wrote is completely true. What is speculative or conjecture??

Since 2016 Michigan Game
Lost to USC by 3
Lost @ OSU by 1 after leading the whole game!
Lost @ MSU BY 3 After 3-4 hour rain delay
Lost to OSU by 1 after dominating the game
Lost to MSU by 4 on last second score

These are the facts...PSU has lost every game in the waning minutes as they could not finish what they started.....but that trend will change as depth improves and Franklin learns how to finish games.

ADVERTISEMENT