ADVERTISEMENT

I just put another poster on "ignore"... I wonder who has been ignored the most?

Ranger Dan

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2003
York PA
I also would be curious about how many posters some of you have put on ignore. I think I am at 4 right now, speaking only of McAndrew regulars, but I almost always end up ignoring fans from other programs who come here to fling mud...

You probably won't see this ;) but I've only ever put one guy on ignore but he kept changing his handle so I've given up on the practice.

Only two, getmyjive and Michnittlion.. although, my weakness is my inability to block The Count (I'm sorry, I just look forward to those!).

I also would be curious about how many posters some of you have put on ignore. I think I am at 4 right now, speaking only of McAndrew regulars, but I almost always end up ignoring fans from other programs who come here to fling mud...
I have three on, and only one who is still active. Nittany Ed, who doesn't post these days, gets my vote for the all time worst.

Only two, getmyjive and Michnittlion.. although, my weakness is my inability to block The Count (I'm sorry, I just look forward to those!).
I guess I am a lot more thin skinned than most of you!? I have 14 on ignore including these two. Michnittlion is the only one still active or has posted in the last year.

I have you all beat. Most of the posters I have on ignore are no longer posters though. I usually put easily identifiable trolls on ignore right away. I just haven't gotten around to taking them off ignore. When I do, they'll disappear. I just noticed that one of the posters I have on ignore was booted a while ago and has a new handle.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion

For years I made it a policy not to put any one on ignore. In the last year I have added 47 and I am happier for it. Goodbye circle-jerk crew. Goodbye Mack_of_the_Week_Club. The board is just a much more enjoyable experience now.

I don’t have anyone on ignore. The thing is, if you don’t care to read a person’s posts, then don’t. That said, I guess I do understand the concept.

What I don’t understand is when people feel the need to make some grand announcement that he or she has placed so-and-so on ignore.

First of all, it’s a claim of self-importance – as in, I’m such an important person that so-and-so (and everyone else) should give a shit that I placed the person on ignore.

Second, it’s a confession of inferiority – as in, I can’t offer an argument to oppose you so I’ll just stick my head up my ass and make you go away.

Honestly, I’m opposed to ignore on principle.

I don’t have anyone on ignore. The thing is, if you don’t care to read a person’s posts, then don’t. That said, I guess I do understand the concept.

What I don’t understand is when people feel the need to make some grand announcement that he or she has placed so-and-so on ignore.

First of all, it’s a claim of self-importance – as in, I’m such an important person that so-and-so (and everyone else) should give a shit that I placed the person on ignore.

Second, it’s a confession of inferiority – as in, I can’t offer an argument to oppose you so I’ll just stick my head up my ass and make you go away.

In principle, I do agree with you. And I very rarely use it. However, another possible reason may be that a person decides that reading a certain individual's posts gets him too exercised, so he puts the poster on ignore to avoid that. Still, as you say no one is making anyone read anything.

I don't disagree with you; however, I have a handful of people on ignore. Not because of any feeling of self-importance, but because some are flat-out rude on a regular basis for no apparent reason.

I only have one poster on ignore but he's been banned. I don't put people on ignore because I have no problem with people who disagree with me...I've been with my wife for over 30 years so I'm very used to someone disagreeing with me.

Folks get ignored here for the same reason they get ignored in real life -- they are either immature jackwagons, agenda driven and drone on endlessly on the same subject without listening, or attention whores looking to get a rise. I don't waste time with them in real life and don't want to waste time with them here. Ignore saves a lot of scrolling. I know where you are coming from, as I had the same policy once, but once I started ignoring these folks, I had my own custom, more enjoyable experience here and didn't miss them a bit.

No, I like an argument as much as the next guy... it has nothing to do with inferiority but personal attacks and garbage posts for me.

If you’d stop ignoring me, I could tell you.

Reactions: Woodpecker
I’m the winner. Too many people can’t handle a truthful debate.
I wouldn't label what you do as "truthful debate". It's more akin to a "nauseating stream of fabricated rebuttals". You conveniently avoid pesky facts.

That said, I currently don't have anyone on ignore. I've learned to just skip by your "drivel".

Last edited:
I have 63 posters on ignore. A lot were just passersby. Two were named Zwick. Several Gunsie personas. Some from the Test Board. The one thing they have in common is that I hate each of them, especially the Test Board posters (no brainer).

HoarseGrizzledEyas.gif

xlscKeq.gif

I tried to ignore my self but my other self would have nothing to do with it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT