ADVERTISEMENT

I just looked out my window and the sky is not falling. The moon and stars are still up there.

fairgambit

Aug 20, 2010
This board has gone off the deep end, mostly because too many held unreasonable expectations for this team before the season even started. The Pitt blowout just compounded the problem. This is a lower top 25-30 type team. That is what they were on September 1st, that is what they are now, and that is what they will be in November. They will finish 9-3, or 8-4, go to a bowl and win, and life will go on.

This board has gone off the deep end, mostly because too many held unreasonable expectations for this team before the season even started. The Pitt blowout just compounded the problem. This is a lower top 25-30 type team. That is what they were on September 1st, that is what they are now, and that is what they will be in November. They will finish 9-3, or 8-4, go to a bowl and win, and life will go on.
Agree team is very young with plenty of upside

Reactions: fairgambit
We have some bad fans, plain and simple. The sense of entitlement is unreal as is the revisionist history.

We have some bad fans, plain and simple. The sense of entitlement is unreal as is the revisionist history.
I understand the frustration. I was immersed in it for 40 years. Still, to suggest Franklin should be fired is over the top and putting the blame on individual players is unfortunate. This was a team loss. That is the way the players and coaches will look at it and so should all of us.

Last edited:

Expectations have certainly been part of it, but those higher expectations are not unreasonable when the team has the lead late in all of these games and finds a way to give it away. Might be less painful if opponents simply beat us for four quarters. This time we even had referines come back to life. Hard to watch that and just have a "meh" type of attitude, but I guess you have progressed to that higher level of consciousness.

So what you are saying is the team is good not great.
Maybe CJF needs to change his pitch to recruits. We are good but need a few more to become great.
Can't expect them to go from good to elite

Where do you live? I looked out my window this morning and snapped a pic.
Just kidding. JF is the CEO of PSU football and he will get the right people to get the program to the elite level.

maxresdefault-1280x640.jpg

Thanks for your reasonableness and long view. You're right of course. It's truly needed after a brutal loss when so many of us have invested so much time and emotion loving on this team. Franklin too. Agreed, our expectations got completely out of kilter. What's the saying? "When someone shows you who they are believe them"? Well, the same could be applied in a team setting. Now let's see if as a team we can change and get better. They have a challenging road ahead. Oh, and as fans on the losing side maybe we can gain some grace too.

Over the next few days I'll be staying away from sports talk radio and TV as the "haters" are going to be ripping us to an unusual degree. They'll find great joy in this team's struggles. That I don't need. Peace.

You go to great lengths to let folks know you don’t care.
Unusual that.
I do, and I think the reason for that is that I cared so much, for so long, and I now look back on it all as wasted time, emotion, and capital. In some way, admitting that over and over, is cathartic for me.

Reactions: nits74
I do, and I think the reason for that is that I cared so much, for so long, and I now look back on it all as wasted time, emotion, and capital. In some way, admitting that over and over, is cathartic for me.
I admit to being almost apocalyptic after the OSU loss, but following yet another meltdown yesterday I had a strange reaction. It was as though I felt a sense of relief. I have no more misguided expectations and have accepted the reality of the situation. In that sense my priorities are back in order, which is a far healthier state in which to be. The truth has set us free.:)

Reactions: fairgambit

3-11 vs the big 3 in 5 years isn’t a fictional thing tho.

Reactions: nits74
ADVERTISEMENT