ADVERTISEMENT

I hate Olympic Years

It should not be unreasonable for countries to enter more than on wrestler at a weight. Like swimming or track, could there be short and long matches..... so the power guys/gals have their space but the endurance guys/gals have a space too.
Russia already does. Some are entered under Italy, France, Spain, Germany ...

Reactions: Dogwelder
I was against the adding skate boarding, golf, beach volleyball, BMX, mountain biking and baseball and softball.

I like the the traditional Olympic sports.
any sport that has millionaires playing as the norm should not be included. We have annual professional leagues for those sports (tennis, golf, baseball....)

any sport that has millionaires playing as the norm should not be included. We have annual professional leagues for those sports (tennis, golf, baseball....)
"Should not" ... LOL. The Olympics would cease to exist.

The modern Olympics exists because American TV companies pay exorbitant broadcast rights fees. And American TV audiences are attracted to celebrity.

Reactions: nerfstate
"Should not" ... LOL. The Olympics would cease to exist.

The modern Olympics exists because American TV companies pay exorbitant broadcast rights fees. And American TV audiences are attracted to celebrity.
yep. Somehow the Olympics made it before golf and basebal though. The sad part, they simply want more money. I understand the amateur status is a bogus status from a historical perspective, but sure did like it when... We all like the 'miracle on iced'

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT