ADVERTISEMENT

I guess I don't get most PSU folks with respect to MSU

wbcincy

Apr 4, 2003
Columbus
There seems to be this jubilant feeling around here with respect to the fallout from the Nassar scandal. I guess folks are happy that some of the people who took shots at us are now falling on swords themselves. And I get that feeling, I hate everyone who attacked us unfairly due to ignorance or just to capture the low-hanging fruit as much as the next guy.

But at the same time, I've found 0 seconds of happiness in what's happened with Nassar, not matter who it negatively impacts. I'd rather Penn State live with whatever shame has been unfairly laid upon us for eternity, than get revenge at the expense of a single abused child or woman, let alone hundreds.

Mark Emmert might be in my top 5 people I'd like 5 minutes alone in a room with with no applicable laws. However, I'd rather his career end in a peaceful retirement than see him go down in scandal because hundreds more innocent people were violated.

Just felt the need to say this as I've seen so many threads dedicated to such intense satisfaction at what's so tragically occurred. I expect to now be savagely attacked. Oh well.

I'd rather Penn State live with whatever shame has been unfairly laid upon us for eternity, than get revenge at the expense of a single abused child or woman, let alone hundreds.
Penn State did not get revenge. Penn State had nothing to do with what happened at MSU. Wishing that others that did worse face a harsher punishment is not another stain on Penn State. Unfair shame is one thing...earned shame is completely different.

I've seen so many threads dedicated to such intense satisfaction at what's so tragically occurred. .
My opinion is that people are taking satisfaction in seeing hypocrites get their comeuppance, not that anyone in their right mind is taking satisfaction in the fact that a sick, twisted man abused young girls. What Nassar did is terrible and he'll die behind bars for it. But no one here had anything to do with it, and no one here can change anything that happened. Taking pleasure in seeing shitbags like Emmert and Simon, who both exploited a similar tragedy for their own gain, get their comeuppance is no sin.

Emmert deserves to be waterboarded. He deserves to be publicly humiliated and outed as a complete, utter, shameless fraud. And some are a bit pleased that this tragic episode, that might have seen some intervention sooner if people had read and digested the Clemente Report, helped color just a little bit more that Emmert is an absolute feckless puckerhole.

To the OP... you are (imo) spot on in your opinion.

But the following comments made were equally on point.

Had Emmert put even HALF the zeal into msu he did with JVP ( forever my hero, and anyone who has a problem with that is welcome to say it to my face.. and God help you... you'll need it)... so many young girls would have been spared the depravity of Nassar.

But mister syracuse loverboy had other plans.... he and his band of punks went off half-cocked on penn state and, in particular, on an old man who never could have conceived of such depravity.

Oh but Emmert could.. and THAT is the difference. POS's like emmert and his ilk knew how it worked in the modern world.. Joe had no idea... what happened as slick MQ 'splained it... was a world Joe had no idea even existed.

Just as Joe never really understood that his super strong 260 pounders were not the be-all end-all... they were overmatched by 300 pounders who could do the same things and more athletically. He was man lost in time.. and this case was a classic example... he was out of his element. [Years later he finally came to understand and the tide turned... a tribute to Joe all the more that he could SEE it when most would be forever lost]

None of which stopped Emmert and his bretheren of Satan from piling on.

I wish Emmert a long long long life.. I wish him the enduring pain of his children KNOWING what their father did.. what a monster he is... and what calamity... and the ensuing hell he caused to reign.

Mark Emmert might as well be Satan's perfect vessel. Heck, he might be Satan himself.

So hey Marky... live your life knowinhg what a gutless syncophant you were. And die in shame. Your children knowing that for all your glowing prose and worn out phrases you were nothing but a gutless puke.

Legacy? A man like Joe Paterno has a legacy that will endure time. A twit like mark emmert has the knowledge he was a pip-squeak, a piece of vermin... to be mocked til the end of time.

Nice life you had there Marky.. enjoy your legacy.

There seems to be this jubilant feeling around here with respect to the fallout from the Nassar scandal. I guess folks are happy that some of the people who took shots at us are now falling on swords themselves. And I get that feeling, I hate everyone who attacked us unfairly due to ignorance or just to capture the low-hanging fruit as much as the next guy.

But at the same time, I've found 0 seconds of happiness in what's happened with Nassar, not matter who it negatively impacts. I'd rather Penn State live with whatever shame has been unfairly laid upon us for eternity, than get revenge at the expense of a single abused child or woman, let alone hundreds.

Mark Emmert might be in my top 5 people I'd like 5 minutes alone in a room with with no applicable laws. However, I'd rather his career end in a peaceful retirement than see him go down in scandal because hundreds more innocent people were violated.

Just felt the need to say this as I've seen so many threads dedicated to such intense satisfaction at what's so tragically occurred. I expect to now be savagely attacked. Oh well.
I haven't seen much jubilance. I've seen a fair bit of satisfaction in watching people who spared not a moment savaging us now understanding that when it is THEM, it is not so simple. It's complicated, dontcha know.

I have not seen anyone happy that this happened, but it really does not matter at all whether it makes people happy or not. Because people like Mark and Lou Anna and the BOT USED the PSU case for their own selfish purposes, instead of learning the Clemente lessons, it was guaranteed to happen. It will keep happening, too. All we can hope to do is stop it more quickly.

If the lessons of Jerry and Larry are not learned, but instead used selfishly, there will be more predation. Strctly speaking, the deaths of people who have acted like Mark ans Lou Anna would be a help to future victims. Happily for them, their banishment works just about as well. But I am plenty happy to see them gone.

Your wish that there be fewer victims is universally shared, except among people like Mark and Lou Anna. They care only about how their image and power.

Saying that anyone here takes joy in the suffering if the victims is false. Even if someone had rooted for this to happen or not happen, it would have happened. Nobody learned the lessons of Sandusky. They were too busy perverting it..

Events reveal character. We thought we knew their character, and they proved it in spades.

JMO but its not the victims that most, me included, are "jubilant" about. I think we are all disgusted and saddened at what they had to go through and endure.
BUT I am personally Jubilant that many of the same ass wipes that pointed their fingers and clucked their thick tongues at Joe, PSU and its alums and fans are getting the same treatment. Instead of pointing fingers they should have been heading the warning signs. Something about a mote and a beam comes to mind.

I don't think the PSU family is jubilant. I think the rush to judgement, the complete NCAA and Big 10 lynching of case vs theirs. This stinks, victims in both cases. But cover up? The 2 cases don't compare, and Emmert, advised about this MSU issue in 2010, if the facts are true. I am letting this play out, I am not rushing to judgement, there are 2 sides to every story.
But from early indications, it appears they have a culture problem. Stay tuned.

It’s called Schadenfreuden. What you need to keep in mind is how PSU and JoePa were publicly judge by MSU admin and fan base. I remember some of MSU fans coming in the forum and call us child rapist. After the crap Simons said about PSU, why would you think that people won’t be overjoyed by her downfall?

In the MSU scandal we have victims that personally went MSU admin. Let’s not forget that NCAA’s Mark Emmert heard directly from a victim. These assclown sat in judgement of PSU and Joe. So, again, why would you not expect people to be overjoyed by their downfall?

Oh, and it gets worse watch the OTL special on ESPN. http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id...on-michigan-state-goes-larry-nassar-case-espn

It’s called Schadenfreuden. What you need to keep in mind is how PSU and JoePa were publicly judge by MSU admin and fan base. I remember some of MSU fans coming in the forum and call us child rapist. After the crap Simons said about PSU, why would you think that people won’t be overjoyed by her downfall?

In the MSU scandal we have victims that personally went MSU admin. Let’s not forget that NCAA’s Mark Emmert heard directly from a victim. These assclown sat in judgement of PSU and Joe. So, again, why would you not expect people to be overjoyed by their downfall?

Oh, and it gets worse watch the OTL special on ESPN. http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id...on-michigan-state-goes-larry-nassar-case-espn

Where are those prick michigan state athletic supporters now? Assholes.

there are no winners in any of this- and yes, a few here seem to think that there are

There may not be any winners, but there sure are some big losers, and Simon and Emmert are amongst the biggest. After what those two in particular said about us and actually did to us, you're kidding yourself if you think some Penn Staters aren't going to derive a level of joy at their demise, especially since their demise involves circumstances that they were all to happy to preach to Penn Staters about.

there are no winners in any of this- and yes, a few here seem to think that there are
Actually, current and future victims can get a "win" here, IF YOU consider stopping their predators by using the priniples set forth by Clemente and others a win as I do.

Just an unwavering adherence to the "2 adults, no 1on 1" rule will stop a majority of it. Enforce that rule and you make people take this seriously.

But you only get there by learning the lessons, and you only do that through publicity.

After what happened to Penn State, given the facts and that no other school that actually screwed up has suffered a fate remotely similar, f*ck everybody. They can all f*ck themselves.

And while they are f*cking themselves, they can ponder the following facts:

1. 409

2. Joe Paterno's Success With Honor never left Penn State. James Franklin is continuing it in Happy Valley.

3. Penn State has the winningest athletic department in the b1g (most team national championships all time).

There may not be any winners, but there sure are some big losers, and Simon and Emmert are amongst the biggest. After what those two in particular said about us and actually did to us, you're kidding yourself if you think some Penn Staters aren't going to derive a level of joy at their demise, especially since their demise involves circumstances that they were all to happy to preach to Penn Staters about.
I'm not kidding myself at all. I don't have a favorable opinion about people in general. It is what it is.

Reactions: Phil's Rug
I have not read a jubilant post here from a PSU fan that is happy about what happened to the victims of Larry Nassar, in fact i have seen nothing but empathy for the victims. What I see is people that are venting because of the way Joe, and PSU were treated by a runaway irresponsible press, and the pompous phoney administrators at MSU, the NCAA, The B1G, and other administrators of other institutions.

There is this irony that Joe reported, testified what little he knew and made a heart felt statement that in hundsight he wish he had done more,while the assholes at MSU, directly covered up and claim no responsibility for anything. There is anger and disgust here at PSU and we are venting that anger. Don't get that confused with a lack of care and understanding for the victims, having a son the was molested when he was four years old and the hell he went through I can understand the hell that Larry and Jerry brought to the lives of the victims and their families very well. The first time I saw my son smile in decades was after he learned that the perp in his life commited suicide. He finally was able to let it go in part. He still seeks out others from his childhood that he thinks may need help.

Expect the frauds and the hypocrites in the MSU situation continued to be skewered here. The self appointed know it alls that damned others for getting groomed by a devious con artist deserve a beat down. Beating them down may actually serve a good purpose. The purpose is to stop the hypocrisy and finger pointing and get people in power to do the damn job they are paid to do.

Last edited:

I guess my take is that I totally agree with you that nobody should take joy from what happened to any of the victims at MSU. I certainly don’t and wish it had never happened at all.

At the same time once I knew it happened and nothing could change that, I am jubilant that hypocritical assholes like Simon and Emmert appear to have been at the epicenter of it, rather than someone else.

I will also admit I felt some satisfaction when that pr!ck Louie Freeh had his abrupt encounter with a tree, I felt not one bit of sadness or empathy, instead quite the opposite. There are a few people who have been or are currently on our BOT or involved in the Pa OAG that could suffer in some way and it wouldn’t hurt me one bit either. I guess that makes me some sort of a vindictive bastard. I can live with it.

Sure, Emmert and Simon absolutely deserve whatever karma is coming their way, but the BOT is really to blame for allowing the public narrative to be that Penn State enabled/covered-up child rape in order to protect the football program. It boggles the mind how that could possibly have happened, or why the University seems to be actively trying NOT to set the record straight when it clearly has a golden opportunity to do so. I mean I get it, but I don't. You know?

Sure, Emmert and Simon absolutely deserve whatever karma is coming their way, but the BOT is really to blame for allowing the public narrative to be that Penn State enabled/covered-up child rape in order to protect the football program. It boggles the mind how that could possibly have happened, or why the University seems to be actively trying NOT to set the record straight when it clearly has a golden opportunity to do so. I mean I get it, but I don't. You know?

Yes, it was a false narrative, and people around here knew it. Michigan State people, led by their university President, didn't bother to work through what actually happened at Penn State. They piled on. So, yes, there is some satisfaction in seeing their hypocrisy exposed. AND anger toward them that they harbored Nassar, despite multiple warnings.

And, now, indications of a culture problem that permitted the coverup of sexual crimes by MSU football and basketball players....wow.

Sparty needs to come clean, repent, and face the consequences. Then, there's time for healing.

Reactions: Royal_Coaster
Exactly my sentiment, I’ve posted this exact thought twice in the past week or so.

But I also concluded - We are where we are, and nothing is going to change that.

I totally am in support of MSU fans and alums...I know what we went through so I take no joy in their suffering. A rivalry should not involve smearing your rival over a crime...especially one this heinous. Keep this in mind...only a few people are responsible for this....there is no reason to judge the entire alumni group or fanbase.

We don't know exactly what happened at MSU any more than most knew what exactly happened at PSU. My guess is that MSU failed to recognize the seriousness of the allegations against Nassar. I think it was more of a screw up than a cover up because I simply can't imagine anybody knowingly allowing him to assault women. I'm not judging but I can see the motive for sweeping sexual assault of football and basketball players under the rug since there's lots of money involved. Maybe we'll see what facts come out. Maybe not. Maybe their "independent" counsel will act sanctimonious use this opportunity to grandstand.

Unfortunately with downfalls come opportunity. Not always good ones, the D.A. is using this as a chance to further his run for governor. Instead of looking for truths, we look to enhance our own power and prestige. The experiences that PSU went through didn't educate anyone on these sexual abuses by nice guy predators. The lawyers padded their own pockets without really benefiting the life long pain and suffering of the victims.

Reactions: Bob78 and Nitt1300
The big thing here is the Simon and Emmert and many more knew about this stuff going on under their nose while at the same time coming down hard on PSU with no evidence of any wrongdoing by PSU or Joe. They had reports of this stuff going on in 2010 for crying out loud and Emmert himself has admitted it was widely known

Reactions: Bob78
The big thing here is the Simon and Emmert and many more knew about this stuff going on under their nose while at the same time coming down hard on PSU with no evidence of any wrongdoing by PSU or Joe. They had reports of this stuff going on in 2010 for crying out loud and Emmert himself has admitted it was widely known
Emmert sent out an email yesterday. His defense in learning about MSU in 2010 was that a law enforcement investigation was being done therefore there was no need for the NCAA to become involved. Contrast that with Penn State and the fact the NCAA became involved even after a grand jury was convened and charges were filed against Curley and Schultz in 2011. Emmert, Delany and Simon couldn't pass up the opportunity to grandstand. Either that or they don't see the sexual abuse of girls as being as big of a deal as the sexual abuse of boys.

Many are going down the same path with Michigan State as they did with Penn State. The witch hunt and drama for ratings is in full affect. The problem is not going to be address if the focus is lost.

How can Nassar and Sandusky commit evil under the noses of smart, educated people? These two were questioned by authorities and talked their way out of it, convincing others they did nothing wrong.

I understand the Schadenfreude, but this doesn't help the victims, or address the real problem.

Actually, current and future victims can get a "win" here, IF YOU consider stopping their predators by using the priniples set forth by Clemente and others a win as I do.

Just an unwavering adherence to the "2 adults, no 1on 1" rule will stop a majority of it. Enforce that rule and you make people take this seriously.

But you only get there by learning the lessons, and you only do that through publicity.
Well said, Larry. Thanks for this.

Reactions: demlion
All I will say to the OP is that there were many jubilant people all over America (particularly our competitors on the athletic fields and the news media) that were absolutely ecstatic about what happened at Penn State. I firmly believe that many secretly loved it, any victims be damned. So, given that what happened to those poor young women happened and can't be changed, I have zero remorse in taking delight over the downfall of MSU administrators or Emmert and the NCAA.

Last edited:
Reactions: N&B4PSU and psu7113
On social media I do occasionally attack MSU. It is not out of jubilation or revenge, but disgust. The moral outrage from the media and general public is so much less with MSU. I really think a big part of it, that it was girls abused at MSU and boys abused at TSM. I have heard people say that PSU worse because PSU only involved minors. They didn't even know that minors were involved at MSU, in some reports I have seen as young as 6. I have heard that since everybody kept quiet, that they must have enjoyed it.

Somehow a pedophile that abuses girls is not as evil as a pedophile that abuses boys. It is disgusting.

Reactions: N&B4PSU and nits74
Many are going down the same path with Michigan State as they did with Penn State. The witch hunt and drama for ratings is in full affect. The problem is not going to be address if the focus is lost.

How can Nassar and Sandusky commit evil under the noses of smart, educated people? These two were questioned by authorities and talked their way out of it, convincing others they did nothing wrong.

I understand the Schadenfreude, but this doesn't help the victims, or address the real problem.

I don't think anyone is saying that burning down michigan state is the solution. However, if there is factual evidence that people in positions of responsibility at michigan state knew and did not act properly, then they must be held accountable.

ADVERTISEMENT