ADVERTISEMENT

I feel for Mike McQuery. No matter what he did / didn't do. It was never going to be right.....

I assume this is TIC? He was the one and only witness who saw "something" and he never, ever went to the police. Even after he saw JS back in the Lasch building with kids. If he really saw what he finally claimed a decade later, he had 10 years to pick up the phone.

Option 1) He sees a real sexual assault, then don't slam your locker door and leave the kid there.

Option 2) You see something "weird", tell your Dad and a doctor that night you saw something weird, they don't think it's bad enough to call the cops. Tell Paterno and Curley you saw something weird. Don't allow your story to be changed a decade later by the prosecution into a rape in the showers.

Two possible options, he picked the wrong thing to do for either option.

Option 1) He sees a real sexual assault, then don't slam your locker door and leave the kid there.

Option 2) You see something "weird", tell your Dad and a doctor that night you saw something weird, they don't think it's bad enough to call the cops. Tell Paterno and Curley you saw something weird. Don't allow your story to be changed a decade later by the prosecution into a rape in the showers.

Judge, you have most succinctly summarized this entire debacle.

Reactions: bytir and dshumbero
Its a shame.

If he wasn't sure what he saw that night, he should have stuck with his original story that EVERYONE BUT him, including the "Victim", agrees with.

When he embellished his story 10 years later to protect his a$$, and cataclysmically destroyed one of the most respected Universities in the Country, and everyone that ever went there, he lost any respect I ever had for him. My guess is that whatever millions he gets from this will be blown somehow within 10 years or less. I don't feel sorry for him at all.

At a very critical moment, Mike McQueary came up small. Anyone can screw up in real time, of course, but he compounded his mistake time and time again over a period of years. Now he is being handed more money than most of us will earn in our lifetimes. Screw you, Mike McQueary, screw you.

Its a shame.

Pretty much. That said he needed to bite the bullet and simply pass the info the police. That also applies to everyone above him. If any of them had simply passed a the limited info to the police then PSU would have been in the clear.

Option 1: Call the god damn cops.

End of options.

Its a shame.

mcqueary's life is a mess.

949c38558eb7dda57eaa77e6fc61baff.jpg

Option 1: Call the god damn cops.

End of options.

Ok. So the fact that Mike didn't call the cops, and after hearing the story that night, his Dad and their doctor family friend didn't think they needed to call the cops, what does that tell you?

Reactions: WeR0206
Pretty much. That said he needed to bite the bullet and simply pass the info the police. That also applies to everyone above him. If any of them had simply passed a the limited info to the police then PSU would have been in the clear.
In the clear by the law. Pubic opinion could still have been a problem.

He watched a grown man, naked, in a shower with a child, at night, and did not call the police.

And walked away with 7 million dollars.

Your entire post is a joke.

Or he didn't really watch that, said he did anyhow, and walked away with $7million dollars.

Either way, he failed.

Ok. So the fact that Mike didn't call the cops, and after hearing the story that night, his Dad and their doctor family friend didn't think they needed to call the cops, what does that tell you?

What about the next decade where he seemed to be pretty cool with everything while collecting a PSU paycheck? I mean, you have to be a sociopath to witness the sexual assault of a minor and not even check in with the cops at some point to see how or if things were handled. Even if Curley/Schultz tell you they're taking care of it, you follow up, and should only be satisfied when you're giving a report to the police.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what the "shame" is?

That a good man like Graham Spanier, who was the ONLY MAN to show the guts to stand up and fight, was thrown under the bus by a couple of weak cowards and 12 raging morons.

THAT'S the real shame.

I think he embellished the whole thing. I do not think he fully witnessed what he said he witnessed. I have no doubt that JS was in the shower with the kid, but I have deep suspicions that no anal intercourse was happening, at least to the extent that MM could tell.

Its a shame.

BULLSH!T!!!!

He saw "something", IMO. It could've been hugging or caressing (e.g., rubbing his back with soap).

Neither of which are actual sex acts, but it HIGHLY inappropriate and a HUGE red flag. MM knew this.

How do I know? Well, minutes later, he called daddy-O. Daddy-O told him to come home. This we know a FACT.

Those three spent the rest of their Friday evening discussing this. Daddy-O and Dranov are RESPONSIBLE for not understanding INAPPROPIATE behavior involving a child. They should be liable.

And, they lied, under oath, IMO. They advised MM, poorly. MM did what they suggested.

MM didn't have to "witness" a sex act, mind you. Just understanding that a 60-70 year man showering aside of a young boy should NEVER EVER involve physical contact - EVER!

If it were merely "horseplay", then why did MM call Daddy-O, minutes after witnessing the alleged horseplay? Fact is, MM saw more than horseplay.

Not necessarily penetration or oral sex or even kissing. Those three would have signaled to Daddy-O and Dranov to advise MM differently.

Daddy-O and Dranov were too concerned about a SEX ACT, IMO, that they didn't consider back rubbing or hugging or holding hands as INAPPROPRIATE.

So, here we are...

Reactions: DandyDonII
I think he embellished the whole thing. I do not think he fully witnessed what he said he witnessed. I have no doubt that JS was in the shower with the kid, but I have deep suspicions that no anal intercourse was happening, at least to the extent that MM could tell.
totally agree. he either changed his story or was told to change his story. Both Curley and Schultz stuck to their guns on that. When asked why they pleaded, they both said "because I should have done more". I agree with that. They made a bad decision...but MM contributed to that. (honestly think that Curley and Schutz knew they could get on with their lives, retain their pensions, and not serve jail time. Being retired, they didn't have much else to lose and the risk of getting in front of the crazy central PA juries was too much)

BULLSH!T!!!!

He saw "something", IMO. It could've been hugging or caressing (e.g., rubbing his back with soap).

Neither of which are actual sex acts, but it HIGHLY inappropriate and a HUGE red flag. MM knew this.

How do I know? Well, minutes later, he called daddy-O. Daddy-O told him to come home. This we know a FACT.

Those three spent the rest of their Friday evening discussing this. Daddy-O and Dranov are RESPONSIBLE for not understanding INAPPROPIATE behavior involving a child. They should be liable.

And, they lied, under oath, IMO. They advised MM, poorly. MM did what they suggested.

MM didn't have to "witness" a sex act, mind you. Just understanding that a 60-70 year man showering aside of a young boy should NEVER EVER involve physical contact - EVER!

If it were merely "horseplay", then why did MM call Daddy-O, minutes after witnessing the alleged horseplay? Fact is, MM saw more than horseplay.

Not necessarily penetration or oral sex or even kissing. Those three would have signaled to Daddy-O and Dranov to advise MM differently.

Daddy-O and Dranov were too concerned about a SEX ACT, IMO, that they didn't consider back rubbing or hugging or holding hands as INAPPROPRIATE.

So, here we are...

Personally I always thought Mike and Daddy-O and Dranov were too concerned about the impact of the next step on Mike's career. Just my opinion.

Well one thing he could have done was, when TC told him of their plan, he could have either asked for copies/followup or gone with TC to meet with JR, so he, MM could be sure no one was putting words into his mouth.
OTOH, TC should have had MM write down in his hand, what he saw that night and signed it.

BULLSH!T!!!!

So, here we are...

Personally, I think he thought he heard stuff. From there, he saw Sandusky and a kid in the shower through a mirror. he had probably heard rumors before that. He slams his locker door and turns to look in and at that point, the two are separated (if they weren't always separated). If true, what did he really see? What was actionable? who would believe him in a court of law without any corroborating evidence?

My guess is that the police went to him and said "we are 100% sure Sandusky is a predator. Mike, you are all that is standing between jailing a predator and letting him molest more kids. You've got to make you accounting of that night more compelling!" And he did.

Then, as prosecutors, they know that the testimony of C & S could sink their case by undermining MM. So they charge them with crimes (to keep them quiet during the JS trial). This leads to the BOT WAAAY over reaction and the press going bonkers. Who would have guessed it would turn out that way? Not the prosecutors.

So it hardens their stories and everyone goes to their graves with their secrets feeling good about themselves that it put JS in jail.

Personally, I think he thought he heard stuff. From there, he saw Sandusky and a kid in the shower through a mirror. he had probably heard rumors before that. He slams his locker door and turns to look in and at that point, the two are separated (if they weren't always separated). If true, what did he really see? What was actionable? who would believe him in a court of law without any corroborating evidence?

My guess is that the police went to him and said "we are 100% sure Sandusky is a predator. Mike, you are all that is standing between jailing a predator and letting him molest more kids. You've got to make you accounting of that night more compelling!" And he did.

Then, as prosecutors, they know that the testimony of C & S could sink their case by undermining MM. So they charge them with crimes (to keep them quiet during the JS trial). This leads to the BOT WAAAY over reaction and the press going bonkers. Who would have guessed it would turn out that way? Not the prosecutors.

So it hardens their stories and everyone goes to their graves with their secrets feeling good about themselves that it put JS in jail.

I think that is a pretty fair summary. He always was an ear witness, he said numerous times, he only looked in for a second, but he of course 'knew'. I think after that he had to double down to keep from looking bad. Remember the reaction by his players when this hit the fan?

The OP is gone, this is guy threw a firecracker to that he could watch it spread into a nuclear war. MM is the most responsible person in this sordid affair, don;t take the bait and turn this into a 6 page thread.

Reactions: bjf1991
BULLSH!T!!!!

So, here we are...

Dranov clearly stated on the stand last Thursday that MIKE DID NOT SEE ANYTHING. Mike saw a boy poke his head out, then an arm pull the kid back. He heard showers running. He heard noises. He did not see bodies so he really doesn't know if they're naked or not at this point in time. We can assume it - but it's not fact.

We do know the "anal rape" imagery was courtesy of the prosecutors. We do know Mike never told Dranov of seeing "stomach to back" or seeing "skin to skin" or "hips slowly moving". Those are embellishments made by the state.

We also know Dr. Raykovitz was fully aware of the chairman of his charity in a campus shower after hours with a Second Mile teen, that chairman did not provide any counseling or therapy to Second Mile youth, and that as a result of this incident - ALL KIDS were now banished from being brought to the campus by that chairman. We know that Jack was told by Jerry that he was naked in the shower with the teen. I can then assume the teen was naked as well.

Jack should have recognized this as a goal of grooming and slapped Jerry upside the head with that fact - then sit him down and implement a written safety plan for Jerry's behavior going forward with Second Mile youth.

Jack failed to do more.

Our state failed to do more as well. They never bothered to find the "shower victim" but grandstanded about their care for "the victims"

Our state still placed Matt in that home and hasn't explained themselves for his abuse.

Jack should have recognized this as a goal of grooming and slapped Jerry upside the head with that fact - then sit him down and implement a written safety plan for Jerry's behavior going forward with Second Mile youth.

Jack failed to do more.

Our state failed to do more as well. They never bothered to find the "shower victim" but grandstanded about their care for "the victims"

Our state still placed Matt in that home and hasn't explained themselves for his abuse.

But, but, but..........FOOTBALL

---------------------

More like a troop of retarded monkeys trying to hump a football

Its a shame.
Hard for me to feel sorry for a guy who has changed his story resulting in a legend (JoePa) reputation ruined and the same for our great PSU's reputation. And for his lying/changed story that ruined these reputations he gets 12 million. Sorry, no pitty from me.

Reactions: dshumbero
Mr. Potter still has not contributed to this thread. Please don't take the bait on this guys, you are all(most) too smart.

Hey

Question for you Judge or anyone else that knows: Did MM actually change his story after all these years or has the media gone off running their version of the changed story since that was better news for them??? Has MM actually now said that he witnessed a sexual assault that night?

Dranov clearly stated on the stand last Thursday that MIKE DID NOT SEE ANYTHING. Mike saw a boy poke his head out, then an arm pull the kid back. He heard showers running. He heard noises. He did not see bodies so he really doesn't know if they're naked or not at this point in time. We can assume it - but it's not fact.

We do know the "anal rape" imagery was courtesy of the prosecutors. We do know Mike never told Dranov of seeing "stomach to back" or seeing "skin to skin" or "hips slowly moving". Those are embellishments made by the state.

We also know Dr. Raykovitz was fully aware of the chairman of his charity in a campus shower after hours with a Second Mile teen, that chairman did not provide any counseling or therapy to Second Mile youth, and that as a result of this incident - ALL KIDS were now banished from being brought to the campus by that chairman. We know that Jack was told by Jerry that he was naked in the shower with the teen. I can then assume the teen was naked as well.

Jack failed to do more.

Look....

MM called Daddy-O from his office minutes after seeing JS. Why? Had to be a reasoNew.

The three discussed this late Friday. Why? Had to be a reason.

You don't discuss horseplay.

You still are avoiding THE main problem: why did he call Daddy-O minutes after seeing JS? Had to be a reason.

Could've been them hugging, for example. Regardless, he saw something.

ADVERTISEMENT