I feel a lot better

junior1

May 29, 2001
Had to wait for my wife outside at the hairdressers today and had the opportunity to listen to President Biden's speech on how we're going to defeat inflation, Now maybe it's just me, but I didn't hear anything different from what he's been saying for a while now. (although it did take him a little more time to get it right off the teleprompter) I heard a lot of what my plan "will do" and not a lot about what it has done. After all, we've been releasing oil from the reserve, talking about insulin, greedy oil companies and food companies for a while now and inflation has not abated. I did learn though that "ultra MAGA" republicans are bad guys and we certainly don't want them in power
I did find a couple of discrepancies in his speech though...not inaccuracies....but a little duplicitous IMO.. for example we produced more oil in Biden's first year in office than in Trump's first year (I wonder why)....and Biden is reducing the deficit a year after the highest deficit in history - after the $trillions given away to thwart the pandemic (again, I wonder how in the world Biden was able to accomplish the deficit reduction). Notice he didn't compare oil production today against production during Trump's last year. And, he didn't mention how much his administration is adding to the debt each year.
Also using senator Scott's position as the Republican's position is inaccurate. yes Scott wrote an oped on his plan. But the Republican conference stated publicly that Scott's plan is NOT the republican plan. An analogy would be Representative jaypal's or Bush's stated positions as Democrat party platforms. Again a little duplicitous.
Biden is a politician. He measures success on the basis of what he "will do" as opposed to what his "will dos" actually did. Like i said earlier we've been doing most of biden's plan for a while now and last month was highest inflation rate in what, 40 years? Maybe it would be a good idea to take a few different steps

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
There is global inflation. It has nothing to do with Biden and there is very little any President can do about it. Feel better now?

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
So, the largest economy in the world has no impact? Can you be any fking dumber?

He cannot.

Six years ago he was carrying the water for Obama's terrible job growth by claiming robots were taking jobs.

Today he is denying that dem policies have created massive inflation.

It's as if the entire first year of Biden's presidency he forgot us telling him this would happen as each policy was introduced.

NJ is as dumb as they come.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
There is global inflation. It has nothing to do with Biden and there is very little any President can do about it. Feel better now?

LOL... They have a good little cultist in you. Bidenflation is specific to Biden. Let's remember where the buck stops... lol...

US-COVID19-fiscal-response-Comparing-fiscal-responses-to-the-pandemic-2022.png

BW Lion

Apr 9, 2020
Had to wait for my wife outside at the hairdressers today and had the opportunity to listen to President Biden's speech on how we're going to defeat inflation, Now maybe it's just me, but I didn't hear anything different from what he's been saying for a while now. (although it did take him a little more time to get it right off the teleprompter) I heard a lot of what my plan "will do" and not a lot about what it has done. After all, we've been releasing oil from the reserve, talking about insulin, greedy oil companies and food companies for a while now and inflation has not abated. I did learn though that "ultra MAGA" republicans are bad guys and we certainly don't want them in power
I did find a couple of discrepancies in his speech though...not inaccuracies....but a little duplicitous IMO.. for example we produced more oil in Biden's first year in office than in Trump's first year (I wonder why)....and Biden is reducing the deficit a year after the highest deficit in history - after the $trillions given away to thwart the pandemic (again, I wonder how in the world Biden was able to accomplish the deficit reduction). Notice he didn't compare oil production today against production during Trump's last year. And, he didn't mention how much his administration is adding to the debt each year.
Also using senator Scott's position as the Republican's position is inaccurate. yes Scott wrote an oped on his plan. But the Republican conference stated publicly that Scott's plan is NOT the republican plan. An analogy would be Representative jaypal's or Bush's stated positions as Democrat party platforms. Again a little duplicitous.
Biden is a politician. He measures success on the basis of what he "will do" as opposed to what his "will dos" actually did. Like i said earlier we've been doing most of biden's plan for a while now and last month was highest inflation rate in what, 40 years? Maybe it would be a good idea to take a few different steps
Here’s what’s weird. US independent are ramping up their drilling (and associated fraccing) activity and are in the process of gradually adding significant new oil production.

The builds at Cushing are already signaling reduced pre-election price reductions

Last edited:

SR108

Jan 13, 2004
Don’t hold your breath. If anything they are doubling down.

• Angry
Reactions: The Spin Meister

PaoliLion

Nov 2, 2003
So, the largest economy in the world has no impact? Can you be any fking dumber?

Did you just have the nerve to call someone dumb?

My god - you need to learn your place in this country. You’re the low man on the totem pole and you need to show some respect

PaoliLion

Nov 2, 2003

You lost me at “waiting for my wife at the hairdresser”

Reactions: jopsujose

mijowe

Aug 6, 2021
LOL... They have a good little cultist in you. Bidenflation is specific to Biden. Let's remember where the buck stops... lol...

US-COVID19-fiscal-response-Comparing-fiscal-responses-to-the-pandemic-2022.png
CARES Act $2.2 Trillion under Trump
CAA $900 Billion under Trump
ARP $1.9 Trillion under Biden

BW Lion

Apr 9, 2020
My god - you need to learn your place in this country. You’re the low man on the totem pole
Dude,

You’ve admitted to marrying a professional leg-spreader.

Have you ever pondered how many “hotdogs” have successfully found their “bun” in your significant other, either pre or post maritally? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
Did you just have the nerve to call someone dumb?

My god - you need to learn your place in this country. You’re the low man on the totem pole and you need to show some respect
Learn my place? Spoken like a true racist pos.

Fayette_LION

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2004
The Big Guy is going to ban menthol vaps hoping it will fight inflation. That's his plan.

• Haha
Reactions: jjw165

royboy

Nov 9, 2001
Lewisville, NC

Biden isn’t fooling anyone ⁠— inflation is his fault and he has no solution to fix it​

The president set himself an easy task Tuesday — to show a dispirited public he cares about their painful straits. As he put it, “I want every American to know that I’m taking inflation very seriously and it’s my top domestic priority.”

Just not seriously enough to bring a single new idea to the table. Instead he fell back on tired tropes about how none of the historic increase in prices is his fault.

With Biden, the buck always stops somewhere else.

The two straw men he trotted out were familiar — the pandemic and the
Putin Price Hike. The latter coined phrase is as ridiculous as President Gerald Ford’s WIN gambit, for Whip Inflation Now, and will no doubt be just as effective economically and politically.

Asked by a reporter after his address whether he accepted any responsibility for the crisis, Biden said no, adding: “I think our policies help, not hurt.”

Saying so doesn’t make it true.

Nor was it credible for him to claim, again, that there is rampant price gouging by oil and lumber companies and beef distributors.

As usual, his performance was marred by a halting, stumbling delivery as if he were reading his speech for the first time. An even bigger problem is that his argument is no match for the reality Americans see and feel.

Consider these numbers: CNN reports 81% of the public thinks the government is not doing enough to combat inflation.

Fox reports that just 36% approve of Biden’s handling of the economy.