ADVERTISEMENT

I don't see a McSorley thread

tboyer

Sep 25, 2002
So many fantastic individual performances for both teams, but let's not forget Trace -- leads the offense to 570 yards and still about to lose the game. He's been beat up and sacked all game, he gets pounded every time he runs the ball, half his passes are batted down, he can't stay upright long enough to throw downfield.

And yet, 1:36 left and a TD needed to win the game -- and he finds a way.

That is really special. That was one of the grittiest, toughest, most gutsy things I have ever seen in sports. As amazing as Barkley was last night, what McSorley managed to do at the end of the game was amazing too.

It took two Heisman worthy performances from the leaders of this team to win this game.

So many fantastic individual performances for both teams, but let's not forget Trace -- leads the offense to 570 yards and still about to lose the game. He's been beat up and sacked all game, he gets pounded every time he runs the ball, half his passes are batted down, he can't stay upright long enough to throw downfield.

And yet, 1:36 left and a TD needed to win the game -- and he finds a way.

That is really special. That was one of the grittiest, toughest, most gutsy things I have ever seen in sports. As amazing as Barkley was last night, what McSorley managed to do at the end of the game was amazing too.

IMO if Trace had been able to make some simple throws and be consistent we aren't in that situation.

That said, what Trace has is the will to win. That's what showed last season and hopefully this season it will continue. People forget that in the Pitt game last year without a drop we win.

LdN

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT