ADVERTISEMENT

I don't know how to post photos but

I do not see any photo in your post, so I added my own.:)

fbb4f9548302010837820a1b07fcebbe.jpg

Last edited:
Actually, to add a photo, you copy the link and then click the landscape icon next to the smiley face. Paste it there, click insert, and you're done.

Reactions: PeetzPoolBoy
Well thank you. Diane and I are very close and I told her when I took the photo, "Didi (I call her Didi), I may post this on the McAndrew Board" and she said that would be OK.:)
Any pics of Didi in a size XXS PSU jersey?

Asking for a friend.

Reactions: Fac and fairgambit
did you actually see photo?

Yes. A photo of a Penn State QB wearing the road whites, #14, sitting with his head down. The tag line under the photo said "Sugar Bowl Not so Sweet for ex No. 1 Lions".

The only time that I can think of that PSU played in the Sugar Bowl as No. 1 and did not come out on top was 1979 Sugar Bowl. Fusina, who wore #14 was the QB. So I surmised that it was him.

The only other time Penn State was in the Sugar Bowl was end of 1972 season, and I don't think they were #1, and I don't think the QB wore #14.

Yes. A photo of a Penn State QB wearing the road whites, #14, sitting with his head down. The tag line under the photo said "Sugar Bowl Not so Sweet for ex No. 1 Lions".

The only time that I can think of that PSU played in the Sugar Bowl as No. 1 and did not come out on top was 1979 Sugar Bowl. Fusina, who wore #14 was the QB. So I surmised that it was him.

The only other time Penn State was in the Sugar Bowl was end of 1972 season, and I don't think they were #1, and I don't think the QB wore #14.

Penn State lost to Alabama in 1975 Sugar Bowl 13-6.

1983 Sugar Bowl against those Dawgs. How about the Dawgs is all you heard pre-game. Buttons worn by many fans said "Herschel - Who's your daddy?

Agreed - but was the QB wearing #14?

I think it was John Andress, who was replaced by Fusina in 1976 at some point. If my memory is right, Andress wore #18. I apologize for missing the point you made originally about what #'s the QBs wore. I'll submit my Senior Get-of-Dumb-Posts-Free Card here. :)

I think it was John Andress, who was replaced by Fusina in 1976 at some point. If my memory is right, Andress wore #18. I apologize for missing the point you made originally about what #'s the QBs wore. I'll submit my Senior Get-of-Dumb-Posts-Free Card here. :)
no need to apologize it was just Ro . :D

Agreed - but was the QB wearing #14?
Ro, its taken me a while, but I think I recognize your sig pick.

Left to right its Bates, Gonzalez, Menet, McGovern, and Fries. Or, that may be Fries on the left and Bates on the right. Without the jersey numbers, I can't be 100% sure.

1983 Sugar Bowl against those Dawgs. How about the Dawgs is all you heard pre-game. Buttons worn by many fans said "Herschel - Who's your daddy?

They outnumbered us down there about 6 to 1. But not a one on Bourbon St after the game. Just joyous PSU fans going crazy. One of the best nights of my life, and one i’ll never forgot. Won’t forget those sweet Ga. girls either.

Reactions: Mixolydian
ADVERTISEMENT