ADVERTISEMENT

I’ve got to admit…

Petch

Mar 28, 2012
I’m listening to the Vision Quest soundtrack right now.

Just ran across the Market Street bridge with Journey’s Only the Young cranking. As soon as John Waite comes on, I’m climbing my peg board!

(Ok…that second paragraph was a lie.)

Gawd. I miss the 80’s! Madonna was cute and much less annoying.

I’m listening to the Vision Quest soundtrack right now.

Just ran across the Market Street bridge with Journey’s Only the Young cranking. As soon as John Waite comes on, I’m climbing my peg board!

(Ok…that second paragraph was a lie.)

Gawd. I miss the 80’s! Madonna was cute and much less annoying.
Cute. Madonna was hot as balls whatever that means

Forget Madonna. I’ll take Debbie Harry or Patty Smyth any day over Madonna.
I'm glad you spelled Patty Smyth the way you did. She was cutie that fronted Scandal. She is married to John McEnroe.
If you would of spelled it Patti Smith who covered Springsteen's Because The Night, I would of questioned your eyesight.
I tried to post images but had no luck.???

Reactions: Hotshoe
I'm glad you spelled Patty Smyth the way you did. She was cutie that fronted Scandal. She is married to John McEnroe.
If you would of spelled it Patti Smith who covered Springsteen's Because The Night, I would of questioned your eyesight.
I tried to post images but had no luck.???
I think Patty Smyth should have been a bigger star than she was. Don't know why that didn't happen.

Reactions: Hotshoe
Who is Adam Goldberg lol
giphy.gif

Forget Madonna. I’ll take Debbie Harry or Patty Smyth any day over Madonna.
There is an 83% chance that you won't get the opportunity to choose any of the above, but if you did, you would take any of the 3 choices you got. :) And be darn happy about it!!!

I think Patty Smyth should have been a bigger star than she was. Don't know why that didn't happen.
Her passing up the chance to join Van Halen probably wasn't the best decision in that area.

There is an 83% chance that you won't get the opportunity to choose any of the above, but if you did, you would take any of the 3 choices you got. :) And be darn happy about it!!!
Au contraire, if I posted a photo of my wife when we were younger and living in San Diego, I think you would readily agree that she could have competed with any of them! No need to choose.

Reactions: 1AA
The author of Vision Quest was Terry Davis. Davis spent time studying at the University of Iowa’s Writers Workshop before going to Stanford where he wrote Vision Quest. True story.

Great thread BTW. That was a fun OP. I’m just messing around bc I tease that threads here always end up being about Iowa.

Reactions: Petch and 1AA
The author of Vision Quest was Terry Davis. Davis spent time studying at the University of Iowa’s Writers Workshop before going to Stanford where he wrote Vision Quest. True story.

Great thread BTW. That was a fun OP. I’m just messing around bc I tease that threads here always end up being about Iowa.
He used to live in same town as we do now. Not sure if he still does.

Reactions: bluroptimo

That was such an iconic movie...with so much cheesy 80's goodness!

Elmo's "6 minutes" speech should have garnered him some Best Supporting Actor consideration.

These guys get into the flick for over an hour...great stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT