ADVERTISEMENT

I’m sitting here slitting my wrists.

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
No, not because of JAMES. FRANKLIN. :eek: I’m sitting in Starbucks ( :eek: ), and two women are sitting nearby gabbing away. NO. FLAGS. :eek: NO. FLAGS. :eek: NO. FLAGS. :eek: They aren’t FLAG. :eek: -worthy. Anyway, one of them yells every sentence and talks in that Valley Girl timbre. It is hard to describe it in words, but I’m sure you’ve heard it. It’s like my head is in a vice and she is tightening it. :eek:

It’s not “um”. It’s “em”. The last word of her sentences trails. “We made our reservationnnnnnns.” Someone shoot me.

:eek:

It’s called vocal fry. Girls do it on purpose. Usually in jersey.

No, not because of JAMES. FRANKLIN. :eek: I’m sitting in Starbucks ( :eek: ), and two women are sitting nearby gabbing away. NO. FLAGS. :eek: NO. FLAGS. :eek: NO. FLAGS. :eek: They aren’t FLAG. :eek: -worthy. Anyway, one of them yells every sentence and talks in that Valley Girl timbre. It is hard to describe it in words, but I’m sure you’ve heard it. It’s like my head is in a vice and she is tightening it. :eek:

It’s not “um”. It’s “em”. The last word of her sentences trails. “We made our reservationnnnnnns.” Someone shoot me.

I don’t often respond to your shows of outrage, but this one is especially worthy. It’s like they like try to outdo each otherrrrrr.

Oh, and Starbucks is soooooo overrrrrated!

I don’t often respond to your shows of outrage, but this one is especially worthy. It’s like they like try to outdo each otherrrrrr.

I give you two thumbs up PSU Mike.

Bob, demlion here. It strikes me that, perhaps, you are not cut out for the suburban/urban
lifestyle which is causing you such angst and despair. Instead, perhaps you should try a retreat to some exurban paradise such as WV. You can purchase Starbucks' coffee and pastries online and enjoy tonging them to your heart's content in the solitude of your own home utterly uninterrupted by neighbors, salesmen and Valley-Girl-wannabes. Sure, when you go into town it is like going outside the gates in The Walking Dead, but a sharpened pair of tongs stabbed through the skull of all who offend you takes care of that.

As much as your pain is my gain, and as much as I derive pleasure from your rage at the ordinary foibles of people just being people, it might be time for a break. Some quiet sunsets, some peaceful mornings of birdsong and rippling waters, or a fistful of Lithium every 6 hours, might soothe your anguished heart.

Uptalk and vocal fry.

It’s awful.

Reactions: nits74 and N&B4PSU

It was maddening. The other woman wasn’t so annoying, but one is one too many.

And the Chestnut Praline Latte and Gingerbread Biscotti were not overrated. :eek:

And the Chestnut Praline Latte and Gingerbread Biscotti were not overrated. :eek:
My wife orders some kind of chai latte thing with almond milk. I make fun of her for it and (the few times I ever drink starbucks’ garbage coffee) order the normal American coffee—when necessary identifying it as cheapest coffee they have. Mine is about a buck of the approx. $8-9 order.

But as much as I mock, it’s good you can order and pay for the chestnut prailine latte. Really. Hold your head up high and order that drink. Enjoy it. And God bless.

I have a razor if you need one.

Hey I call that a win win as they aren't sitting in silence staring at non nonsensical Instagram, Facebook, and false news on their phones and not interacting at all.

Confuscious say:

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

Winners never quit, and quitters never win.

Nobody likes a quitter.

AA is for quitters.

The only time I've ever been in a Starbucks was to take a leak during Mardi Gras. I didn't use tongs either.

images

Do you ever notice most of your problems occur at Starbucks? Maybe you need to stop going there. Just a thought.

Reactions: Osprey Lion
Hey I call that a win win as they aren't sitting in silence staring at non nonsensical Instagram, Facebook, and false news on their phones and not interacting at all.

You weren't there. Silence would have been much better.

I always said that Starbucks coffee is too damn strong.:eek: Now :eek: I :eek: know :eek: it! :eek:
You ever listen to milennial females talk? We should have a thread just about that.

Last edited:

You appear to have a rough life.

So that’s what they call it when the tongs fail and a candy bar drops into a fifty cent cup of coffee? ;) Now I will grant a small variance for the 3 pack of Petite Vanilla Bean scones...:oops:

So that’s what they call it when the tongs fail and a candy bar drops into a fifty cent cup of coffee? ;) Now I will grant a small variance for the 3 pack of Petite Vanilla Bean scones...:oops:

:D

The Vanilla Bean Scones are good!

ADVERTISEMENT