ADVERTISEMENT

HWC Open poll

Are you going to watch the HWC Showdown Open?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure

• What's an HWC?

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm just curious if the price point is too high. And we haven't had a poll in a while.
I think it is definitely too high for 9 matches, for a non-Iowa fan, many of which are not that exciting. There are maybe 2 or 3 matches that I would be interested in. Also, Track charges $30 to watch the world championships which is well worth it. That being said, I would have paid $30 for the NLWC event bc I am a fan.

Yes Too High! Paid 10 bucks for NLWC card. Some interesting matchups, but the Lee match up was disappointing.I think I would pay $22.50 to see Desanto get his face planted by Meredith!

If I have time I will probably watch it, it is less than the price of two Tom Collins drinks at the bar in the building I work at (or used to work at before we were sent home in March)

I agree with you guys. $30 is too steep. I think Track charged $20 for the AWA event and if memory serves me the whole World Championships have been $30. It is a shame that they are charging so much. That being said they may publish a code closer to the event making in $20 or $25.

I agree with you guys. $30 is too steep. I think Track charged $20 for the AWA event and if memory serves me the whole World Championships have been $30. It is a shame that they are charging so much. That being said they may publish a code closer to the event making in $20 or $25.
Maybe they can publish a cheat code to make the HWC a little better. So the HWC has Spenser Lee... then a bunch of bridesmaids? Geesh... awful thin on top tier talent at Iowa. 😇

I think they out priced themselves for the non-Iowa fan. The Rokfin model is interesting and priced to attract viewers.

The pricing seems especially not well-thought out given that comparable and more compelling events have been recently organized and priced far under $30. I mean, the market was set, and then they came strolling in with the same product only 3x as expensive.

I would have paid 10 for it. Not an Iowa fan. if it were PSU, 30 would tempt me. We are lucky with Cael and Rokfin.

Reactions: PABulldogs
Not buying, though I would have at $10, even $15, just to watch some wrestling. Can surely follow along somehow, getting recaps from fans, or catch up the next day ... there's only a couple bouts I'm really interested in.

Reactions: PSU Mike
Perhaps some of the 15 lads who voted yes on this poll can throw us a few bones and post some updates.

Last edited:
The pricing seems especially not well-thought out given that comparable and more compelling events have been recently organized and priced far under $30. I mean, the market was set, and then they came strolling in with the same product only 3x as expensive.

I might be wrong (doubtful) but I don’t think it is even the same product. Ten bones got a month worth of access to all Rokfin content, which happened to include the NLWC event. This $30 fiasco is event only.

Reactions: tikk10
I'm jonesing for some wrestling but I'm not spending anything to watch their newest form of social.distancing free style or otherwise

Free undercard!!

Match announcements coming in the next few days. Hoping to see Warner and Assad.

Just sayin, you guys can get in on the action too....

I mean, the market was set, and then they came strolling in with the same product only 3x as expensive.
Awfully generous use of the term "same product" here, Tikk.
Just messing with you. @RoarLions1 tells me that when I use the smiley face, it lets people know that I'm joking.
I'm glad to see that a man in your condition can still smiley face. ;) Hope the recovery is going well.

I'm glad to see that a man in your condition can still smiley face. ;) Hope the recovery is going well.
Coming around pretty well. About half my walks around the house are now with a cane, instead of the walker, and the strength/stability improvements have been dramatic in the last four or five days. Thanks!

Sheesh, tough crowd....

Just in case you missed it, these 8 matches can be watched for free on Trackwrestling. Starts at 4pm central.
I’ll take all the live wrestling I can get! Hell put Warner against Wilke, Assad vs Morningstar and Teasdale vs 70 yr old nun and I’ll tune in. I got to watch the Super 32 bc I can’t figure out how to cancel Flo without losing money and it was great.

Coming around pretty well. About half my walks around the house are now with a cane, instead of the walker, and the strength/stability improvements have been dramatic in the last four or five days. Thanks!
Good to hear. Did you ever determine the cause?

I’ll take all the live wrestling I can get! Hell put Warner against Wilke, Assad vs Morningstar and Teasdale vs 70 yr old nun and I’ll tune in. I got to watch the Super 32 bc I can’t figure out how to cancel Flo without losing money and it was great.
I am taking the Nun against Teasdale.

Reactions: 7brwnpsu

Tbf, hawk fans would say the same thing about your cards. The matches are a lot more compelling if you're a fan of the team involved.

Tbf, hawk fans would say the same thing about your cards. The matches are a lot more compelling if you're a fan of the team involved.
Ouch. No need for ad hominem attacks, friend. I'm working on making weight.
39093_TBF.png

ADVERTISEMENT