ADVERTISEMENT

HWC is having a streaming event Nov 1st

"He's not a threat to David Taylor, in the experts eyes. In our eyes, he is."

Time to get in for your annual eye exam, Tom. Sammy Brooks got wrecked by an 18 year old, under weight Aaron Brooks.
He lost a sloppy back and forth match and then came back and teched him 10-0 in the first period on the backside.

Definitely not a threat to DT, but what coach is going to say "yeah, my guy can't accomplish his goals."

Reactions: moug
He lost a sloppy back and forth match and then came back and teched him 10-0 in the first period on the backside.

Definitely not a threat to DT, but what coach is going to say "yeah, my guy can't accomplish his goals."
Went back to check that bracket out again--forgot that Aaron has already faced Pfarr (flo payway) too--he lost 5-5 on criterea in the consi semis; it was a very entertaining match. Pretty sure he was wrestling hurt at that tourney, so it will be all the more interesting to see the rematch.

Last edited:
Went back to check that bracket out again--forgot that Aaron has already faced Pfarr (flo payway) too--he lost 5-5 on criterea in the consi semis; it was a very entertaining match. Pretty sure he was wrestling hurt at that tourney, so it will be all the more interesting to see the rematch.
He looked healthy to me until the final gut wrench to get teched against Brooks where it looked like he hurt his elbow a bit.

To me, it looked like a young guy with talent who got big brothered against older, more experienced competitors. No shame in that. Sammy Brooks in particular is a guy who can get in really sloppy shootouts. In the second match, he just stayed basic and bullied Aaron with strength and size.

Reactions: jtothemfp
I recall @Johnbrooks confirming that his knee was still healing during that period and into 2020. Then he was starting to wrestle healthy towards the end of the season as his results showed.

I recall @Johnbrooks confirming that his knee was still healing during that period and into 2020. Then he was starting to wrestle healthy towards the end of the season as his results showed.
I forgot about that knee injury the previous year. That could definitely explain some of the early inconsistencies. He was my pick to win it last year.

Reactions: jtothemfp
ADVERTISEMENT