ADVERTISEMENT

HWC is having a streaming event Nov 1st

Gilman said on Bosch podcast they tried to get Spencer. Something along the lines of “if he came here, they were afraid he would never leave.” I think. Don’t quote me on that.

@BrucePa vision was almost true!!! That was Cael's plan all along, to host a Rokfin event, get Spencer to come and then he'd never leave. Too bad HWC nipped it at the bud.

• Haha
Reactions: BrucePa
amattaro said:
Gilman said on Bosch podcast they tried to get Spencer. Something along the lines of “if he came here, they were afraid he would never leave.” I think. Don’t quote me on that.

I listened to the Podcast again. Gilman was talking about wanting to wrestle Spencer. Gilman stated, "They (presumably the Iowa coaching staff and/or Spencer) shot that one down real quickly. They don't want to wrestle Gilman here in Pennsylvania". He also mentioned that Micic did not accept the offer to wrestle him. Gilman may have had other things to say regarding Spencer, but I quit listening after finding the quote in question.

How do you guys take Cael's Oct ???.

I'm thinking he"s planning another NLWC event to keep those top notch athletes busy. Practicing without goals and events to look forward to would be monotonous. If I'm correct and he pulls out another event in late October, I'm sure HWC and the HR will appreciate getting the wrestling community warmed up by Penn State athletes. :rolleyes:

They’ll have a bunch of fat, pale manikins with neck beards and Carhartt jackets in the stands. One arm raised, of course. Gotta make the scenery match the audio.

HWC misspells their own guy's name ...

Looks like they fixed it just for you!

HWCOSOEiermanKhinch.jpg

2nd match announced is Kem vs Gantt. So far I have the Hawkeyes going 0-2.

Kemerer has a very winnable match. Gantt just recently lost to McFadden and I personally feel that Kemerer is the more talented wrestler.

What is it about the matchup that makes you think he will lose?

Gantt has a lot of senior level experience, so he can definitely win, but I agree: MK has the better upside.

Last edited:
Reactions: jrod65
Kemerer has a very winnable match. Gantt just recently lost to McFadden and I personally feel that Kemerer is the more talented wrestler.

What is it about the matchup that makes you think he will lose?

I understand and appreciate that point of view. However, I have a really tough time picturing Kemerer not winning this match.

Yeah, I think Kem will be too big and strong for Gantt. What weight are they wrestling? Going from memory isn't Gantt on the slight side?

ADVERTISEMENT