Huge Covid super spreading event amongst children at camp in Georgia

Discussion in 'Test/Politics Board' started by NJPSU, Aug 1, 2020.

1. NJPSU

NJPSU Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Does not bode well for upcoming school year.

2. pawrestlersintn

pawrestlersintn Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Exactly what we need. I would even encourage them to put every last kid in the camp into a large room and get them singing/yelling/coughing/ sneezing on each other. Then, send them home for hugs and kisses with mom and dad, but keep them away from Granny.

m.knox, WeR0206 and psuted like this.
  3. NJPSU

NJPSU Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Sign your kid up.

rumble_lion and macdad25 like this.
  4. macdad25

macdad25 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Just keep them away from Granny. And mom and dad. And the camp directors. And kids don’t die from it.

rumble_lion likes this.
  5. pawrestlersintn

Expand Collapse

My kid is deployed on a submarine right now, so he can't make it.

Crayfish57, WeR0206, psuted and 3 others like this.
  6. LaJolla Lion

LaJolla Lion Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Not really surprised. Most schools shut down before it got to the schools. The thing is we don't know the long term effects and really what the transmission rate is with the kids. So for every idiot screaming herd immunity there are actual people working in the field saying we don't yet which somehow isn't allowed in 2020.....but the Qanon idiots that somehow got a voice under President Snowflake seem to think they now know everything already. If they don't like the news, they simply call it fake.....basically they checked out on reality for whatever reason.

The science has been all over the place because it is new, but the dark web folks apparently are all experts......minus a degree or any real type of scientific background. What if any of those kids have an immune deficiency.....will the idiots saying this is great be cheering then? The level of stupidity and delusion keeps peaking for some reason....it's amazing how far down the rabbit hole some have gone.

Grove Lion, rumble_lion and 2lion70 like this.
  7. tIUguy2

tIUguy2 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I thank him (through you) for his service. My youngest daughter flies an E-P3 out of Whidbey Island NAS.

franklinman and psuted like this.
  8. psuted

psuted Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Looks like this Eric Feigl-Ding character is right out of Communist China. What does Bradd Jaffey have to say about this?

Crayfish57 and WeR0206 like this.
  9. BoulderFish

BoulderFish Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

So, one of the teachers/counselors had Covid, didn't wear a mask, and spread it to the kids?

How did this idiot "doctor" conclude from this that Covid spreads in kids?

How would this have any effect on upcoming school opening plans (other than to make sure teachers wear a mask when in proximity to the kids)?

roswelllion, m.knox and psuted like this.
  10. DingerzForDaze

DingerzForDaze Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

That's fine. We'll just bring someone covid-positive onto the sub, and allow them to cough into the mouths of everyone on the sub. Since you're promoting intentionally getting other folks' kids sick, you will certainly push for this to happen, correct?

11. 2lion70

2lion70 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Some kids have died from CV-19. Having an attitude like there is no risk is simply ignorant. Let's wait to see how all those infected kids turn out before declaring a victory. There have also been long term severe symptoms, not always fatal but serious.

12. Sullivan

Sullivan Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Bombshell

m.knox likes this.
  13. WeR0206

WeR0206 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Far more kids die from flu every year. It’s sad but its a risk that our country deals with every flu season without completely shutting down.

royboy likes this.
  14. DingerzForDaze

Expand Collapse

Now, I know how you've been tied to your crazy assumptions, without any facts, since the beginning of this ... and how you've continually promoted these assumptions, trying to cover up for your lack of evidence and scientific thinking by yelling "I'm a science guy!" without actually utilizing anything scientific ...

But even you have to understand that the most likely (and by "most likely" I mean, the only realistic) way for this large of a percentage of people from one camp to become infected is via the normal exponential spreading patterns of viruses, where 1 carrier spreads it to another, and those 2 spread it to 4, and so on.

The assumption that one carrier individually spread it to 260 people in discrete events ... and that, somehow, those who became infected, were able to become infected from that 1 person, but not from all the other carriers who were infected by that one person ... well, I've seen a lot of stupid things said on this board ... some of them obviously the result of drugs, alcohol or mental breakdowns ... some not even literate ... but your post is probably the worst of all of them. It's even worse than when Catch runs into a thread and randomly disparages NASA because he's lonely and needs attention.

NJPSU, Grove Lion and 2lion70 like this.
  15. 2lion70

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

It's nice to see people willing to have increased deaths, even in children, to make their political point. What degree of 'risk' do you think is warranted? How many children need to get sick or die for you to be happy?

rumble_lion likes this.
  16. pawrestlersintn

Expand Collapse

Thanks, and same to your daughter.

17. rumble_lion

rumble_lion Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

It's nice to see people willing to have increased deaths, even in children, to make their political point. What degree of 'risk' do you think is warranted?

Usually they are ok with the risk until it hits someone in their family.

18. psuted

psuted Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Hell, the Democrats running these cities have killed more kids with their incompetent, irresponsible, and insane policies than Cuomo-19 could ever come close to killing.

Sullivan, I am Ironman and WeR0206 like this.
  19. WeR0206

Expand Collapse

Huh? I don’t want to see any kids die. Wtf is wrong with you? I’m simply pointing out the fact that every year hundreds of kids die from the flu and yet I don’t see any hand wringing from you or calls to keep the economy closed over that. They are more at risk of dying from the flu than covid19. Thats a fact. Just like the flu we need to accept a certain amount of risk to keep society functioning.

20. psuted

psuted Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

How many kids do you want to kill, emotionally damage, and thwart their learning experience by having them cowering in a corner.

Sullivan, royboy and WeR0206 like this.
  21. WeR0206

Expand Collapse

This ^^^. We’ve probably lost more kids from suicides and drug abuse from from the lockdown than we have to covid19.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2020/t0724-new-resources-tools-schools.html

22. royboy

royboy Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

From the Atlanta Journal-Constitution piece on the camp outbreak, stats overall for state of Georgia

There have been 12,290 confirmed cases among children 5 to 17 in Georgia, with 165 hospitalizations and one death, an analysis of state data shows.

https://www.ajc.com/news/coronaviru...gia-camp-outbreak/NZDPEZRRUNHT7CVE43JOPUAVSY/

WeR0206 likes this.
  23. 2lion70

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

The camp mentioned with the huge outbreak was in Georgia - a state with a repub gov.. I didn't see any mention of the camp being in a city.
    The virus is Trump-19 since it is a country wide pandemic.

Grove Lion and macdad25 like this.
  24. macdad25

macdad25 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Still comparing it to the flu Q?
    We are being dragged down by knuckleheads.

Grove Lion likes this.
  25. 2lion70

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Keeping children safe does not mean they are cowering in a corner. You have no empathy and let your politics dictate. Politics are a very poor excuse for reasoning. It's also easy to tell others to put their children at risk when parents are meant to protect their families and keep them safe.
    If you want to expose yourself and your family to the risk of infection and possible death, please do so. But you have no moral or other authority to recommend others do the same. Shame on you and all the other cold-hearted folks who love to risk the lives of others. No matter how small the risk, it is too great to be taking that risk with the lives of children.

Grove Lion likes this.
  26. PaoliLion

PaoliLion Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

This doesn't surprise me. There's not much social distancing or masks in Trump country. The stores require you to wear masks, but that's about it. I was camping in several state parks this past week and I didn't see a single mask. There were 10-15 kids at the playground also playing together...no masks. I'm starting to think that Trumpers are a cult

27. psuted

psuted Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

It’s fine if you insist on cowering in a corner and screwing up the lives of your kids and grandkids, but teachers need to get back to work so that my grandkids don’t become victims like yours.

WeR0206 likes this.
  28. psuted

psuted Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Georgia doesn’t have such a dismal track record with people that died from Cuomo-19. The governor of Georgia has done an excellent job navigating this pandemic in a smart and reasonable way, without killing off his constituency. On the other hand, the blue state governors are responsible for more than 50% of the deaths in the country. And NY state has as many deaths as the COUNTY of Italy. Let that sink in.

WeR0206 likes this.
  29. WeR0206

Expand Collapse

More teens/kids are dying from the lockdown (via suicide and drug abuse) than from covid. More kids die from flu than from covid. Your positions are completely irrational and unsustainable.

This one’s for you:

psuted likes this.
  30. m.knox

m.knox Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

One step closer to herd immunity.

WeR0206 likes this.
  31. m.knox

m.knox Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

LOL... Reminds me of the democrat teacher down the street. She runs a camp every summer. I thought it would be canceled this year. To my surprise, parents were lined up at 4 PM picking their kids up last week.... Good to see democrats taking this thing seriously.

32. pawrestlersintn

Expand Collapse

Please tell me you don't allow your kids to travel
    You never let your kids play football, did you?
    https://www.motherjones.com/media/2015/10/high-school-football-death-camron-matthews/

33. m.knox

m.knox Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, you have all the empathy. You HOARD it.... lmfao..... You hoard all the morality too!!! You are the best!! lol...

royboy and psuted like this.
  34. psuted

psuted Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

2lying doesn’t have any empathy for the kids. He’s just interested in screwing the kids and the country for cheap politics.

WeR0206 and m.knox like this.
  35. BoulderFish

BoulderFish Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

{sigh}

First of all, I'm not actually saying a single person spread it to everyone else. I don't know the dynamics of the spread, and my point was that neither does the tweeter "doctor" -- and to make the point, I posted as if the the other end of the extreme is what happened.

There are so many different ways this spread could have occurred, and yes, more than likely, there were multiple sources of transmission.

With that said, I'm not sure why you think that in big group events/settings like this, one person can't infect many (relatively speaking). It's not like a person runs out of infectable virus after infecting a certain amount of people. If one camp counselor showed up contagious, there's no reason they couldn't have infected every kid -- or a high percentage of the kids -- with which they came in contact over the five or six days of the camp. Heck, maybe an infected counselor or attendee sneezed on the box of pencils that were being handed out to every camper on their way in.

The camp was only five or six days, so while we don't know the spread pattern, there wasn't a lot of time for exponential spread. This was more than likely a few spreading it to many -- That is something that science allows, Dinger.

I really should bill you for all of this knowledge I'm providing you. You're clearly a relatively smart guy, but scientific knowledge is clearly one area where you're severely lacking. And I don't mean that as an insult, as it seems 98% of our population is severely lacking in it.

36. DingerzForDaze

Expand Collapse

So, you admitted your ridiculous error, tried to cover it up as you just stating one possibility (it isn't - it's completely asinine), and denied the obvious reality. And then tried to hashtag it as science to cover up your failure.

I literally laughed out loud when I read your musing that there wasn't much time for exponential transmission (that would be hysterically stupid just on its own) ... and your alternative explanation was that one person had time to personally infect the same amount of people in that short amount of time. That's a true scientific mind at work. There's no coming back from that one.

You poor thing.

36 DingerzForDaze, Aug 1, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  37. 2lion70

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

[QUOTE="WeR0206, post: 4997160, member: 10338"]More teens/kids are dying from the lockdown (via suicide and drug abuse) than from covid. More kids die from flu than from covid. Your positions are completely irrational and unsustainable.

This one’s for you:
    [/QUOTE]
    Ok please share the data to support your claim. It's easy to make wild claims but I haven't seen any huge spike in kids committing suicide because they want to go to school.

38. WeR0206

Expand Collapse

Suicides are up bc child abuse is up (domestic abuse is also up). It’s not being caught as much (one of the main ways child abuse is noticed/reported is via teachers in school).

Go here, then search in the page for “suicide” to find the particular part of his testimony mentioning adolescent suicide being up right now:

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2020/t0724-new-resources-tools-schools.html

39. interrobang

interrobang Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

There are more pennies in a dollar than kids who have died from covid