ADVERTISEMENT

Hudson Clement, a senior at Martinsburg HS,

I guess I'll repeat myself, what does Curt Warner have to do with a kid that that ZERO schollie offers from the 258 FBS and FCS football programs?
The point of mentioning WV is that it is a small state with a smaller pool of talent that others. Generally speaking, it's like playing in PA at a 2A school vs 4A.

They beat the number 2 ranked 5-A team in the state of Virginia on the Virginia team's Home Field. A 5-A team in Virginia is the equivalent of a lower level enrollment 6-A team in PA. This Virginia team they beat (they also beat others, and an Ohio team on the road) would have the 5th largest enrollment in the entire WPIAL,

These guys don't look like they are playing all hillbilly chumps. Whatever the WV pool of talent is, it's sure kicking some city slickin, out of state a$$.

Derek Dowrey was from Martinsburg
I recall that his dad was the the FB coach. I assume this his is dads team. 1:30 AM I don’t feel like confirming but I thought I read that Derek was getting into coaching so maybe he is on staff too

DL Steve Roach from a while back was also from Martinsburg

Reactions: WeARE and demlion
They beat the number 2 ranked 5-A team in the state of Virginia on the Virginia team's Home Field. A 5-A team in Virginia is the equivalent of a lower level enrollment 6-A team in PA. This Virginia team they beat (they also beat others, and an Ohio team on the road) would have the 5th largest enrollment in the entire WPIAL,

These guys don't look like they are playing all hillbilly chumps. Whatever the WV pool of talent is, it's sure kicking some city slickin, out of state a$$.
Hudson has a little brother named Murphy Clement who was a soph this year. Murph was hurt for the title game. When they played Highland Valley, the 5A Va team, Murphy ran wild from his spot as QB and RB. Long TDs with the whole defensive backfield chasing him. The announcers said several of those guys who lost ground to Murphy all the way to the endzone, have D1 offers.

The evidence is beginning to point to a personal interest here. Demlion is either related to this kid....grandson, great nephew, or something. Or he is expecting to be the kid’s agent when NFL negations roll around in a few years.
It'd be funny if it were not so stupid. Oh wait, that's fairly common from some here.

[“Going back to the original OP, we have a kid playing in WV. There are diamonds in the rough, but PSU should not be in the rough diamond business”.]

I don’t know anything about this kid or how good he actually is. But I know another kid that played “in WV” a few years back at a high school about one fourth the size of Martinsburg that was exponentially better than any of plodding, dancing mules we have at Penn State right now. In fact, he would be the best back in the Big Ten, if not the entire Country right now.

If I’m not mistaken, I believe this WV hillbilly’s name was something along the lines of…..hmmmm…..I believe it was something like “Curt Warner”. Anybody ever hear of him????

These “great” RBs we have on our team right now were all highly recruited. Big deal. My guess is that this kid could easily run rings around them all, they are that pathetically bad and SLOOOOOW.

If he can’t? Who cares? At least I have a hunch that down there in blue collar West Virginia, they’ve at least taught him how to make his own holes in short yardage situations, and not freakin dance around like some bobble headed clown.

The myth that will not die among the unknowing. This is funny...All of the above is true about Curt Warner except that he was not well known nor sought among the top Div 1 programs. That is a myth. He was a Parade All American his Sr season and happened to be ranked in the top 100 - 250 of most recruiting services at the time. Streeter and Smiths among others. Bad example.

Who cares?? We have the PA POY, top 50 player coming in as a RB. We got one at IMG coming in too. The cupboard is full at RB.
since Hudson Clement is a wideout, what f#cking difference does that make?

Last edited:
Please provide the links showing he is committed to Shepherd, LOL. (BTW, Shepherd is in the Dll Final Four.) NOT committed to Shepherd. I know the family, and have talked to his dad. Has preferred walk-on status at WVU and Marshall, and will likely get D1 offers from both of them, at least.
Here you go my friend...from 12/4. As a kid with zero schollie offers, there is very limited info. If you know the family, you certainly would have more info than the media that had no reason to call him.

Let me repeat, My comments are not about Hudson Clement. I wish him the best. But....
No school in the top 75% of the P5 (at least) should be aware of, or considering him because they should already be turning away players from a significant pool of known, rated players, who they have been tracking for years. None of these schools should be reaching for unrated kids in December of their senior year.
We talk about overall star ratings, while not perfect, are a damn good predictor of success. No school with a 3* average is regularly competing with teams with a mid to high 4* rating. Being aware of unrated kids is not upping the quotient.

Here you go my friend...from 12/4. As a kid with zero schollie offers, there is very limited info. If you know the family, you certainly would have more info than the media that had no reason to call him.

Let me repeat, My comments are not about Hudson Clement. I wish him the best. But....
No school in the top 75% of the P5 (at least) should be aware of, or considering him because they should already be turning away players from a significant pool of known, rated players, who they have been tracking for years. None of these schools should be reaching for unrated kids in December of their senior year.
We talk about overall star ratings, while not perfect, are a damn good predictor of success. No school with a 3* average is regularly competing with teams with a mid to high 4* rating. Being aware of unrated kids is not upping the quotient.
Your evidence is from an anonymous fool named "Wabalabadubdub?" lol.

Well, a big issue with high school kids is that some are late bloomers and have growth spurts later. Some even have growth spurts in college like Carl Nassib.

Others start football late and didn’t play from pee wee on up so are behind others in skill development and in attention. And some get stuck behind super stars. Others don’t have the money or connections to go to numerous clinics and coaching camps that the rating services use to find kids.

Maybe this kid is the real deal. Maybe he just needed some time to mature. Don’t have a clue. But he wouldn’t be the first kid to bloom late and drop below the radar of the bigguns. The NFL has many of them.

Well, a big issue with high school kids is that some are late bloomers and have growth spurts later. Some even have growth spurts in college like Carl Nassib.

Others start football late and didn’t play from pee wee on up so are behind others in skill development and in attention. And some get stuck behind super stars. Others don’t have the money or connections to go to numerous clinics and coaching camps that the rating services use to find kids.

Maybe this kid is the real deal. Maybe he just needed some time to mature. Don’t have a clue. But he wouldn’t be the first kid to bloom late and drop below the radar of the bigguns. The NFL has many of them.
Seems reasonable to me. Or, we could go with "Wabalabadubdub.:cool:"

Your evidence is from an anonymous fool named "Wabalabadubdub?" lol.

I know you are a democrat so logic and reason are generally difficult. Feel free to keep making emotional arguments.
I clearly stated that this was literally the ONLY info online about him and based on every available service, he is not rated and has zero FCS/FBS scholarship offers.
Last time I'm going to say it...none of these details matter. My thesis is still unassailable...no competitive P5 program can afford to be investing time on unrated seniors, with zero schollie offers in December of their senior year.

I know you are a democrat so logic and reason are generally difficult. Feel free to keep making emotional arguments.
I clearly stated that this was literally the ONLY info online about him and based on every available service, he is not rated and has zero FCS/FBS scholarship offers.
Last time I'm going to say it...none of these details matter. My thesis is still unassailable...no competitive P5 program can afford to be investing time on unrated seniors, with zero schollie offers in December of their senior year.
Jack Ham says hi.

So, 100 % of the only info online about him is false, at least 100% of the part you relied upon is false. Believing shit that isn't true, huh? Typical Republican sheep.

So, 100 % of the only info online about him is false, at least 100% of the part you relied upon is false. Believing shit that isn't true, huh? Typical Republican sheep.
You can attack me all you want. You still haven't countered my perfectly executed analysis.

What does Curt Warner have to do with anything?
That talent can come from anywhere.. True WV isn't loaded year in year out with talent, but it does put out some solid guys on occasion. Some damn good o lineman in the last few yrs. Martinsburg is a damn good program that plays teams all over the place, they beat Trace and his high school Briar Woods yrs ago when they were winning 3 straight VA titles. Honestly don't know about this kid, but the program is damn good.

Reactions: demlion
An update: Hudson Clement has accepted a Preferred Walk-on offer from WVU. I guess we will see him on September 2, 2023. :cool:

[“Going back to the original OP, we have a kid playing in WV. There are diamonds in the rough, but PSU should not be in the rough diamond business”.]

I don’t know anything about this kid or how good he actually is. But I know another kid that played “in WV” a few years back at a high school about one fourth the size of Martinsburg that was exponentially better than any of plodding, dancing mules we have at Penn State right now. In fact, he would be the best back in the Big Ten, if not the entire Country right now.

If I’m not mistaken, I believe this WV hillbilly’s name was something along the lines of…..hmmmm…..I believe it was something like “Curt Warner”. Anybody ever hear of him????

These “great” RBs we have on our team right now were all highly recruited. Big deal. My guess is that this kid could easily run rings around them all, they are that pathetically bad and SLOOOOOW.

If he can’t? Who cares? At least I have a hunch that down there in blue collar West Virginia, they’ve at least taught him how to make his own holes in short yardage situations, and not freakin dance around like some bobble headed clown.
Is it your guess that the moon is made of green cheese too. No offense but you haven’t seen him play and neither have I. So your “guess” that this kid “could easily run rings around the (RBs on PSU’s roster) is beyond laughable and I have been very critical of the “performance” of the RBs on last year’s roster.

Pos, Sean Lee, Derek Bochna among others were pretty good running backs in HS. Curtis Enis, Jim Kelly, and Jeff Hostetler were projected to play linebacker in college by the recruiting gurus. The game has changed now.

The kids all specialize from young ages both in school and in the summer camps. The gurus rely a lot on the camps because they can’t attend many games. The gurus award their stars based on camp performance and stats and highlight films sent to them. They cant do a full evaluation of a kid this way. The WV kid may be excelling but not at his true future position. The art of recruiting is replaced by measurables. Rough diamonds can be missed easily.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
ADVERTISEMENT