ADVERTISEMENT

HR - thoughts on kerk

It’s almost February, the season has not even started, and the season is almost over. Kerkvliet out. What a drag!

I am another one that has no sources so I will just repeat what was stated on FRL that it appears there was an injury to Kerkvliet but that it is not definite he is going to be out for the year. "not necessarily the reality" was their wording. Again I have no idea or insight so I am not trying to discredit what others have posted who know more than me.

Starts around the 23:40 mark.

Reactions: danoftw
I am another one that has no sources so I will just repeat what was stated on FRL that it appears there was an injury to Kerkvliet but that it is not definite he is going to be out for the year. "not necessarily the reality" was their wording. Again I have no idea or insight so I am not trying to discredit what others have posted who know more than me.

Starts around the 23:40 mark.

To be fair they were speculating as they said they had no info and only heard about it from the internet...and it is Flo-PSU, pretty sure anyone in the know is not feeding them info.

Reactions: danoftw
To be fair they were speculating as they said they had no info and only heard about it from the internet...and it is Flo-PSU, pretty sure anyone in the know is not feeding them info.
100% lol. Probably a better chance of Cael calling me to give the heads up than CP.

I honestly believe that, also, it is not like they would say "we heard it on Willie's new show".
Yes they read it.Spey posts occasionally.As far as having the inside track on information in the D1 circles Flo has lost that.

Did he get fired or was that just something Pat Mineo made up
It would not surprise me if he is still technically employed by them, just no longer on air or as noticeable. They have been mentioning him a lot. I guess in Flo's eyes it is better to be a creeper and forced to "quit" than someone who leaves on principal.

It would not surprise me if he is still technically employed by them, just no longer on air or as noticeable. They have been mentioning him a lot. I guess in Flo's eyes it is better to be a creeper and forced to "quit" than someone who leaves on principal.
I think I heard Nomad resigned voluntarily to make things easy, but they're clearly on good terms. Would not be shocked if he's back at some point.

Nomad is doing his own articles on paetron.Flo just doesn't view him as a threat so they still reference him.He also still mentions them.Willie as well will bring up Flo.Its just Flo fear of Willie.Which they should since he's crushing it on Rokfin

What does anyone think of Askrens idea to cut the non starters after the last match to minimize the risk of COVID disrupting the Bigs and NCAA? Interesting.

Do you have a source for that info? I thought the NCAA rule that was being tossed around last year was pretty clear on when you can/can't transfer, and the penalty for not complying.

To soothe my personal wound over all of this, I just took the last 4 minutes to watch the complete catalog of his matches whilst at NLWC. Kid has a bright future, hope he heals well first, and fast if possible.
Here's what Kerk had to say about it. Fast forward to the 17:35 mark....

Thanks! Hadn't seen that yet. So he has 4 of 5 left, even after this free year, no more redshirt, but 2024 is in-window for an ORS if he wants it.
The two young interviewers were bad enough to make your ears bleed (Kerk was a good sport), but they did get us that little nugget. :)

Reactions: jtothemfp
Hines Ward had a pretty good career with missing one ACL. The definition of the exception vs the rule. I dont know how athletes can perform at that level without an ACL.

@WildTurk , Barry Sanders juked Rod Woodson out of his ACL in the first game of the 1995 season. He was able to come back in time to play in the Super Bowl. I think he was the first football player to ever return from an ACL surgery in the same season. Some people are freaks of nature.
So true, Barry Sanders was a freak of nature.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Hines Ward had a pretty good career with missing one ACL. The definition of the exception vs the rule. I dont know how athletes can perform at that level without an ACL.

@WildTurk , Barry Sanders juked Rod Woodson out of his ACL in the first game of the 1995 season. He was able to come back in time to play in the Super Bowl. I think he was the first football player to ever return from an ACL surgery in the same season. Some people are freaks of nature.
Eric Desjardins of the Flyers played without an ACL in the final 5 years or so of his career. He tore it during the playoffs but kept playing and then never got it repaired.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
I never post but I thought I would eliminate any rumors flying around. Greg Jr. Is rehabbing and there is a strong possibility that timing will align with him making big tens. We will see what happens but he is in good spirits and focused on what is needed to accomplish his goals.

Greg Sr.

I never post but I thought I would eliminate any rumors flying around. Greg Jr. Is rehabbing and there is a strong possibility that timing will align with him making big tens. We will see what happens but he is in good spirits and focused on what is needed to accomplish his goals.

Greg Sr.
Thanks for the info and welcome to the board!

Greg Sr.

Wow that is great news for the kid, thanks for the update and please send him our thoughts and prayers!!

Greg Sr.
Don't worry, rumors will still tend to fly around. :( We're certainly grateful for the good news.

Reactions: nitlion6

Greg Sr.
Thank you Sir. Very hopeful news. If he makes it back this year... great! If not, he’s a Lion now. We can be patient.

Reactions: jack66

Greg Sr.
Thank you for sharing.
Best wishes to the kid.
Don't worry. Someone will be around to instruct you they heard differently and have a better source.

Greg Sr.

Saying that we're thrilled with your news is an understatement!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ja1339

Greg Sr.

great to hear! Please tell him that we are all wishing him well and praying for a speedy & full recovery!!

Greg Sr.

a hearty welcome to the board! and thanks for the update!

Greg Sr.
giphy.gif

Greg Sr.
His like to post ratio is John Brooks worthy!!!

Thank you for the update, welcome to the board, best wishes to your son, WE ARE!!

I read that Kerk Jr. healed in 4 months after his ACL tear. He must have access to a good support/rehab team. Also, his genetics, lifestyle, mental approach, yada yada(Seinfeld-S8E19,anyone?) must be there aswell. Good for him.

I'm sure he will indeed be back by the Big Ten Tournament now..(If that is indeed Kerk Sr. who posted..) How much does he even have to wrestle at B10's to qualify for nationals? Quick match and default? Its all about the Big Show in March, right?! His seed going in to nationals is irrelevant at this point. His biggest opponent is the clock right now

I'm sure he will indeed be back by the Big Ten Tournament now..(If that is indeed Kerk Sr. who posted..) How much does he even have to wrestle at B10's to qualify for nationals? Quick match and default?

I get this stuff confused, but I thought a wrestler needs 4 matches this year to be eligible for an at-large bid to NCAAs. So, assuming Kerk has zero matches heading into B10s, he would have to place high enough to earn one of the allocated automatic qualification spots for B10 285. I do not think "quick match and default" is an option. I may be wrong.

I get this stuff confused, but I thought a wrestler needs 4 matches this year to be eligible for an at-large bid to NCAAs. So, assuming Kerk has zero matches heading into B10s, he would have to place high enough to earn one of the allocated automatic qualification spots for B10 285. I do not think "quick match and default" is an option. I may be wrong.

Pretty sure you have it right.

Greg Sr.
fyry.gif

I'm sure he will indeed be back by the Big Ten Tournament now..(If that is indeed Kerk Sr. who posted..) How much does he even have to wrestle at B10's to qualify for nationals? Quick match and default? Its all about the Big Show in March, right?! His seed going in to nationals is irrelevant at this point. His biggest opponent is the clock right now
Must finish in the at or above the auto-qualifier number. So if the Big Ten gets 5 at 285, he must finish top-5 ... based on everything we know right now, meaning less than 4 bouts heading into the B1G Tournament AND he's healthy enough by tournament time.

"Wrestler with less than 4 matches would not be eligible for a pre-allocated spot for their conference, nor would they be considered for at-large selections. A wrestler who wins the conference championship with less than 4 matches may retain that AQ spot."

ADVERTISEMENT