ADVERTISEMENT

HR predicts Iowa NC - silliness

This is the time of year where Iowa gets all of their bluster back. The disappointment from March has worn off and once again they all think this is the Iowa team that will bring the title back to Iowa. It won't be.

Also, I'll making a prediction now. If RBY is the guy at 133lbs he will beat DeSanto.

If he weren't in the room every day working with Spencer I might agree, but for RBY as True frosh it will be very tough. Desanto has probably the fastest pace in the nation. A knock on him is he is a bit reckless & sloppy at times. It think a lot of that gets worked out of him this year. Even in a brutal class (Gross, Fix, Voldemort, Micic,., yikes!!!) I think he is really close to top 6-8.

That is of course unless he loses it while getting spanked daily by Lee, freaks out and gets kicked off the team for trying to wrench his knee in frustration into another ACL tear.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dogwelder
If he weren't in the room every day working with Spencer I might agree, but for RBY as True frosh it will be very tough. Desanto has probably the fastest pace in the nation. A knock on him is he is a bit reckless & sloppy at times. It think a lot of that gets worked out of him this year. Even in a brutal class (Gross, Fix, Voldemort, Micic,., yikes!!!) I think he is really close to top 6-8.

That is of course unless he loses it while getting spanked daily by Lee, freaks out and gets kicked off the team for trying to wrench his knee in frustration into another ACL tear.
DeSanto has always had a tough time with Mueller!

Brands if Marinelli ever beats Cenzo again:

Bi8O5BcCYAANrBM.jpg:large

Reactions: diggerpup
Gonna have to listen to this one. What weight do they have Bo going at? Do informed people really think he won't get a sub 2-minute fall? Maybe not against Warner, I guess...

Gonna have to listen to this one. What weight do they have Bo going at? Do informed people really think he won't get a sub 2-minute fall? Maybe not against Warner, I guess...

they have Teaz at 125 because he wins at the scuffle over teske, but with both RSing while schnupp mans it in 2018 (huh, I never heard that before)
133 RBY
141 Lee
149 Berge
157 Matrix
165 4xer
174 RrecHall
184 Rasheed
197 BoNi
Hwt VRaptor

seems similar to some posts on here this summer.....hmmmmmmmmmm

Reactions: diggerpup
they have Teaz at 125 because he wins at the scuffle over teske, but with both RSing while schnupp mans it in 2018 (huh, I never heard that before)
133 RBY
141 Lee
149 Berge
157 Matrix
165 4xer
174 RrecHall
184 Rasheed
197 BoNi
Hwt VRaptor

seems similar to some posts on here this summer.....hmmmmmmmmmm
I’m pretty sure I floated a double RS at 125 and Devin stepping up a month or two ago. Still makes some sense, but it may be wiser to stagger the redshirts depending on where Busiello projects.

Redshirting both makes zero sense to me, no matter from how many angles I examine the question.

For the Iowa match if it happens, any scenario will make little difference. Maybe the best we could do at 125 is lose by a major rather than fall

Redshirting both makes zero sense to me, no matter from how many angles I examine the question.
What if both kids need a redshirt year, for social, academic, or wrestling reasons? Not reasons fans often consider, but I'm glad our staff does.

I’m pretty sure I floated a double RS at 125 and Devin stepping up a month or two ago. Still makes some sense, but it may be wiser to stagger the redshirts depending on where Busiello projects.

They aren't saying to redshirt them both all year. They are saying that Devin will start until the scuffle (2018) where Teas and Teske will settle the starter, they will pull the winner's shirt then. So one of them does redshirt, but they don't have to decide which until the scuffle. I could see them doing this. Unless Teas can't make 125 of course.

They aren't saying to redshirt them both all year. They are saying that Devin will start until the scuffle (2018) where Teas and Teske will settle the starter, they will pull the winner's shirt then. So one of them does redshirt, but they don't have to decide which until the scuffle. I could see them doing this. Unless Teas can't make 125 of course.

Now that does make sense, yes I agree. There is no compelling reason to rush in and commit to burning one of the shirts vs the other in November. I am in the camp the Teas is growing and between the somewhat challenging cut and a more than able Teske which is an immediate upgrade over our stable of 125s,Teske will get the nod this year. I don't expect him to AA, but he will be solid enough.

Now that does make sense, yes I agree. There is no compelling reason to rush in and commit to burning one of the shirts vs the other in November. I am in the camp the Teas is growing and between the somewhat challenging cut and a more than able Teske which is an immediate upgrade over our stable of 125s,Teske will get the nod this year. I don't expect him to AA, but he will be solid enough.

The returners at 125 are less than deep if Suriano bumps up. I think Teske could AA, not sure I’d bet on it but a solid chance

The returners at 125 are less than deep if Suriano bumps up. I think Teske could AA, not sure I’d bet on it but a solid chance

Teske reminds me of (Nick) Lee. The kid has a motor that just doesn't stop. He can also get himself into trouble just like Lee did on a few occasions, last year.

Last edited:
Teske reminds me of Lee. The kid has a motor that just doesn't stop. He can also get himself into trouble just like Lee did on a few occasions, last year.
His non stop motor, always right there in your face approach. One loss in HS, tenacious as all get out with no quit.

Right now he reminds me of a different former Nittany Lion. We will see how things play out.

Reactions: pointingdogsrule
His non stop motor, always right there in your face approach. One loss in HS, tenacious as all get out with no quit.

Right now he reminds me of a different former Nittany Lion. We will see how things play out.

Totally agree, Nick Lee like as opposed to the savant Lee, high motor, a bit careless, and lacking elite physical strength which can hurt him a little. I agree both Voldemort and Fix both go 133, so things are definitely are a little more open at 125, and who knows, Teske could grow throughout the year like Nick Lee. He gets to work with Teasdale and RBY all year, so the potential for development is there. In that context maybe a low AA is not so far off, the key might be getting a good draw in the bracket on the other side from an early match with Spencer.

Totally agree, Nick Lee like as opposed to the savant Lee, high motor, a bit careless, and lacking elite physical strength which can hurt him a little. I agree both Voldemort and Fix both go 133, so things are definitely are a little more open at 125, and who knows, Teske could grow throughout the year like Nick Lee. He gets to work with Teasdale and RBY all year, so the potential for development is there. In that context maybe a low AA is not so far off, the key might be getting a good draw in the bracket on the other side from an early match with Spencer.
A key for any 125 pounder wanting to make a run at nationals benefits greatly from being on the side of the bracket that does not have Spencer's name in the mix.

I think most signs are pointing to Daton going 125--definitely makes the most sense in the context of Olympic aspirations. I'd be more than happy to watch 3 finals between Daton and Spencer.

I think most signs are pointing to Daton going 125--definitely makes the most sense in the context of Olympic aspirations. I'd be more than happy to watch 3 finals between Daton and Spencer.
I see the opposite. Without a dog in the race, I suspect he goes 133 as it makes the team better. Time will tell.

ADVERTISEMENT