ADVERTISEMENT

HR becomes Sixty Minutes

.... with its athletics facilities, athletic funding, close proximity to also OH & NJ, huge alumni support, etc etc, et al ....

"Carl" is no dummy.

------

HR should not be solely focused on PSU as the new clear #1, but also at tOSU as the new clear #2 in the Big Ten

Their RTC success.
Their recent past teams and elite rosters
OH has elite HS wrestling
And OSU is #2 in the USA in athletic dept budget behind only Univ of Texas.

HR can't be ignoring the horsepower that the Buckeyes have been building, either.
Just a guess, but I think if it was Ohio State that was running roughshod over wrestling instead of Penn State and Cael the Hawks could deal with it a bit better.
Tom Ryan is a Hawk and part of the Gable tree, so HR could claim Iowa and the Gable tradition continues through a Buckeye.

Cael is not part of the Gable legend other than he surpassed the Gable competitive legend. God forbid he surpasses the Gable coaching Legend. Plus Ohio State is truly a Big10 brother. Penn State is the red headed step brother who does it better.

Reactions: diggerpup
I for one want to change the tone of this thread and give Iowa some Recruiting Love. They were able to land The Bull away from tOSU. I for one thank you...Go Hawks!! And I heard it only took 4.74 of the 9.9, My extensive talk with Iowa University Compliance and a quick peak at the 3" binder revealed that due to a typo by Brands they are scholarship strapped for the foreseeable future.

Just a guess, but I think if it was Ohio State that was running roughshod over wrestling instead of Penn State and Cael the Hawks could deal with it a bit better.
Tom Ryan is a Hawk and part of the Gable tree, so HR could claim Iowa and the Gable tradition continues through a Buckeye.

Cael is not part of the Gable legend other than he surpassed the Gable competitive legend. God forbid he surpasses the Gable coaching Legend. Plus Ohio State is truly a Big10 brother. Penn State is the red headed step brother who does it better.
Dan Gable was indeed a great coach, but he did have the advantage of having double scholarships to work with for many of those championship years. All of Iowa’s scholarships were considered as “out of state” for accounting purposes. This resulted in those teams having twice as much $ to spend on recruits. This went on for a good many years, no denying it.
Can you imagine Cael & Co. with twice the scholarships to work with? - that’s just frucking frightening!

Dan Gable was indeed a great coach, but he did have the advantage of having double scholarships to work with for many of those championship years. All of Iowa’s scholarships were considered as “out of state” for accounting purposes. This resulted in those teams having twice as much $ to spend on recruits. This went on for a good many years, no denying it.
Can you imagine Cael & Co. with twice the scholarships to work with? - that’s just frucking frightening!
In Iowa land we just pretend that did not really happen and if it did well it was just that one single time.

Reactions: dropster45
ADVERTISEMENT