ADVERTISEMENT

Howard Eskins=Moron

bkmtnittany1

Jan 12, 2014
Heading to the Jersey Shore yesterday and this dolt is on the radio...totally dissing PSU. Blames the fraternity case on the University...basically stated that the charges were dropped because of PSU, that the Centre County DA's office had nothing to do with the case being dropped. PSU football covers up everything... Franklin sucks as a coach, that he was classless icing the kicker and throwing Pitt under the bus...the Big Ten sucks....no way we should be #4...OK ST would kick our ass...kept saying that we beat up Georgia Southern last week, can't even get the teams name correct...anyone who disagreed with him was called a "Penn State Apologist" and that anyone who likes PSU is "drinking the kool-aid." Seriously..this guy is a complete moron.

He went to Temple and his kid to Miami. Typical ratings whore who likes to make news by being controversial and insulting fans. Ignore the clown - he's been irrelevant for years.

Edit: he never attended college as a poster below pointed out, but he's a shill for Temple anyway, as is everyone else I ignore on WIP.

Last edited:
Reactions: anon_1eeb2b426hv3y
He's been a pretty arrogant self centered sports 'personality' in Philly for a long time. His schtick is to basically rip anyone- (especially if popular) as that controversy brings ratings. From what I've heard, even his coworkers pretty much can't stand him.

I think the bottom line is that Philly media tend to hate PSU, Eskin is no exception. They feel the need to promote Temple all the time. Since Temple lost like 43-7 to USF this week, they certainly aren't going to be able to talk up Temple football so their default usually is to then talk down Penn State football.

Reactions: harbest
He's been a pretty arrogant self centered sports 'personality' in Philly for a long time. His schtick is to basically rip anyone- (especially if popular) as that controversy brings ratings. From what I've heard, even his coworkers pretty much can't stand him.

I think the bottom line is that Philly media tend to hate PSU, Eskin is no exception. They feel the need to promote Temple all the time. Since Temple lost like 43-7 to USF this week, they certainly aren't going to be able to talk up Temple football so their default usually is to then talk down Penn State football.
I agree. Lived in Downingtown for 13 years and listened to anti PSU crap all the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: psu00
Heading to the Jersey Shore yesterday and this dolt is on the radio...totally dissing PSU. Blames the fraternity case on the University...basically stated that the charges were dropped because of PSU, that the Centre County DA's office had nothing to do with the case being dropped. PSU football covers up everything... Franklin sucks as a coach, that he was classless icing the kicker and throwing Pitt under the bus...the Big Ten sucks....no way we should be #4...OK ST would kick our ass...kept saying that we beat up Georgia Southern last week, can't even get the teams name correct...anyone who disagreed with him was called a "Penn State Apologist" and that anyone who likes PSU is "drinking the kool-aid." Seriously..this guy is a complete moron.

The last time I looked, this was a country founded on free speech and EVERYONE was entitled to express their opinion........................no matter how much of an ass they make of themselves by doing so.

Reactions: bkmtnittany1
I agree. Lived in Downingtown for 13 years and listened to anti PSU crap all the time.
This has been going on for 30 years.
Was much worse when he had a daily show.
Typical jealous Temple nerd.
Best thing is not to listen to WIP, better yet start a boycott WIP plan.

Reactions: lionville

Go one step further. Boycott their sponsors. Let the sponsors know why.

I recall hearing him about 3 yrs ago, maybe 4. He was reveling in the problems....making statements that "PSU was in a graveyard", "They are forever finished"..."They should go Ivy League"....that PSU will be "Lucky to get 15,000 at a home game"...it puts a smile on my face knowing that it just wrenches this assholes gut that we are back.

...Howard Eskin never went to college...
...and he says people always notice his Rolex watch, which he says he doesn't flaunt and just bought it because he needed a watch...
...he's an important influence and valuable player on the national sports scene ... at least in his mind...
...oh, well...

Last edited:

I never could really understand- why the need to be 'all Temple, all the time'? I get they are a local school but they've been horrible in football forever. St. Joes, LaSalle, Penn, and Villanova don't get that homer treatment in sports. Even when Villanova basketball was very good in the big east and won the national title they still were often treated like a red headed stepchild and not 'really' Philly's team. (At least that's what it seemed when I lived there years ago).

Why are they so fixated with Temple?

He is a special kind of turd - most everyone hates the guy for one reason or another - never listed to him or WIP - I have never heard a bigger group of know nothing dopes to use an Eskin term.

Thanks Psuro for bringing levity to the discussion. If you don't like guy on radio, don't listen... don't rant about him. He is only as good as his listeners. If they leave him. He is gone! Same with ESPN. Turn the channel which many are doing.

Thanks Psuro for bringing levity to the discussion. If you don't like guy on radio, don't listen... don't rant about him. He is only as good as his listeners. If they leave him. He is gone! Same with ESPN. Turn the channel which many are doing.

I won't listen to that POS station ever again....

but he had you both listening and worked up... that's his job first and foremost. he might not agree with a thing he said - need to keep that in mind when listening to guys trying to get ratings.

He went to Temple and his kid to Miami. Typical ratings whore who likes to make news by being controversial and insulting fans. Ignore the clown - he's been irrelevant for years.
He is NOT a college graduate. One son to Miami, another to USC.

Penn State, the state's flagship school, is pretty well hated by the media in the state's two major cities. This isn't new. It well pre-dates sandusky. Is there another flagship school so similarly hated by the media in their state?

He was either dating or just having an affair with a married woman and was sending her flowers. The husband found out and ended up killing the woman. I think Eskin testified in the trial.
well...if she was having and affair with Eskin, it was probably suicide.

Reactions: DC89
Penn State, the state's flagship school, is pretty well hated by the media in the state's two major cities. This isn't new. It well pre-dates sandusky. Is there another flagship school so similarly hated by the media in their state?
I've lived in several other states and in most places college sports do not get nearly as much attention as in PA. What I've seen elsewhere is the media barely ever talking about the flagship school

Add that word to your word okay game with Fair.
Smarmy is too smarmy to add. It sounds like what it means. Unctuous would be a better addition and keep the meaning.

I once heard Eskin say "When I fly commercial ... " That alone is cause for a punch in his snot locker.

Smarmy is too smarmy to add. It sounds like what it means. Unctuous would be a better addition and keep the meaning.

I once heard Eskin say "When I fly commercial ... " That alone is cause for a punch in his snot locker.
I actually ran into Eskin once - it was in Cherry Hill, NJ at a former Pizzeria Uno (now it's a different chain restaurant)....it was after Larry Johnson lit up Michigan State and passed 2000 yards for the season....he saw my Penn State shirt and asked me if I thought Johnson was going to win the Heisman, and I said something like "I hope so - it's been a while." His only response - "He will probably not get the West Coast votes"....and that was about it. It was not really anything of animus towards me or Penn State.

As a former ladyfriend who worked in the Philadelphia media once said to me "Part of being in the media is playing a character, just like being on a television show". I think most of Eskin's schtick is the character he plays. Maybe he does not like Penn State, but I doubt it's with the same vim and vigor as most people think.

Reactions: artsandletters
I actually ran into Eskin once - it was in Cherry Hill, NJ at a former Pizzeria Uno (now it's a different chain restaurant)....it was after Larry Johnson lit up Michigan State and passed 2000 yards for the season....he saw my Penn State shirt and asked me if I thought Johnson was going to win the Heisman, and I said something like "I hope so - it's been a while." His only response - "He will probably not get the West Coast votes"....and that was about it. It was not really anything of animus towards me or Penn State.

As a former ladyfriend who worked in the Philadelphia media once said to me "Part of being in the media is playing a character, just like being on a television show". I think most of Eskin's schtick is the character he plays. Maybe he does not like Penn State, but I doubt it's with the same vim and vigor as most people think.
I get that. I also met him briefly at an Uno's just off of Rittenhouse Square (also something different now). Same thing. Mild-mannered and so on. It's the quote I posted above, the fur coat bit, the name dropping, the primping and affection for mirrors I noticed, and his on-air personality that makes him smarmy. The package is unlikeable.

The last time I looked, this was a country founded on free speech and EVERYONE was entitled to express their opinion........................no matter how much of an ass they make of themselves by doing so.
Don't look now but over 20 states are trying to pass laws closing down free speech. It's what Nazis do. Most are below the Mason-Dixon Line.

Reactions: artsandletters
Don't look now but over 20 states are trying to pass laws closing down free speech. It's what Nazis do. Most are below the Mason-Dixon Line.

Huh? laws won't do it...its in the constitution. So they'd have to support an amendment, which ain't gonna happen.

ADVERTISEMENT