ADVERTISEMENT

How we can reconcile the rifts in the college wrestling community

"But at what point does a rivalry devolve into something counterproductive, something hateful? I'd argue we've already reached that point of no return and the results have been disastrous for our sport's unity. The RTC transfers, the negative college recruiting, the animus in the crowds, the bad blood between athletes and fans alike. It's gone too far."

If you don't know when it's gone too far, but you think we've " reached that point of no return". What?

I like not liking Iowa. I respect their wrestlers and give them shit from time to time. It's not my fault those corn fed pricks have thin skin lol. I kid I kid. Either way I'm never rooting for iowa and I suppose they will never root for us unless one of their wrestlers makes the national team. Other than that we are and they aren't

If the Hawkeye wrestlers want to join Penn State and be backups to our guys (except Spencer who might be in a PSU uniform soon anyway🙃) I would welcome them.

I love Hawk fans. I'm seriously considering hitting Larry Lee up for a job to be closer to them....

Shortened version: OP wants Iowa to shut down their wrestling program.

To the OP:

You are overthinking the problem. The solution is simple:

NUKE 'EM!

Or a 40-0 drubbing at Carver Hawkeye.

wU7Tafr.gif

I have nothing but respect for all of Iowa's wrestlers. I have respect for their coaching staff. I have respect for their university. The one thing I cannot stomach is their miserable fans. They are the worst fans in the B1G, in both wrestling and football. I want nothing to do with them.

I have nothing but respect for all of Iowa's wrestlers. I have respect for their coaching staff. I have respect for their university. The one thing I cannot stomach is their miserable fans. They are the worst fans in the B1G, in both wrestling and football. I want nothing to do with them.
Agree about Carver fans. Their rude comments most likely arise from penis envy. On the other hand, their football fans have been a ton of fun to tailgate with except one time in the 90’s when I got “spiked” after a pummeling by the guys in Blue & White. In my case the spiking involved being held down on top of a Black & Gold bus and being water-boarded with vodka. In the end I can only say that Iowa fans really give a damn .... they cheer hard .... and know their stuff. Not really unlike our best fans.

Reactions: nitlion6
Agree about Carver fans. Their rude comments most likely arise from penis envy. On the other hand, their football fans have been a ton of fun to tailgate with except one time in the 90’s when I got “spiked” after a pummeling by the guys in Blue & White. In my case the spiking involved being held down on top of a Black & Gold bus and being water-boarded with vodka. In the end I can only say that Iowa fans really give a damn .... they cheer hard .... and know their stuff. Not really unlike our best fans.
You should go by “Spykee.”

I like not liking Iowa. I respect their wrestlers and give them shit from time to time. It's not my fault those corn fed pricks have thin skin lol. I kid I kid. Either way I'm never rooting for iowa and I suppose they will never root for us unless one of their wrestlers makes the national team. Other than that we are and they aren't
Going through some threads by the fanswin and came across this gem. Just a basic call it like it is post but to me brilliant.

Reactions: nitlion6
Even the most casual fan of college wrestling understands the importance of the rivalry between Iowa and Penn State. But at what point does a rivalry devolve into something counterproductive, something hateful? I'd argue we've already reached that point of no return and the results have been disastrous for our sport's unity. The RTC transfers, the negative college recruiting, the animus in the crowds, the bad blood between athletes and fans alike. It's gone too far.

In today's polarized political climate everything is "us versus them", but it doesn't have to be that way. This is why I'm proposing a solution designed to bring the college wrestling community back together: the creation of a Unity team that will teach people no matter if they're black and gold or blue and white we're ultimately all one race– the human race.

Here are some Pro's to a Unity team:

-By combining the Penn State and Iowa rosters the Unity team would be an automatic favorite to win the NCAA team title in 2022. If the Hawkeye and Nittany Lion fanbases could win a title together through teamwork they might realize how much they share in common. Namely, a love of college wrestling.

-An incredible opportunity for wrestle-offs. Because these teams (team) have the #1 or #2 ranked wrestler at a few weights (133, 141, 174, etc.) watching these squads determine who would represent the Unity team would be like watching the NCAA finals before the season even started! Sign me up for a front row seat.

-Improving parity in the sport. What might appear to be a downside in benching the loser of these wrestle offs is actually an upside for every other team competing next year. By eliminating a top 10 wrestler at every weight so he can be the practice partner for the starting wrestler on the Unity team, you greatly improve the chances of historically under-represented teams to be given a chance to All American. This will lead to fewer programs being cut as we've seen in recent years.

-Ending hate between the fanbases once and for all. Why stop at creating a Unity team for just the athletes? Fans are the backbone of the wrestling fanbase, and what the success of the Unity team will prove is that Unity works everywhere. A Unity fanbase would mean "foregn exchange trips" where children and even wives could be swapped out to learn about what the opposing cultures in Iowa City and Happy Valley are all about. When you're here, you're family and when it comes to Unity, "here" means everywhere!
Iron it's is that you lmfao.

Even the most casual fan of college wrestling understands the importance of the rivalry between Iowa and Penn State. But at what point does a rivalry devolve into something counterproductive, something hateful? I'd argue we've already reached that point of no return and the results have been disastrous for our sport's unity. The RTC transfers, the negative college recruiting, the animus in the crowds, the bad blood between athletes and fans alike. It's gone too far.

In today's polarized political climate everything is "us versus them", but it doesn't have to be that way. This is why I'm proposing a solution designed to bring the college wrestling community back together: the creation of a Unity team that will teach people no matter if they're black and gold or blue and white we're ultimately all one race– the human race.

-By combining the Penn State and Iowa rosters the Unity team would be an automatic favorite to win the NCAA team title in 2022. If the Hawkeye and Nittany Lion fanbases could win a title together through teamwork they might realize how much they share in common. Namely, a love of college wrestling.

-An incredible opportunity for wrestle-offs. Because these teams (team) have the #1 or #2 ranked wrestler at a few weights (133, 141, 174, etc.) watching these squads determine who would represent the Unity team would be like watching the NCAA finals before the season even started! Sign me up for a front row seat.

-Improving parity in the sport. What might appear to be a downside in benching the loser of these wrestle offs is actually an upside for every other team competing next year. By eliminating a top 10 wrestler at every weight so he can be the practice partner for the starting wrestler on the Unity team, you greatly improve the chances of historically under-represented teams to be given a chance to All American. This will lead to fewer programs being cut as we've seen in recent years.

-Ending hate between the fanbases once and for all. Why stop at creating a Unity team for just the athletes? Fans are the backbone of the wrestling fanbase, and what the success of the Unity team will prove is that Unity works everywhere. A Unity fanbase would mean "foregn exchange trips" where children and even wives could be swapped out to learn about what the opposing cultures in Iowa City and Happy Valley are all about. When you're here, you're family and when it comes to Unity, "here" means everywhere!
In this thread you talk about political differences and getting along and on your other thread your embracing political division likes it's a new girlfriend. Make up your mind. Oh and find something productive to do with your time it's summer for Gods sake

Your posts are so corny. Stop.

You know who is a funny poster? That guy who writes the fake articles. Holy cow, I can’t remember his name. Slush. Phew, I defeat old-man mind for another day.

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
ADVERTISEMENT